• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Building does sign no justice...

Marlene

I love blind mounting and also use z clip type mounts when ever possible. I hate seeing a beautiful sign screwed to a wall.

Brandon708

For those interested in a good way to hang a wall sign without putting visible screws through the face, here's a method I use often. This is how this sign was put up. It took a couple of minutes to screw the hanger cleat to the wall. Put one screw in either end, set your level on top of the cleat, raise or lower till level, then finish screwing to the wall. Measure how high up the center cleat should be on top and screw that to the wall. Hang sign on the cleat and secure at the top with one recessed screw and you're done. The sign cannot move at all because of how the sign and wall cleats miters lock in together. This is basically a simple Z clip system that I make up with scrap materials I have around the shop.

I know many of you already use this method but for those who don't, consider it on your next install. Makes for a fast and professional looking install. I hope I explained it well enough.

Very nice install!!!!
Screwing into the face would of took away from the sign. :rock-n-roll:

GP

I know many of you already use this method but for those who don't, consider it on your next install. Makes for a fast and professional looking install. I hope I explained it well enough.

Thanks for taking the time to share your installation techniques - where do you source the hardware?

Marlene

Thanks Brandon, Marlene, and others. Hope somebody can benefit from this easy tip.

me too. so many people make a nice sign then mess it up with the install. it takes a little extra but is well worth the time

signage

Nice of you to show those that do not understand the french cleat.

Your work is always pleasing to see!

SignManiac

Actually I don't use the French cleat anymore since they dislike everyone except their own kind. I've switched to the English cleat as they are friendlier to others and it works as well if not better!

Marlene

Actually I don't use the French cleat anymore since they dislike everyone except their own kind. I've switched to the English cleat as they are friendlier to others and it works as well if not better!

me too, I use Freedom Cleats...:Big Laugh

visual800

the logo is absolute crap. Its too damn busy, hard to read and has no purpose...no reflection on you...HOWEVER the bulding is worser crap and no one will even notice the logo.

John L

Really looks geat Bob. You took a layout that would otherwise look like a ho-hum digital print job and really made it grow wings. Well done. Thanks for posting.

Many times I have heard a client say "wow that looks so good we may as well do the rest of the windows" or "wow... might as well paint the rest of the shopping center". In your case the sign looks so good they may rebuild the entire place.

The english cleat saves a lot of hokie leveling with the oval up on the wall too! Nice.

I use lots of PVC too. Did you pocket the letters into the 3/4 back oval or are they surface glued?

Last edited:

SignManiac

Thanks John, I pocketed the letters except for the very small ones. Weight to strength ratio of the adhesive should pose no problems with them holding.