• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can't figure this one out.

gROUND cHUCK

Anyone know this font?

If I find the " R or G ", I'm sure I'll find the font.
I just can't find them..................

Attachments

• 100_0224.JPG
    100_0224.JPG
    278.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 100_0229.JPG
    100_0229.JPG
    336.5 KB · Views: 150

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I just looked through my archives and found no match. The most unusual earmark of the font is the diagonal stroke of the "N" being raised from the baseline. This is a feature of Benguiat and Korinna ... but not much else.

gROUND cHUCK

Thanks for looking,:thumb: I still haven't found it though.

If anyone else has a suggestion, I'd be glad to here them.

gROUND cHUCK

I'm still looking, I can only find type w/ the similarities of the " N ".
Korinna and Pegasus are close, but not close enough.
The customer is being stubborn and wants it to be exact.

Similarities of the " R " and " G " are what I need to find.

Any more help would be very much appreaciated....

Thanks,
Chuck

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you can post a direct scan from a printed image rather than a photograph, then I can run an automated comparison against my FontExpert database. Other than that, I think the client is being unreasonable to insist on a font which he does not know the name of nor anything else about it.

iSign

the client is not being unreasonable...

...as long as he is paying $75 an hour for your time!

slappy

Tell him there are over 1,000,000 different fonts to choose from (maybe even more then that). Looking for the font he orginally had is like looking for a needle in a hay barn which has stacks of hay up to the ceiling. I definitly would charge a "exact font find" for this or make something up similiar to that and charge him for your time on this. You probably have 6 hours into searching for this font. If he could supply you with the name of it, it would be a different story, but he didn't and your losing time that you could be working on something else.
I really hope it's just not one sign your making...it better be the whole hospital or something worth the trouble and stress your going through.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
A widely accepted number is that there are somewhere between 5,000 and 10,000 unique typefaces. Everything else is renamed clones and foundries copying the designs of other foundries.

gROUND cHUCK

I'm starting to think that it's one of those free/shareware fonts.

It's for a Dr.'s office that is already paying up the yang for 7 tiny signs.

I'm going to search for it over the weekend.
If I don't find it by then then he's going to get what he gets.

As for my scanner, Wilma knocked it out of commission.
If I find a way to scan it, I'll get back to you.

thanks again, everyone, for your replies.........chuck

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Are the signs engraved or vinyl? If engraved, it could be an engraving font, which I think use very specific fonts or when using common ttf/ps fonts, the serifs for instance become distorted and change the look of the original font. I'm not familiar with engraving equipment, but I thought that these sometimes use unique fonts.