• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blogging... what's that like?

Jim Doggett

Thanks for the comment on my blog Jim.

How could I resist??? Dogs!!! Love 'em. Three here at my feet, right now. Gotta send pix!!! Can we add them to post on the blog?

PS: kudos on the default WP look. Let the content be king!!!! The blog is just the container. :^)

Best,

Jon Aston

Jim... I knew you were kidding above. And I'm not knocking your content, or it's author. I'm just pointing out that a different approach might generate more engagement... more conversation... more sharing... in response to your comments about minimal engagement.

Adrien... It's a start. That's half the battle for most people. Again, I would encourage you to think about your business objectives. Unless this is purely for fun... which is fine too. Finally, I'm pretty sure I must have said it before, but - in case I haven't - I love your work!

signmeup

Jim... I knew you were kidding above. And I'm not knocking your content, or it's author. I'm just pointing out that a different approach might generate more engagement... more conversation... more sharing... in response to your comments about minimal engagement.

Adrien... It's a start. That's half the battle for most people. Again, I would encourage you to think about your business objectives. Unless this is purely for fun... which is fine too. Finally, I'm pretty sure I must have said it before, but - in case I haven't - I love your work!
I like this guy!

Kevin-shopVOX

good article on SEO for blogging and ways to use it to drive local traffic...which in all reality is the reason you would want to blog (as a sign business). I have to agree on the use of long-trail keywords versus broad terms. I know the results I get specifically geared to area and products are directly correlated to the platform I'm using to do so and techniques I use for keywords. Multiple top 5, multiple page listings and lots of lots of indexing going on. Couldn't be happier with the sites performance.

Enjoy.

http://websearch.about.com/od/keywordsandphrases/a/blogseo.htm

signmeup

I have discovered (someone showed me) that some people with blogs are making money with banner adds and sponsors. They run an online magazine in effect and get advertisers. If your content is interesting to people and you get enough followers you can sell add space.

Dude. I'm NOT trying to cut your grass. I just sense you could use some help. And I even have marketing consultants as clients. How about that?

Just a quick 'shout out' as one of those consultants..I've had those situations where I am considering a wild idea...or a client has presented a wild idea..or I just need to think through a involved complex strategy Jon is one of the few ppl I've called to talk through my thoughts and listen to his thoughts/ideas or as it usually goes confirm my own thoughts.

There really aren't too many consultants out there who truly understand the daily operations of a sign company and our unique industry and challenges Jon does.

signswi

I have discovered (someone showed me) that some people with blogs are making money with banner adds and sponsors. They run an online magazine in effect and get advertisers. If your content is interesting to people and you get enough followers you can sell add space.

Not really something to be thinking about as a sign business. Getting enough uniques to have profitable advertising is a tough gig and a full time job. I consult for such bloggers and it's very difficult to do profitably enough to where the ROI makes sense. And these are people who's entire business profit model is online ad and affiliate sales--yours is not.

You really don't want to be distracting your viewers from YOUR marketing content with other people's ads. Definitely no place for that on a business blog.

Jon Aston

Not really something to be thinking about as a sign business. Getting enough uniques to have profitable advertising is a tough gig and a full time job. I consult for such bloggers and it's very difficult to do profitably enough to where the ROI makes sense. And these are people who's entire business profit model is online ad and affiliate sales--yours is not.

You really don't want to be distracting your viewers from YOUR marketing content with other people's ads. Definitely no place for that on a business blog.
:goodpost:
Blogging for dollars is a full time job... A second, full-time career. And I happen to know that alot of "A-List" bloggers (people with huge audiences) wouldn't make ends meet on advertising revenue or affliliate marketing revenues on their own... most can't live on the two combined. The people making any real money work very hard on the speaking circuit, regularly launch new "information products", have book deals, etc, etc. Just like in real life, there's no magic formula for getting rich quick. And if there was, you couldn't buy it for $49.95, or three easy payments of $995, or whatever.