• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BEWARE of South Water Signs

jeffkics

Sign Says
Please whatever you all do, DO NOT USE or TAKE ANY JOB from South Water Signs 934 N Church Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126 (630) 333-4900

They DO NOT pay their invoices. I was burned by them for a lousy $125.00 site survey. And by the looks of their google reviews they are doing it on a much larger scale to all of their contractors. They should be looked at by the government in my opinion. If they are a member of the ISA or any sign organizations they should be removed.

This was a site survey for Edward Jones that I was taken for. So they obviously have big accounts.

My survey was completed Oct 7, 2021. I have emailed and called them since them, with responses that they have “escalated” the matter and it will be paid. I have come to the conclusion that I have spent more time than it is worth, and its time to move on, but not before I tell this to you

CanuckSigns

find the scuzziest collection agency who works for a "dont pay unless we collect" model, and send it to them, they will call and bug the crap out of them multiple times a day, you still won't get paid but it will put a smile on your face when you think about it.

CanuckSigns

Wasn't there a post a few weeks ago about a guy not getting paid by Edward Jones, and FastSigns said they have the national contract for EJ? Now this South Water place is sending sign shops all over the country to survey for Edward Jones. I don't think Mrs. Jones would be happy to find out how many sign shops her husband Edward has been in bed with.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Wasn't there a post a few weeks ago about a guy not getting paid by Edward Jones, and FastSigns said they have the national contract for EJ? Now this South Water place is sending sign shops all over the country to survey for Edward Jones. I don't think Mrs. Jones would be happy to find out how many sign shops her husband Edward has been in bed with.
I was gonna say, Edward Jones is sure getting a beating on this forum!

wildside

South water owes us also. First time with them they paid in about 6 months. They never paid again. They did contact us to survey again but I told them they have to pay the past invoice and the new one up front. Never heard from them again.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I assume you know who you did the survey for? Why not call or go in the place and tell them the sign company never paid you? Be genuine and ask them if they can help you out. It won't get you the money but it will run up the ladder faster than you ever could and hopefully smear them.

unclebun

They owe us too. Installed an HR Block sign for them. But the sign was damaged in shipping and required the replacement of a couple of letters. They sent them and we changed them out but they never paid for the repair labor even though they sent us a purchase order for it.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
I read the reviews. Ay caramba. We're downstate from them, so they have contacted us a handful of times. Last job 4 years ago took 9 months to get paid for simple $100 window logo install. I see things haven't changed. :)

Z SIGNS

This has worked for me in the past. Agree on a price to do the survey but insist that you get paid as soon as you deliver the survey. Most will say yes to this.
Send them the survey in a password protected pdf. When they ask for the password tell em not until you pay.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I got them to agree to a $325 survey... but I told them payment upfront and they said no thank you. Probably found someone around here that wasn't privy to their Google reviews.