• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best adhesive to attach polycarbonate sheets to PVC fence

hottscennessey

Hey Everyone,

I have a personal project where I'm trying to adhere .060 polycarb sheeting to a PVC slatted fence to keep debris out of the pool. Since it's a brand new fence I'd rather use an adhesive than hardware. I thought grimco banner tape would hold it at first thought but it failed the next morning, adhering better to the polycarb than the PVC. Next I tried GE clear silicone since I had it out for another project. That worked for a week but failed in a windstorm adhering better to the PVC than the polycarb. Next I would probably try an epoxy but would prefer a single part adhesive so I thought I'd check with you guys first.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Just a thought, since I have seen it before, and the fence is slated. Could you weave the poly in-between the fences?

Kind of like this, I know it's a chain link below but I would maybe think concept could be the same?
1652962036026.png

hottscennessey

Weaving it could be an option but I would like for it to go to the ground to keep the sand out. In the long term I'll have grass up to the fence in some places but in the short term it will be on the vacation rental market and I'm trying to keep the pool guy happy.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
why not lay some sod or plant a hedge?
I think that is in the plan, but the op is looking to cover the fence, to cover the holes between the slats. at least that's what I'm getting.
I'm assuming there is a good reason why not just replace with a more solid style of fencing.

unclebun

He clearly stated he wished not to use hardware.
But sometimes the OP's wishes are the wrong answer. He/she has tried the easily cleaned up adhesives already and they failed. Now they are up to suggestions of adhesives that will require destruction/replacement of fence if they work and later are removed. A few small screws would do the job well and when removed, the holes are easily filled with a white filler.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like someone ordered the wrong fence for the situation.

PVC, especially fencing PVC and Poly carb are two different animals. You're not gonna find an adhesive which will work on both at the same time. It's either gonna be physical fasteners or replace the fence with the correct one. And what good is .060 poly gonna do anyway ??

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
But sometimes the OP's wishes are the wrong answer. He/she has tried the easily cleaned up adhesives already and they failed. Now they are up to suggestions of adhesives that will require destruction/replacement of fence if they work and later are removed. A few small screws would do the job well and when removed, the holes are easily filled with a white filler.
I see your point. My apologies, since your answer was just "screws" and not as explained as above, seemed like you did not read the OP.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That could be true. I've never done it, so it did not occur to me.

So, a continuous fence around a pool.... will, that get expensive ??

hottscennessey

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll probably do some stainless through bolts, and fill the holes if I go in a different direction. I went with polycarb because it was the material I had on hand after a sneezegaurd job.