• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bubble Cube Van layout?

gabagoo

Just curious what you would do with one of thee vehicles as far as applying the graphics
There is no references at all for making anything straight to the body... Use a level? Measure from the floor up?

Attachments

• 53529bcae72eeb1397ff323d19b927ddx.jpg
    53529bcae72eeb1397ff323d19b927ddx.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 278

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Maybe a T-square out from the door jam and go up and down from that. Tough call. Too many rounded areas to be accurate.

Billct2

After looking at it again, we'd probably run a laser level off the crease at the bottom of the door.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    983.7 KB · Views: 236

decalman

I'd use a level, and then eyeball it.
Nice if the customers around to give approval . Then blame him if it's crooked.

Precision

I'd either follow the line off the front fender crease, or level off the floor. Best response is talk to the client and explain the choices, before costing yourself vinyl,labor and time?

letterman7

^ What Billct2 said. Excellent idea for vans like these. A level won't do you any good - you need the body perfectly parallel to the ground.. exceedingly difficult to do.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Just eyeball it and get customer approval before applying. Or design your wording & graphics at a slant and dont use straight lines so you dont have to worry about it at all.

petrosgraphics

i have taken a measurement from the bot of the window to the ground moved to the front of the body take the same measurement mark it, move to the back of the body make a mark , snap a line, see if it looks good. optically correct is the best way. draw a stabilo line if you wish to see the horizontal line a little better. done a few this way, have had no complaints, and it looks good.....

ikarasu

Because of the top it's always going to look crooked to the naked eye.. So it's a hard one. To get to level I'd use the bottom frame and measure from there. But you can bet the client will look at the distance of text from the top on both sides and say it looks crooked. And then take a level and "prove" it's crooked.

I'd show them two options... You can make it level with the ground and show them how slanted it is.. Or level with the frame, which while it might look unlevel because of the curvey top.... Will look the best.

gabagoo

I just measure off the ground and then ran a level and they both came out very close. Can't really measure off the bottom of the vehicle as it curves under itself...no real accuracy. I taped it up and sttod back and made a judgement call. Customer liked it so win win

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Just eyeball it and get customer approval before applying

i agree with this except for the get customer approval, in my mind the customer comes to me to make this right, i'm not gonna cop out and say is this level, is this right???

i hardly ever measure vehicles, eyeball test is my go to, sometimes being level on a vehicle looks wrong, you gotta go with what feels right, just make sure whereever you apply the graphics you have enough room to back up and see the vehicle properly.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Either ya wanna be straight to the ground or straight with something on the vehicle itself. In more than 90% of any vehicles coming in, they're always empty and don't have much weight in them, as to when they'll be fully outfitted and have all the equipment and whatnot in there. A measurement level with the ground empty is bound to be different when full. At least, if you do it to the truck itself, it should always be pretty much level full or empty. And for those of you eyeballing, ya just better not have glasses on.... when doing that.