• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calling all gardeners....WHAT IS THIS ??

RebeckaR

Yep, pumpkin.
It will self pollinate. As it grows you'll see that there are both male and female flowers on the vines.
Keep it watered, fertilize it - pumpkins are heavy feeders - and watch for squash bugs - they can kill a plant in a hurry.

Steve C.

Looks just like my squash plants, but if it is pumpkin, Let it grow, and on
Halloween carve Jack-0-lanterns right where they set. I've thought about
doing that on my front lawn for years.

Drip Dry

News flash

WE HAVE LIFTOFF
All of a sudden I see fruit. It has grown noticeably larger just since yesterday

Compared to the pictures I took and posted yesterday, you can see the difference at the flower today.

Attachments

• IMG_1869.jpg
    IMG_1869.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1874.jpg
    IMG_1874.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1871.jpg
    IMG_1871.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 69

saktrnch

Better put a fence around it so no little kids get close. In the first picture there's a hand and in the next two it's gone. Gone, just gone, just like that.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Looks more like Squash to me, but reasonably it's probably pumpkin since you had a couple near there that could have dropped seeds.

mtroup

That is definitely a pumpkin plant.. The fruit looks exactly right, plus if it were squash or zucchini plant it wouldn't spread out with "runners".

After sitting pumpkins out each fall I always have plants that come back in the summer, but I also always plant pumpkins in the garden for the fall. It looks nice and healthy and should produce fruit and as far as pollination goes bees will most likely handle it but you can also go out in the early morning and help pollinate by taking the male flowers and distributing the pollen into the fruit's flowers while they're open.

Here is a link to better describe the hand pollination.

http://www.pumpkinnook.com/howto/pollen.htm