• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calling all Mutoh Masters... Valuejet problem

Flame

Curious if any of you could help me diagnose what's going on here? I have a Valuejet 1204 and been getting some weird horizontal banding, and a lil wash of colors into others. Most noticable when I'm printing GREEN. Any ideas what's happening here? My good juju is fading I'm afraid.

Attachments

• print prob.jpg
    print prob.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 132
Assuming that you nozzle test print looks good (a big assumption), PF Adjustments would be my next thought.

Flame

Eh, there's some breaks in there when I run a nozzle check.

Attachments

• nozzle check.jpg
    nozzle check.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 122

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Looks like your maintenance station is failing. When was the last time you replaced the cap top and/or whole maintenance station?

Flame

Never replaced the maintenance station and probably long overdue for cap, now that I think of it

FatCat

Never replaced the maintenance station and probably long overdue for cap, now that I think of it

That is most likely the culprit. You're probably losing seal at the head and as such your head isn't getting enough suction to clear those plugs and keep up with the ink flow. I would also suggest if you've never replaced dampers it might be a good time to do that as well...

However, other things to consider would be the PF adjustment and also for kicks, try a different profile and see if the same problem persists.

Flame

I'd say contamination issues for some reason, but PF might be part of it. So for parts, anyone got a good suggestion on sources? CMYKparts only has a complete station, no tops? Ebay came up as a no go as well. No local dealer that I'm aware of.

Flame

Alright... 1 day in. Still flabbergasted. I've cleaned and cleaned, and it would appear I have got all the contamination out. but this banding is out of control. I can print a patch of C M Y K and they're "ok". Not great but honestly sellable. But green? Holy crap greens are just horrible. Hopefully these pics show what I'm talking about...

I tried the PF adjustment. Set at 500mm, took a ruler to it. Tested and no better. So I did test prints 1 through 6mm one way, and then 1 through 6mm the other way. None fixed it.

I'm currently scratching my head...

Attachments

• prob1.jpg
    prob1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 111
  • prob2.jpg
    prob2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 123
  • prob3.jpg
    prob3.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 116

heyskull

I can say for certain that even with 2-3 nozzles down in a specific area you will get prints like this.
Replace your maintenance station straight away.
I would not mess about with pf adjustment until the station is replaced, you can now see your pf is way out.
How old is the head, is the machine used a lot? These are all factors in issues like these.
If the nozzles have been blocked a while, no matter what you do it will not recover them.

SC

Compilla

I would suggest replacing the MSA ASAP before the nozzles are beyond recovery. Start saving for a new head too.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you have never changed the maintenance station, I would recommend replacing the whole thing. It's too important of a part to let go bad. I have both just the cap top and whole maintenance station on my site: Solventinkjet.com