• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bezos Flight

BigNate

... spending this kind of personal money on personal projects... building a personal space program... is EXACTLY how the uber rich used to give back to society as well... ever hear of a major rail line being installed by the US government? (yes there are a few tiny examples....) but the all the "greats" who helped pump moneys into our infrastructure were in their own times exactly like the current uber rich.

(where do you think all the money to make the rocket go to? Bezos did not pay himself to build a rocket, he gave money to tens of thousands of people to built his rocket - this is how they pump money and intellectual advancement into a capitalist society.)

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
... spending this kind of personal money on personal projects... building a personal space program... is EXACTLY how the uber rich used to give back to society as well... ever hear of a major rail line being installed by the US government? (yes there are a few tiny examples....) but the all the "greats" who helped pump moneys into our infrastructure were in their own times exactly like the current uber rich.

(where do you think all the money to make the rocket go to? Bezos did not pay himself to build a rocket, he gave money to tens of thousands of people to built his rocket - this is how they pump money and intellectual advancement into a capitalist society.)
How much is on the taxpayers nickel? Where did the space technology come from to begin with. What about the NASA facilities they are using? I agree that it is their money to do what they wish with but they aren't doing anyone favors nor are they required to. All the hiring and job creator crap isn't charity, it is an investment with the intention of gaining more wealth. They sure as shit aren't heroes like they are made out to be.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Speaking of rich people. I just finished a book called Empty Mansions about Huguette Clark and how she spent her fathers fortune. (W.A. Clark) I never even heard of him before this book. When he died in 1925 he was said to have a net worth in excess of $250 million or 3.2 billion in todays money. It's a true story of rags to riches, it's very interesting!

BigNate

@ Notarealsignhuy: Name one great from the past who helped build infrastructure AND who did not use any resources from the public (this would include public education used to build personal knowledgebase right?), AND lastly who had zero intent of personal gain.

Rockafellers? no, Smiths? No, Morgans? no, need I go on?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
@ Notarealsignhuy: Name one great from the past who helped build infrastructure AND who did not use any resources from the public (this would include public education used to build personal knowledgebase right?), AND lastly who had zero intent of personal gain.

Rockafellers? no, Smiths? No, Morgans? no, need I go on?
So what's your point? That is what I said. You made it sound as if them hiring people was some sort of philanthropical endeavor, it's not.

BigNate

@ Notarealsignguy... I was referring to this statement: "Uber rich used to give back to society, the arts, libraries, medical research etc. Now this vain crap competing with his equally despicable wealthy oligarchs." I was merely pointing out that what we see through the rose colored glassed of history as giving back to society with no 'vain crap competing with his equally despicable wealthy oligarchs' is wrong - the uber rich have ALWAYS worked for personal gain. However, this is the exact process of how we further advancement and support in a capitalist society (we need the money to keep moving and we need 'crazies' to spend their money on dreams - even if the dreams are for personal vanity.)

yetti320

Everybody complains about Bezos and his money. I think he worked for it. He had an idea and produced that idea. How many people does he employ? How many states and communities benefit from the taxes created? Why do people have their own business? Why is it wrong to work hard, to create your own future. Im sure your neighbors dont say to you each time you buy a new car or take a vacation you did it on the backs of your employees. I'm sure they dont say to you why dont you stop traveling, stop eating out or traveling and give more to your employees. If your employess want to have your life style, they have to pay the price. As owners we are responsible for our selfs, our family, our community and the people we employ. Its a lot of responsibility that goes unnoticed today

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I just wonder if it was deliberate making that rocket look like a big dick, Richard I mean, lol.
It was probably in homage to the founders early direct to VHS movie venture.

Attachments

• amazon women.jpg
    amazon women.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 114

SignosaurusRex

Bezos was asked about the incredible spending on this endeavor and how much more it could be used for improvements on earth.
He replied (in so many words) " We can solve a lot of current and future problems on earth as we conquer issues in space".
He is clearly thinking in terms of claiming land and Colonization on other planets.
The control of "Space" and outer planets is just another avenue to controlling the world.
He is currently swallowing up vast amounts of farm lands on earth & he is racing for the next massive land-grab in space.