• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bad print from Roland sp-540v

Johanswe

why do I get the red line in the printout? it is an eps file, the color is otherwise good.

Attachments

• röd linje.jpg
    röd linje.jpg
    718.8 KB · Views: 500

Johanswe

Did it just start doing that randomly ??

The picture is taken on the first print I made, bought the machine without printheads and has fixed it. All other prints I make get the same red line. Have never used a roland or versaworks before, can it be a setting?

Johanswe

I now see that if I write a text in illustrator, the red line is not included. but if I download a vector and print, I get red lines.

Johanswe

That may be due to the way your illustrator is exporting, 100% black ink will not have this issue since it appears to be the magenta being misaligned. What you are seeing is the magenta head laying down ink that should be mixed in with the other colors to make a rich black...

Okey. How fix this?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
You are welcome! Glad you are up and running. Merry Christmas to you! You have a workhorse printer, take care of it, do the regular maintenance and it will make you some money!

Johanswe

I have one last problem. when i am going to print and cut it cuts 1-2mm wrong. I have tried setting it up but without success. I have also noticed that the vinyl moves to the side a few millimeters, how do I fix this? uses 3 pinch rollers for 717mm vinyl. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you!

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
In the print&cut adjustment menu, there is a second test print that prints the black squares, like the crop cut adjustment. Try using that one and adjusting the the alignment to see of that works better...
On the sideways movement of the vinyl, when is it moving? During printing or cutting?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Is it during printing or cutting? Several things to check and do.

Look at the sides of all the pinch rollers. The outer 2 rollers should have a colored dot on the outside, i.e., the left roller should have a dot on the left side and the right one on the right side. The middle rollers should not have any dots.

Look for a crack in the pinch roller assy - see attached pic.

Perform the following:
Initialize the limit. See attached file.
In service mode: Linear Encoder and Linear Calibration.

Attachments

• Roland pinch assy crack location.jpg
    Roland pinch assy crack location.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 257
  • Initialize the limit.pdf
    355.4 KB · Views: 202

Johanswe

no crack on anyone. can it help when I get media flanges so I can attach the vinyl behind? run loose sheets now. And i did a different print than the black squares, guess this is the problem with the cut? see picture. how fix this? to explain a little better, all the decals are cut differently right now, some more to the right, some more to the left. has received 3 of 20 decals that have been correct.

Attachments

• cut 2.jpg
    cut 2.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 207
  • cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 202

Johanswe

it is perfectly cut up and down, but the sides are wrong.
How can there be offset on both sides?

Attachments

• test picture.jpg
    test picture.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 230