• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Artwork for channel letter and other signage projects

Chuck Taylor

Does anyone know where I can purchase 3D vector artwork to create signage drawings for raceways, channel letters, etc. or if there is software out there to do this?
We typically use CorelDraw and Illustrator for our drawings, but was hoping there was something out there pre-made that we could purchase.
Thank you in advance for your assistance and suggestions.
CK Taylor

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what you're asking ??

Do you want to make renderings to show your customer or do you wanna make shop drawings for schematics ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I just did this one this morning. If they like it, I will add the dimensions and whatnot for the elevations. Took maybe 20 minutes. Just used adobe. Nothing special needed, unless I'm missing something.

halo effect at night.jpg

How fancy-schmancy do you need to get for a customer ??

No raceway because of the halo.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Like some sort of program that can take your flat vector and spit out a cad file of the box rather than having to draw it out

Chuck Taylor

I just did this one this morning. If they like it, I will add the dimensions and whatnot for the elevations. Took maybe 20 minutes. Just used adobe. Nothing special needed, unless I'm missing something.

View attachment 159429

How fancy-schmancy do you need to get for a customer ??

No raceway because of the halo.

Like this...

Attachments

• example.JPG
    example.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 145

Chuck Taylor

Like some sort of program that can take your flat vector and spit out a cad file of the box rather than having to draw it out
Looking for vector elements or software that will allow me to create drawings for the client and for permits that looks like this...

Attachments

• example.JPG
    example.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 146

weyandsign

You could make that drawing with pretty much any program. Flexi, Corel, Illustrator, Autocad, whatever. Just depends what you're proficient with. Make a few generic ones that you can utilize or modify for multiple projects

Chuck Taylor

I was hoping someone knew of a place that sold vector 3D symbols/artwork that we could incorporate into our drawings for the raceways, channel letters, etc.

bcxprint420

Sign & Banner Xpress
I was hoping someone knew of a place that sold vector 3D symbols/artwork that we could incorporate into our drawings for the raceways, channel letters, etc.
Suggest you read the tutorial on your adobe illustrator program. If you do not have that then i suggest you get it thats the software that can makethe 3d renderings you want. Just have to learn howto do it. Its not a one button click finished job type of action.

victor bogdanov

Chuck Taylor

Suggest you read the tutorial on your adobe illustrator program. If you do not have that then i suggest you get it thats the software that can makethe 3d renderings you want. Just have to learn howto do it. Its not a one button click finished job type of action.
Thanks for the info :)

Z SIGNS

Looking for vector elements or software that will allow me to create drawings for the client and for permits that looks like this...
If you are new to this your thinking is backwards. I think you should be creating not looking for the victors.
If you worked in any real art department you would probably get fired on the first day.
C'mon who goes to a job and asks for the easy way out.
Here is a unique thought.
Why not do it yourself? who knows it might be fun make you special.

Chuck Taylor

If you are new to this your thinking is backwards. I think you should be creating not looking for the victors.
If you worked in any real art department you would probably get fired on the first day.
C'mon who goes to a job and asks for the easy way out.
Here is a unique thought.
Why not do it yourself? who knows it might be fun make you special.
Geez - it was just a question... I have many hats to wear in my business already and thought "someone" might know where I could purchase vectors to use as a basis for our renderings.
I don't see the need for you to be so sarcastic, or am I incorrect in thinking that this is where one might go to ask questions... holy shit :(

Z SIGNS

Geez - it was just a question... I have many hats to wear in my business already and thought "someone" might know where I could purchase vectors to use as a basis for our renderings.
I don't see the need for you to be so sarcastic, or am I incorrect in thinking that this is where one might go to ask questions... holy **** :(
Chuck Taylor,
My apologies if I have offended you.
No malice intended.
Search the web. It's out there. Do a search for a 3d model of a bolt .You will be amazed.
Put on that creative hat and you are good to go