• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best thing to use for removing vinyl adhesive glue.

Tony Rome

I know there are a few things I can order but I really need to get this done today.
I have a vinyl banner I bought (yellow blank 4' x 20') and lettered a year ago and a customer needs one line changed, I normally don't do it but it was pretty simple fix.
The letters came up fairly easy and not much adhesive left behind, but enough to have a little tack, I was going to use Goof Off, anything else you can recommend from Lowes/Home Depot?
Thanks!

Mosh

3M Adhesive Remover. Most auto parts stores carry it, I get mine at the NAPA across the street.

Tony Rome

Thanks guys, this Goof Off works pretty good, just pretty potent, but I thought maybe I would give something else a try if you though tit could be better
Goo Gone is worth a mention but a totally different product and Goof Off has given me a million times better results.
Think I will try to find the 3M stuff.
Thanks!

LittleSnakey

"pb" blaster or wd-40 penetrating oil
then clean real good

Thanks guys, this Goof Off works pretty good, just pretty potent, but I thought maybe I would give something else a try if you though tit could be better
Goo Gone is worth a mention but a totally different product and Goof Off has given me a million times better results.
Think I will try to find the 3M stuff.
Thanks!

Techman

after years of trying them all.
Rapid Remover is about the best there is.

It leaves the cleanest surface that is easier to clean after the snot is wiped off.

All the others work, but it takes much more elbow grease to finish the clean up.

Knep

Rapid Remover is the way to go!

I swore by goo gone for years, till I broke down and actually tried rapid remover! I even used it on the top of my 72 Chevelle when i removed the vinyl top, worked like a charm!

Tony Rome

well i was going to go with goof off because that is all I can find in stores, would anyone carry the Rapid Remover in a store or you think I would have to order it?

Jillbeans

N Glantz or Pioneer sells Rapid Remover.
It's the t!ts, man.
Great with getting the glue off but gentle to the substrate. I've seen Goof Off remove automotive paint.
Love...Jill