• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can i reuse this panel?

signguy35

my local school wants me to redo the panel that is on the scorers table in the gym. i went and looked at it last week and it is a clear panel with translucent red reverse cut on the back and then painted with a white translucent paint. Can i remove the red vinyl and put white translucent vinyl on the front of the panel then put translucent vinyl on top of that? will the place where the red show through more where the white paint is? panel is 12x2. they want to redo it but im sure they do not want to get a new panel. Thanks for the help.

J Hill Designs

a) you'd have to strip the white paint before removing the red vinyl, correct?

b)99% of the time, it is cheaper labor-wise to get a new panel

heres an idea: give them a price for a new panel, ready to use...and a price for THEM bringing in the old panel completely stripped and ready for new graphics.

I assure you, if they go for option B, you will get a call before they are 1/2 hour into it saying "we'll take the new panel"

sfr table hockey

my local school wants me to redo the panel that is on the scorers table in the gym. i went and looked at it last week and it is a clear panel with translucent red reverse cut on the back and then painted with a white translucent paint. Can i remove the red vinyl and put white translucent vinyl on the front of the panel then put translucent vinyl on top of that? will the place where the red show through more where the white paint is? panel is 12x2. they want to redo it but im sure they do not want to get a new panel. Thanks for the help.

I would think that that area where there is no white paint would show as a hot spot when covered with translucent white on the front. Can you find similar white paint to cover the area where the red was? Then with the added translucent on the front it may hide that area more but the added layer on the front will make it a lot darker as you will have less light showing through.

It would look better to replace the panel as suggested and quicker.

Marlene

heres an idea: give them a price for a new panel, ready to use...and a price for THEM bringing in the old panel completely stripped and ready for new graphics.

I assure you, if they go for option B, you will get a call before they are 1/2 hour into it saying "we'll take the new panel"

agree

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.

This.

Billct2

)
you'd have to strip the white paint before removing the red vinyl, correct?

yep