• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brand New HP Latex 335 wont turn on

amw

Hi everyone,
We just got a HP Latex 335 printer. We put it together and plugged it in and get nothing, no power of any kind. Checked the receptacles and their is power, tested at the screws. The switch is flipped on the back, however we get nothing turning on.
We cant call HP or our sales person till tomorrow.

Any ideas?

Thank you for any info you might be able to offer.

Marsha

jimboeejit

do you see these leds at power switch?.
or are there no leds at all

Attachments

• IMG_20200830_203649.jpg
    IMG_20200830_203649.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 174

jimboeejit

ok....so no power getting to the printer panel...
you need to check fuses/circuit breakers are good...and are you sure you have not 'tripped' the power at main supply board of premises..
either way...you need a proper tester for that
and im not advising testing power supply unless your qualified...hope you understand

amw

ok....so no power getting to the printer panel...
you need to check fuses/circuit breakers are good...and are you sure you have not 'tripped' the power at main supply board of premises..
either way...you need a proper tester for that
and im not advising testing power supply unless your qualified...hope you understand

I appreciate your help!
We have a meter and have checked the wire up to the outlets. Checked the breakers, everything is good at least up to the outlet.
It is for sure something with the printer.

jimboeejit

you tested both sides of the fuse/circuit breaker on the printer with switch in both positions...
and got power turning on and off...
can only lead to the power not getting to main board internally...im not sure if there is an led on the board but you can take panel off and have a look

amw

you tested both sides of the fuse/circuit breaker on the printer with switch in both positions...
and got power turning on and off...
can only lead to the power not getting to main board internally...im not sure if there is an led on the board but you can take panel off and have a look

Thank you, i think we are going to wait till tomorrow and give HP a call and see what they have to say. I appreciate your help!

amw

Update: So we tried just plugging in the "printer" cord and not the "curing" cord. It turns on and then has an error because the curing cord is not connected. When you plug in the curing cord the breakers trip (both). We have tried the "printer" cord in both plugs and the printer turns on as long as you dont plug in the "curing power cord".

Does this info tell you anything that might be the cause of the curing power cord tripping the breaker as soon as it is plugged in?

amw

You've got a short in the cord that blows the breakers.

I thought that might have been the case however I did try both power cords on the "printer" plug and both worked fine.

I was thinking, if the electrician did not use large enough wire, would that cause this?
Its a 240v 20amp breaker (CGFI) and he used 12awg wire. After the breaker trips it feels warm.
Should this be 10awg?
The printer curing plug calls for 16amps/240.

Last edited:

Bly

More likely it's wired wrong or there's a cut in the cord?
Best to get someone with practical electrical skills to check it.

amw

More likely it's wired wrong or there's a cut in the cord?
Best to get someone with practical electrical skills to check it.

I set pictures of everything to an electrician and he said it is wired correctly. He pointed out that if it wasn't wired right the printer side would not work and it works on both outlets. Its only the curing plug that has an issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

jimboeejit

separate fuse for printer and curing sides...
have you turned all off and tried swapping fuses to see if problem shifts sides?
if that happens then its dodgy fuse...
if only printer side starts like before then problem would be after the fuse

greysquirrel

just curious, was this a new printer that you purchased? Yo would be responsible for power but the reseller is responsible for installation, charging with ink and teaching you how to use it. They are payed by HP to do this...just making sure you are receiving what you are paying for...

amw

separate fuse for printer and curing sides...
have you turned all off and tried swapping fuses to see if problem shifts sides?
if that happens then its dodgy fuse...
if only printer side starts like before then problem would be after the fuse

The printer cord works in either outlet. Both are on there own cgfi breakers. Just when you plug in the curing cord to either outlet it trips the breaker.
I called HP and they insist that it is because of the voltage. It is 245v they said it MUST be between 220 and 240. My electrician said no way that is the issue.
I do not know what to do now.

Anyone able to tell me it they have voltage above 240 like us and the printer is working?

amw

just curious, was this a new printer that you purchased? Yo would be responsible for power but the reseller is responsible for installation, charging with ink and teaching you how to use it. They are payed by HP to do this...just making sure you are receiving what you are paying for...

Yes, new. However it is at home (we lost out shop). We are doing virtual training since my child is high risk. I was told by the company we bought it from that we are responsible for having 2 outlets ready and within that voltage range of 220 and 240.