• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Challenges and being grateful

Lux

Why would you presume that ?? Was it in writing on yout contract ??
Not my contract. That is why I used the words "the people" and "them" to refer to people owed money. I did not presume. I was asking.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not my contract. That is why I used the words "the people" and "them" to refer to people owed money. I did not presume. I was asking.

I don't really give a rat's behind what you backpedaled it to mean, but that is not how you worded it. Maybe go back and reread what you originally wrote.

JBurton

Signtologist
Maybe go back and reread what you originally wrote.
I ono man, you may have been pregaming a little too early... I saw 2 question marks in there. Sorry for your loss, but did you get in on the contract to remove grease from the street light poles?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What's this business with question marks all of a sudden ?? Same thing happened in another thread.... not with me.

Even with the question marks, it still sounds sarcastic and almost demanding an answer, but not in a polite way. Kinda like tongue-in-cheek. However, I'll give this poster the benefit of the doubt, which doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Lux

What's this business with question marks all of a sudden ?? Same thing happened in another thread.... not with me.

Even with the question marks, it still sounds sarcastic and almost demanding an answer, but not in a polite way. Kinda like tongue-in-cheek. However, I'll give this poster the benefit of the doubt, which doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

JBurton

Signtologist
Initially I was going to hit you with the merriam webtron definition of them, but now you got me wondering. You're saying you couldn't see the question marks, right? That's a touch concerning, double check everything is up to date, last thing anybody needs is some malware altering the content on webpages, though it's never as innocuous as removing question marks or the like.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Initially I was going to hit you with the merriam webtron definition of them, but now you got me wondering. You're saying you couldn't see the question marks, right? That's a touch concerning, double check everything is up to date, last thing anybody needs is some malware altering the content on webpages, though it's never as innocuous as removing question marks or the like.
Did your superbowl drinking carry over to monday morning?

Lux

For sure sarcastic with a touch of annoyance because like most people I have been in the position of having larger businesses owe money and not paying. Then they start with wacko excuses and ultimately stop replying, meanwhile they continue to do the same thing to others. If you are lucky enough to get paid a year later you wish you were getting interest on the money you were owed. At least on this forum people have complained about the OP enough that others here were warned to be careful. Thanks for the small pile of beans. The check is in the mail.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
HUH ??

Lux

Lux, welcome to S101, Gino likes to initiate the new members, you did the right thing by not engaging in the back and fourth. Once you walk over the hill of beans you should be OK.
I was hoping for a plate of cookies and a six pack, but I have been lurking in the background for awhile and never properly introduced myself. Hello World.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For sure sarcastic with a touch of annoyance because like most people I have been in the position of having larger businesses owe money and not paying. Then they start with wacko excuses and ultimately stop replying, meanwhile they continue to do the same thing to others. If you are lucky enough to get paid a year later you wish you were getting interest on the money you were owed. At least on this forum people have complained about the OP enough that others here were warned to be careful. Thanks for the small pile of beans. The check is in the mail.

That's kinda what I figured and this is why I answered the way I did.

I don't remember ever getting stiffed by a third party, but I have been by regular customers in my early years. I learned early on to make my contracts iron-clad. I spell all the facts out along with my terms. I don't care what their pay cycle is, accounting periods or whatever. Most of them get paid upfront. If they don't like it, they'll usually go to a company willing to finance them. F*ck that shit herby. A third party will pay us up front or by credit card immediately following the work 2 or 3 times, before we start billing, but even then, they still have certain terms to abide by.

• Agree
Reactions: Lux

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
It always seems that when you do get burned, it's by some random person with some little job that was a major PITA (the job and the customer). It's never something cheap and easy or some nice person to where you can let it roll off without raising your blood pressure.

JBurton

Signtologist
Did your superbowl drinking carry over to monday morning?
Huh?
Naw, see, gino didn't know what question marks where (in ginos words, "What's this business with question marks all of a sudden ??"), so I was going to define them for him.
Then I started wondering, is he saying he isn't seeing the question marks... could be a virus, could be he was drinking too early for the pregame, could be his aging eyes, hell if I know. Only thing I can help him with is updating his software to avoid any vulnerabilities...
At any rate, I was rooting for the chiefs, and I got sick with the way they ran the clock out. Also that halftime show was a goddang osha nightmare.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's way more strategy today, then it was even 10 years ago, let alone 55 years ago when I played in high school. What was with that skating rink ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I know. My employees use the same strategy

Yeah..... ever notice, they get there like with one minute to spare, then they take 15 minutes to put their sh!t away. Oh yeah, let me go outside and finish off this butt. When they leave, they start putting things away and getting their stuff ready, so they can zip right out the door...... oh and they aren't putting shop things away, oh no...... they're putting their stuff away to take home or whatever. Had a guy, was a very good worker, but instead of a 15 minute break mid morning and mid afternoon, he just wanted 3 - 5 minute cigarette breaks am and then again pm. I finally said, bob, this ain't working. Wha.... ?? Til you put your brushes away, go get your smokes outta your coat pocket, go outside, light up, take a few drags on that thing, snuff it out and come back and get started all over again, you have more than 10 minutes in each break. So, should I take only 2 breaks in the morning and afternoon ?? Nope, just smoke at lunch like a chimney and take one 15 minute break and smoke 2 in that 15 minutes. Problem is, others would see this and feel they weren't being treated fairly. He was always finding excuses to step outside and get something outta a truck or go somewhere. Bob, just stopped in here about 3 weeks ago. He's 78 and still smoking, although after 2 heart attacks and lotsa other health issues, he still continues to smoke.