• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Artist Needed for Logo

Locals Find!

Very Good Article Isign. Thanks.

I may have worded my request wrong after reading that. I was thinking more along the lines of what you had posted when you were doing the work up for the Truck Logo you had done. Just a rough sketch of what someone was thinking. To see if it was going to be in the right ballpark or really left field. I never meant to ask for Free work or to use it to submit to other designers.

Thanks for the Education. I will have to make note of this for future reference.

grampa dan

I viewed it as a compliment when I was asked to do this design and I appreciated him and others thinking of me. Sadly it wasn't in my price range. No worries.

-grampa dan

iSign

I simply emailed the suggestions given to me. I was politely turned down by Grandpa Dan. I don't think I offended him by asking him.

I am not at all surprised that Dan was polite. I have been reading his posts for close to 10 years, & have never seen him not be polite.

Dan is an inspiration to many, and I too have aspirations to learn many of Dan's skills. His professional behavior is just one of the many areas I hope to be influenced by, as I find my own path to mature as a business person, and a member of the larger sign & graphics community.

In the mean time, I can't deny that your several pages of abuse on another new member last month has created a reputation that influences my gut reaction to your posts, Oh well.. I have that character flaw :rolleyes:

PromoGuyTy

Two or Three

Adtechia-

If you'd like, I'll make you two or three logos for free.

-Just kidding, and trying to get a rise out of others...

PromoGuyTy

Logo Package

We sell a simple logo package to small biz owners with limited budget all the time for $300.00

Probably sold 50 logos last year. (Logo design represents a very small portion of our business. We do lots of promo-products, paper print, and large format. And a few signs....esp. large orders of screen printed signs that we outsource)

You can call me lowballer if you want (doesn't hurt my feelings).

I'm in the business to make a nice living for my family, and thankfully, I do.

I have no snobbery when it comes to design. My work is adequate for my market and their budget, but I ain't no Grandpa Dan.

See our logo samples at http://abbapromotions.com/images/newlogos_alt.pdf

(Our logo portfolio is actually a fair bit better than link above...just haven't had time to properly update our website)

Our work is generally clean, useable art, in proper formats for reproduction with a simplistic, written set of parameters for the customer to follow (pms 356...don't distort the logo...etc........bout a paragraph),

I'm no Iconic Designer. I don't wanna' be.

I do appreciate the talents of those who are and hope they can command thousands from their clients.

But, I (and my customer base) are a LONG way from commanding $2k per logo...

To recap, I'm in this business to make money, not for the sake of art.

Right now, I think our price for a simplistic style logo matches the level of our design work and our market of very small businesses.

I have no shame about our $300 price.

But I hope to be at $500 soon. :peace!:

Locals Find!

We sell a simple logo package to small biz owners with limited budget all the time for $300.00

Probably sold 50 logos last year. (Logo design represents a very small portion of our business. We do lots of promo-products, paper print, and large format. And a few signs....esp. large orders of screen printed signs that we outsource)

You can call me lowballer if you want (doesn't hurt my feelings).

I'm in the business to make a nice living for my family, and thankfully, I do.

I have no snobbery when it comes to design. My work is adequate for my market and their budget, but I ain't no Grandpa Dan.

See our logo samples at http://abbapromotions.com/images/newlogos_alt.pdf

(Our logo portfolio is actually a fair bit better than link above...just haven't had time to properly update our website)

Our work is generally clean, useable art, in proper formats for reproduction with a simplistic, written set of parameters for the customer to follow (pms 356...don't distort the logo...etc........bout a paragraph),

I'm no Iconic Designer. I don't wanna' be.

I do appreciate the talents of those who are and hope they can command thousands from their clients.

But, I (and my customer base) are a LONG way from commanding $2k per logo...

To recap, I'm in this business to make money, not for the sake of art.

Right now, I think our price for a simplistic style logo matches the level of our design work and our market of very small businesses.

I have no shame about our $300 price.

But I hope to be at $500 soon. :peace!:

We are in the same class here. Our business models seem fairly similar. I for one can appreciate where your coming from. I too just do this to make a living its really not a passion with me. I know many others on here really have a passion for the Art of Sign Making. I think thats great. Like me you probably just like to make what works and sell lots of it. So you can afford to do what you really enjoy. In my case being able to buy more books for my private library.

Your portfolio was nice, work looked very similar to what I can currently produce myself. I was looking for someone that had more of a freehand drawing ability. That could then be vectorized.

petesign

I would say my passion for my work is much greater than the artwork I am capable of producing. When I go out , I am always looking at the signs - how they are made, printed, the design, just everything. I never miss an opportunity to learn and improve my skill set or knowledge. Drives my wife a little nuts.

I've been tinkering with photoshop and illustrator about 12 years now. And i still suck.

WildWestDesigns

I've been tinkering with photoshop and illustrator about 12 years now. And i still suck.

It really starts to get nerve wrecking when you start seeing images not as the finished product, but broken down into the shapes that you need to make, merge, and/or minus in order to come up with that final product.

iSign

We sell a simple logo package to small biz owners with limited budget all the time for $300.00...

...You can call me lowballer if you want (doesn't hurt my feelings)...

...But I hope to be at $500 soon.

Your work looks fine. Nobody called you a lowballer either...

....but out of curiosity, what percent of your 50 low priced logos were sold in conjunction with an order of pens, or other promotional items? Whether it was 1 or 50 doesn't really matter, but I think you see my reason for asking...

I can tell you what someone on another board said 10 years ago, and I listened...

"you won't get it if you don't ask"

...do yourself a favor, and just take one of your next $300 logo opportunities, and say $500, instead of $300. You may be surprised.. and if you get it, you will know what many others know... your logo design skills and the value of that to your clients is already worth at least $500...

...the rest of the story I might as well say, because I need to hear it...

quite often, for the both of us... that value to our clients is already $2000

AUTO-FX

I recently replied to a Craigslist advertisement, someone requesting a logo/business card layout for their new side business. They stated that the budget was $100. I thought, okay, if I can do this in one shot , in under an hour, that's fine. They wanna pay crap, I'd give 'em 100$ worth of it. So in my response I stated (not verbatum) " I am interested, please send me your info and itemized list to be included, along with color preference if any. I will not entertain any revisions. Payment via Paypal will be required before any files are delivered" followed with my standard company signature at the bottom. Not surprisingly, I received no response. I wonder what they thought they were going to get?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I must resist... I must resist!!!

Yeah, me too. :Big Laugh

One thing I have to get off my chest before this place gores down for a few hours is.............

Addie, several times has said to me on the phone, in posts, in a PM, and to others..... that he doesn't do anything far away. I'm sure he will say he doesn't get products from far away, but just the nature of so many point-blank statements... as if he has some kinda system down pat.... he just astounds me how he is always contradicting himself and then back-pedaling to explain himself.

Addie, don't you ever get tired of lying ??
I'll stop there and not go into this ridiculous thread or request of his.

Locals Find!

Yeah, me too. :Big Laugh

One thing I have to get off my chest before this place gores down for a few hours is.............

Addie, several times has said to me on the phone, in posts, in a PM, and to others..... that he doesn't do anything far away. I'm sure he will say he doesn't get products from far away, but just the nature of so many point-blank statements... as if he has some kinda system down pat.... he just astounds me how he is always contradicting himself and then back-pedaling to explain himself.

Addie, don't you ever get tired of lying ??
I'll stop there and not go into this ridiculous thread or request of his.

Really Gino???? Merry Christmas to you too!

For once I am not going to Argue with you. Merry Christmas is all I have to say on this Subject.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Just for clarity, the "I must resist" was not for Adtechia... don't know the dude, seen the arguing, and antics and I think he is now trying to fit in, so I'm giving him a chance... it was some crap I felt like starting and the only way to scratch that itch was to add my little quip...

iSign

for the record, I have to give adtechia a lot of credit too... he did step in some goo... and tracked it around a bit before he noticed... which happens walking in to a new place... but I also see every effort being made to not step in any more goo, & to quit tracking it around... so that character flaw I confessed to?... and those aspirations of my maturing some day?... gonna start today..

Merry Christmas everyone!!
(& if you up the budget to $300, I just might email a very very rough pencil sketch and a bid)

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I mature looking, non-cartoony celery holding a phone to it's ear holding a brief case, where do people come up with this stuff? I can see a parsnip, napa cabbage, even bok choy or maybe a radish, but celery?

Locals Find!

I mature looking, non-cartoony celery holding a phone to it's ear holding a brief case, where do people come up with this stuff? I can see a parsnip, napa cabbage, even bok choy or maybe a radish, but celery?

We want it to be a cartoon looking celery. That's why I asked for help. The celery fits in with his domain name. Its a goofy word play thing.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Really Gino???? Merry Christmas to you too!

For once I am not going to Argue with you. Merry Christmas is all I have to say on this Subject.

Merry Christmas backatcha.

I'll let it go, too. We'll talk about it later. Everyone seems to be in the holiday spirit and want to let by-gones be by-gones. However, I don't forget things quite as easily... especially when I was the brunt of some of it.

Anyway, don't drink too much eggnog and be merry and safe.