• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brag Alert.. Project picture too.

John L

My daughter was voted homecoming princess for the second year in a row!

They are having a 50's theme dance this year and she said the principal was ordering standup props from some online provider. She told them her dad could make a jukebox center piece in his sleep... so I had to show off a little bit.

It's all cut out of 3/4" melamine sheet and the sides hinge for transport. Two things.. it might be as heavy as a real juke box, and melamine doesn't take paint very well, at least not one shot.

Attachments

• ScreenShot073.jpg
    ScreenShot073.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 88

WildWestDesigns

My daughter was voted homecoming princess for the second year in a row!

Two people get excited with news like that. The dad whose daughter is even once voted homecoming princess and the lucky guy that marries the homecoming princess(which is the catagory I fall under, I was too ugly to get the vote).

Congrats on both the project and your daughters twice in a row nomination.

John L

Thanks very much guys.

Brandon, off and on it took me about a week but it was only an hour or so at a time cause I wear too many hats here. If I could have stayed with it, I'd guess a total of 8-10 hours maybe. With no cnc, maybe double that.

Thanks again.

Jillbeans

Very neat, and I don't know who will be more proud of whom, you or your daughter.
(from the ugly duckling aunt of two homecoming queens)
Love....Jill

John L

Thanks folks. Since any prospective dates will usually enter at my home office door. My next project is a large award commemorating my 20 years of service as an assassin for the CIA and I might make a small sign for my storage closet that says "arsenal, no smoking within 50 feet".