• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Mice For Graphics?

player

I am wondering if there are mice that make designing on a computer easier. I am not thinking so much about extra buttons, but resolution and easier to land where I want it to. I find I tense up my hand and wrist trying to control the mouse when doing small intricate moves. Any work makes my hand and wrist tense up trying to control the mouse.

Are high end gaming mice what I am looking for?

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well first of all, have you lowered the cursor speed in your OS? That's basically the same thing you get with more fancy mouses.
Just lower it few ticks and use it for few weeks. You get used to the lower speed but it makes your movements more accurate.

And yes, proper mouse and proper MOUSE PAD make a huge difference!

jeffdpia

Digital Print Orchestrator
You'll need a good ergonomic mouse (Logitech has a wide selection) depending on your hand size and grip style. I also find that I need a tablet for retouching work in Photoshop as a mouse is way too cumbersome. Display tablets are the way to go as there is a disconnect between looking at the screen and moving your hand some folks can't get used to. My Marathon M705 is very comfy for long term use although too many buttons (turning them off in the software helped a lot) . Good luck, if the instrument does not fit your hand don't keep it!

WildWestDesigns

I'm more of a Wacom user, prefer that to using a mouse. I prefer the ones with the screens then the ones that are are called "tablets". I know some use those and those "tablets" do right be them, I personally prefer the ones with the built in screens. To me, it "feels" more natural, but mileage may vary with that.

Dan360

Basically whatever you find comfortable, everybody is different. That's why they used to have all the mice out for you to feel at the store.

I always turn off "Enhance pointer precision" in windows. It actually does the opposite by trying to predict where you're trying to move the mouse to. It takes a little to get used to but makes it much faster if you like to move around quickly.

Also IMO a good mouse pad is just as important as a mouse, big hard gaming ones are the best. There are some that are metal that will last you the rest of your life.

Chriswagner92

I have a teknet m009 gaming mouse and love it. It has adjustable dpi and speed settings that can be switched with an easy button. All the buttons are programmable, and there are 5 buttons on the side for other presets. I have mine set for various multi-key commands. It's also got removeable weights so you can dial that in as well.

d fleming

One of these guys might help. ;-)

Attachments

• tbm.jpg
    tbm.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 134

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Here is what we use in the whole shop. We have 6 sets of these.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0036E8V08/ref=dp_cr_wdg_tit_nw_mr
Everyone's speed is a little different, so each person has their settings just a little different. I would try messing with the acceleration/ Enhance pointer precision settings. I have those disabled because they made it hard to be accurate which seems so opposite of what it should do. I think that and the ergonomics of the mouse are the most important.
upload_2020-9-11_8-32-47.png

netsol

Premium Subscriber
being left handed the mice with extra buttons drive me crazy. (i just brutalized one the other day with a 4 lb sledge)
i can and do use the mouse with either hand, but the extra button on the left side seems to raise it's ugly head and cause important tabs to close, etc

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Try a tablet. Your wrists will thank you. It is more natural than a mouse. It will take getting used to if you have been with a mouse for many years. I think many people try a tablet and hate it at first because of long term mouse usage but once you get accustomed to the tablet/pen you will never want to use a mouse again

player

^I hate this mouse. I bought one to replace my Performance MX when it wouldn't hold a charge on the rechargeable. They wrecked it with the wheels on the sides. Good luck finding one but the Logitech Performance MX is the way to go. Only buttons I utilize are left and right of course, forward and backward for alt+z and alt+y, and the left and right 'clicks' on the wheel are ctrl+k and ctrl+l for corel break and combine commands... Regardless, finding the best mouse in the world will only make you resent everyone else's stupid mouse when you have to fix their computer.
Also, I'm rough on mice, I tend to use it as a gavel when something goes badly, and I've yet to do anything to this mouse shy of clicking the wheel free spin button on the mouse while hammering it. No mousepad, they just get worn through....
813saYxufBL.jpg
You are right that mouse is hard to find. If the wheels on the side bother you why not Crazy Glue them? There are videos on YouTube showing how to change the batteries on Logitech mice.

TammieH

I just use a Logitech 2 button/wheel, wired mouse, nothing fancy. I have been using a simple mouse to design and draw with since the early 90's
You just get use to it after a couple years :p...I dislike wireless mice, they seem to hesitate randomly, which is annoying. This new work station
came with a wireless mouse and keyboard, after a couple hours, I went back to my old wired 7 year old mouse. :)

myront

CorelDRAW is best
That hammer that cost $150 dollars does nothing by itself. Now take that $15 Ace Hardware hammer in the right hand, or left for that matter. Now actually hit some nails. Gets the job done just the same.