• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bad service from signs 365

Kottwitz-Graphics

As far as colors or sizes, materials, that is just copying files and information you downloaded.
>

you would think. I did a job with them that was 8 maps, with different "you are here" indicators on each one. I set the file up with 4 maps on each print, and it was 10 foot each print. The first file was named Maps 1 - 4 and the second file was named Maps 5 - 8.

When I got them in and applied them and delivered them without qc'ing them, my customer called me and said hey we've got two sets of 1 through 4. So signs365 took the first file and just printed it twice.

So I called them and asked them to please print the file labeled Map 5 -8. When I got that order back they had printed Maps 1 through 4 again. I had to go in and physically order the correct file and they did not charge my card.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I duno, I still don't buy this story... And if there is something you're not sharing with us it's wrong to put a company on blast like this.

What I suspect happened, is there was some error in your artwork or you sized it wrong. Maybe the "damage" is some small curling that can happen when vinyl gets shipped, and you tried to use it as a reason for them to reprint but they didn't buy into that argument... so as a concession, they offered to reprint it for a discount.

I HIGHLY doubt they printed something wrong, AND it was damaged and STILL they said they wouldn't reprint it for free. It doesn't make sense.

Johnny Best

I duno, I still don't buy this story... And if there is something you're not sharing with us it's wrong to put a company on blast like this.

What I suspect happened, is there was some error in your artwork or you sized it wrong. Maybe the "damage" is some small curling that can happen when vinyl gets shipped, and you tried to use it as a reason for them to reprint but they didn't buy into that argument... so as a concession, they offered to reprint it for a discount.

I HIGHLY doubt they printed something wrong, AND it was damaged and STILL they said they wouldn't reprint it for free. It doesn't make sense.

Hey Tex, you did read where he said he was a ***** cranky old man didn't you? Let's just leave it go.

d fleming

No Tex, that's the straight tale, don't care if you believe me or not. S365 blew it and told me to chew it. They SUCK. And BTW, I know the difference between shipping damage and a dull knife tear.

klingsdesigns

They have always stood behind their work with us. I did have one time they called and told me that I have to lower my expectations and realize everything wont be perfect. ( I am assuming that person got fired) I posted something like this on signs101 and shortly after was contacted and ever since then they have made it right.
They are normally more than willing to do reprint or discount. Their quality control is not as good as ours, but I know that ordering from them. And mostly if not always leave my self enough time in case a reprint is needed.

ddarlak

Go Bills!

WOW

Just WOW.....

Signs365

Merchant Member
Dave.. I have attached a picture of the border on your uploaded file. I checked a few other uploads before and after yours from other accounts to see if the additional border could possibly be something related to our system. Everything looked good, without additional borders.

I also reviewed the calls you made to our support team.. There are many inconsistencies with your account of what was said by Signs365 and what you are saying we said on this forum. This happens... it's not surprising, just disappointing. I think Ernie and Alex represented Signs365 phenomenally well, and our discount offering was extremely generous.

You stated that you have made a decision to transition away from the sign business over the next couple of years because you have had it with what the sign business has come to over the last decade or so. The BOTH of us are the sign business! And its a better industry because we are where we are. Sure there are some "cranky" people, but honestly... don't they just make it more fun in the long run? It is the greatest business to be in bar-none! I think you should stay here and build it with the rest of us, and perhaps we could be a partner with you in the future. If we are not good enough for you now, maybe someday. We are always striving to better in every way.

Matt

Attachments

• filereview.JPG
    filereview.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 325

Gino

Premium Subscriber
fleming, I feel for ya. We all go through this from time to time. Ya feel alone and helpless, but you found a way to battle it and good for you.

I must say, 365 has done some work for us and all the mistakes were either fixed or credited, if acceptable. In fact, they had one huge mistake with us, well, it was huge to me and they couldn't fix it in time, but Matt came to the rescue and made me a somewhat nice offer, which I eventually accepted and still do things with them.

Sometimes, in the heat of a problem, it's hard to see the light down that tunnel, but try letting the dust settle and see what might happen for ya down the road.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Hopefully, it wasn't paneled in Illustrator CC2019... Just had a wrap that every panel (20 of them) had a white line on 2 sides due to the clipping mask in CC2019.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Not my experience. I have had a number of vendors screw up stuff, including S365. Every single time they have offered to re-print, and if time was an issue I can usually get my corrected work via next day, at their expense. If time is not an issue (it rarely is in my world), I don't push the issue, and let them ship best way.

I work with a lot with outside vendors, and their lifeblood is customer satisfaction. Many times my vendors have caught mistakes I made (spelling errors, alignment errors, not having embedded image files, etc.). Never in my experience have I experienced anything like your story. I find it hard to believe.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Hopefully, it wasn't paneled in Illustrator CC2019... Just had a wrap that every panel (20 of them) had a white line on 2 sides due to the clipping mask in CC2019.
Yeah, Illustrator 2019 sucks dog poop. Along with the dancing tools palette, many of their keyboard options have changed, and many of the default parameters have changed (such as when using clipping masks). I guess they are trying to make the controls more like the Photoshop controls for a universal user experience across their product line, but experienced Illustrator users got caught in the crossfire (who uses Illustrator anyhow when you can just look up the image you want on Google Images? Copyright? What's that?). Us poor sign guys who live in a world of vectors are just going to have to live with it (or move to Corel Draw).

I'm using Illustrator 2018 until Adobe can sort this out. The other day I got some IL2019 files, and the compatibility warning box came up. I asked the designer to save down to 2018, and he kindly told me that they were using 2019 now and that I should upgrade - all the professionals have done it already. Being a lowly sign guy, I just took my vermouth bottle out of my paint-stained bibs and had a couple snorts while I contemplated what this young slickster was talking about. Rather than power-pounding him, I decided to open up 2019 myself and convert the file, then go back to 2018. Problem solved, except now I have to get some more vermouth.

d fleming

Not disappeared, dang near died. Flu hit half the family. Just now back up. On top of that my father in law has been in hospital for major vascular surgery and is finally starting to show signs of improvement. It's been nuts. No, job not designed in illy, was done in signlab. Had the job reprinted and installed already while I was out sick by a good friend. Exact same files, no outline, no torn edges, all panels fit exact. Inspected it myself this morning. My buddy did an excellent job and I owe him a debt of gratitude. The job was a day or two later than I would have liked but I made it happen and the customer is happy and letting us start the remainder of the project. I'll admit I could have handled it better but that's a two way street. Now they have 999 customers a day, they'll live.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Sorry to hear about the trouble. We respect 365 as a fellow wholesaler. We generally hear they do a really good job with errors (which we all have in the business).