• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business card layout

How do you all feel about this layout for a business card. It's ok, say what you will, I'm a big boy.

I had a customer come to me and ask for a logo and business name (no need to list all the reasons someone should come up with their own name). The only thing they had for initial input was that it was an investment company and that they wanted it based off of their name Vicki and Tim Onken.

This is what I came up with. Thanks for good and bad feedback.

Attachments

• VTO Business Card.pdf
    666.9 KB · Views: 150

Circleville Signs

OK...Because you asked and told us that you were a big boy, I will be honest.

That is terrible. The logo is horrendous, and that floating metal ball with the bad gradient steps is REAL bad. Once you have the logo down you can start on a better business card.I threw this logo together in about 10 minutes. Use all or some of it if you wish - just please don't use what you have.

Gary

Attachments

• VTO.png
    VTO.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 114

Flame

Sorry, the logo looks rather unprofessional, but even just losing the effects would benefit it. Then the font is really... blah, not a good font. Work on more of a layout, rather than just typing out a font.

A card like that might look good with rounded corners too.... perhaps ;)

luggnut

it is crowding the edges way to much ... give it some room. the overlapping "VT" is kind of funky it looks like letters standing in line behind each other not interlocked or with the same importance. the whole card being in italics bothers me as well. with the name VTO GLOBAL maybe a globe or something

signmeup

VT Global is easier to say. Ditch the O.

Simple is best. Put anything else they need to say on the back.

Attachments

• VTGlobalsm.jpg
    VTGlobalsm.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

SignManiac

yep, less is more...

But can't you just throw in a diamond plate background so you don't waste a good plug in effect??? :)

signgal

LOL @ jiarby and i love signmeup and Caleb's suggestions. When I design cards first and hope to do signs later, I try to come up with something which will work for the signs they will need but with cards you don't have to be so in-your-face. People are holding the card in their hand so you can afford to be a little more subtle and leave some negative space. Also, the ole "if it looks good in black & white first..." adage works here. Maybe just a simple light colored background, rather than all the effects.

well your logo design attempt has been 'addressed'...so i want to bring up the name...it tells me nothing about the company additionally if they are purchasing and selling "renting" (maybe it should read..rental) properties i would think they would be more of a 'local' company than a 'global' company...just saying

Jillbeans

Love SignMeUp's last one.

On yours, nothing flows.
There's the name up top, a few lines of text in the middle, and contact info on the bottom.
Everything is tight to the edges.
On the examples you have been given, you can see the use of negative space to give the name more impact.
The hovering ball should be a globe if the name says global, either an abstract one or a realistic one. If using a realistic globe you could go for a more old-timey feel (meaning really old like da Vinci/map like) which to me would have a more solid reliable feel.

You could also eliminate the T and V and just use O, like O Global with the O in global being big. Now I'm rambling but I usually get a lot of ideas right away unless it's something for myself. But even though it should be "ladies first" I prefer TVO because VT makes me think of VD or even Vermont. Even Onken Global has a nice dignified sound. Oh no what about Big Honken Global?
:)
Love....Jill