• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best GOLD paint for carved signs ?

JSIGN

Does anyone have a particular brand / product of quality gold exterior paint that looks bright, and at least somewhat metallic ?

signheremd

Might Consider:
1-Shot 109-L Gold Metallic

Ronan Aqua Leaf colors:
Rich Gold WP109
Real Gold WP18
Inca Gold WP03

If you need it shipped, check with N. Glantz. But always best from a local supplier (we use a local art shop for hard to get colors of paint since they carry these).

tbullo

Superunknown
When not using 23k leaf, I like Ronan rich gold. Here is a pic of something I painted recently with rich gold. Now it does take several coats to get a good look and holds up much better than 1 shot Met. gold.

Attachments

• eagle.jpg
    eagle.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 197

JBurton

Signtologist
We paint a lot of stuff with Matthews brushed aluminum, it's very metallic and has surprisingly good coverage. I imagine they also offer a metallic gold that would fit the bill here.

Billct2

I used to use Kemp Permagild, but I think it isn't made anymore
When researching this recently I found good reviews on this stuff. It's what I will try on my next project that won't pay for the real stuff

Jean Shimp

I also vote for the Ronan Aqua leaf - water based metallic gold. I usually undercoat with a gold color latex paint so that I can get a better coverage with the Aqua leaf that way, usually one or two top coats is sufficient.

JSIGN

Thanks Everyone for all the help ! I will buy the Ronan Rich Gold to start with, and see how that works.