• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Can anyone tell me what type of bracket this is?

M&HSignsMaine

I'm sure someone on here can help identify the name of this (very rusted) bracket. We've seen it several times but we don't know what it's called or where to get it. A couple of these are used at the top of a wooden sign with the bolt going through the sign. An anchor shackle was then used to connect the sign to a chain. What looks like two nails is the rusted out bolt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2548.jpg
    IMG_2548.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 384

Kottwitz-Graphics

That appears to be a home made Sooper U Bracket. They are usually white powder coated steel, aluminium, or stainless steel.

You should be able to get them from any sign supply. I get mine through Harbor sales.

M&HSignsMaine

Hmmm, we use Sooper U Brackets but this is something else. We always use the Sooper brackets when mounting a sign from the side, whereas this bracket is designed to hang the sign from the top. I'll check with a few vendors and see if any one knows for sure. Thanks for the help!

Marlene

It's a sign hanger bracket and it looks like they stretched it to fit over a much thicker sign as I don't think they come that size.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
While Marlene pretty much hit it on the proverbial nailhead 100%..... it looks more like the right side from a set of spurs from Hopalong Cassidy to use on Topper to get more speed out of him.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ah-haaa................. but he was known as Windy Halliday with Hopalong. Not until he went with Roy Rogers and Gene Autry did he get the nickname Gabby. Trivial Pursuit at it's finest. :confused: