• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Car Rental Logo

aandrews19

A logo I recently finished up for a car rental business in Las Vegas.

Red-Rock.jpg

rjssigns

Clean overall but the shadow has too much offset. Makes for an odd visual but then I'm old and wear glasses.
To get more visual "push" stroke the letters(think pinstripe thin) with a carmine red then tighten the offset on the drop shadow.

Taught class last night so I'm still in instructor mode.;)

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Clean overall but the shadow has too much offset. Makes for an odd visual but then I'm old and wear glasses.
To get more visual "push" stroke the letters(think pinstripe thin) with a carmine red then tighten the offset on the drop shadow.

Taught class last night so I'm still in instructor mode.;)
I ALMOST know what you are saying. 3 years ago I would have said, UHH WHAT

Precision

I hope your customer likes it and you get paid for all the hours you have invested.

We prefer to have our customers provide their logo. Most only have .png or .jpgs. When that happens we offer to convert their logo to a vector for $49 - $95 depending on the complicity of the logo. We then provide them with an .ai, .pdf and an .eps file for their use. I send the picture to great service who does digitizing and logo vectorization, who sends me the vector file the following morning.

Sometimes we'll send them to a website who made our logo. Www.logomyway.com. For $200 (any amount you'd like to offer really) we saw probably 70 different designs, from as many people. It was fast and easy. You also get to pick who gets paid and edit with them if you'd like. Good service.

We had to decide if we were going to do signs and wraps or spend countless edits with a client's logo. We chose signs and wraps. That's must faster and much easier, at least sometimes, I think, lol.

I truly respect the quality of your piece. Looks great. Keep putting it out there. I'd be happy to send my logo inquiries your way.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Overall nice.
If I was being hyper-critical (and how could I not be here on 101) there is something about the shape that is off to me. Maybe too complicated. Try setting it against a solid dark & light background without the gradient to see how it will read from a distance.
Could be the different sized corner radiuses throwing off a focus point. I'm not a designer but that's what I see.

1651850235216.png

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Overall nice.
If I was being hyper-critical (and how could I not be here on 101) there is something about the shape that is off to me. Maybe too complicated. Try setting it against a solid dark & light background without the gradient to see how it will read from a distance.
Could be the different sized corner radiuses throwing off a focus point. I'm not a designer but that's what I see.

View attachment 159356
Nice detail detective work!

Stacey K

I like making signs
I hope your customer likes it and you get paid for all the hours you have invested.

We prefer to have our customers provide their logo. Most only have .png or .jpgs. When that happens we offer to convert their logo to a vector for $49 - $95 depending on the complicity of the logo. We then provide them with an .ai, .pdf and an .eps file for their use. I send the picture to great service who does digitizing and logo vectorization, who sends me the vector file the following morning.

Sometimes we'll send them to a website who made our logo. Www.logomyway.com. For $200 (any amount you'd like to offer really) we saw probably 70 different designs, from as many people. It was fast and easy. You also get to pick who gets paid and edit with them if you'd like. Good service.

We had to decide if we were going to do signs and wraps or spend countless edits with a client's logo. We chose signs and wraps. That's must faster and much easier, at least sometimes, I think, lol.

I truly respect the quality of your piece. Looks great. Keep putting it out there. I'd be happy to send my logo inquiries your way.
That's a really great idea to not do logos if you don't need to. Especially for a one person shop, that computer time really takes away from the labor time. I think I might check that out especially for some of the small businesses. I do the same thing you do with the customer supplied logos, otherwise they are calling every other month for the art file. This way, they pay one fee and it's done once...mostly lol

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I know it's not a contest but this is wa-a-a-ay easier to read and recognisable in a glance.

aandrews19

and it ditched the clip art.
It HAAAAAD to have the Tesla in it
Coming from a guy who put his kid on a billboard that said 'rent me', I can attest to people being as dumb as possible at every turn...
This is hilarious!

I know it’s not perfect, but I had to draw the line somewhere with the amount of effort I put in compared to what the job was paying. I appreciate the feedback. I have it stored away in my head for the next one! Thanks guys