• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Challenges and being grateful

Stacey K

I like making signs
I think Seal was drunk or Siri was drunk...here's my best guess...

I own South Water signs and have paid every vender that we have worked with. For two years, a domestic company in Cook County IL, fell for the lies of my ex-wife along with her attorney. "Kevin" was able to create this imposter company as if it was a thriving company to cause damage to me and make the ex happy. This is my problem. I never should have married that stupid B*t#%. Vendors and clients and my employees endured too much. It's over now and everyone is being paid even though I am penniless. Once you are paid, please remove all the hate posts. It was caused by miscreants (ie: a person who behaves badly or breaks the law - it's a real word) . I am here to apologize and to promise to pay everyone.

Zac

Mediocre Designer
He said something about a rat lair. You guys think this is one of those Dungeons and Dragons cults?!

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I've had guys at the end of the day walk out back to their cars, drive around to the side door of the shop and then go inside to clock out. I guess they never learned what rounding down is?

JBurton

Signtologist
I've had guys at the end of the day walk out back to their cars, drive around to the side door of the shop and then go inside to clock out. I guess they never learned what rounding down is?
Better than the group sitting and staring at the time clock, all holding pencils to claim that they are filling out their cards still... Here's a video as an example. I know what you're thinking, it's a picture, but nope, they are all waiting for someone to come through the door and catch them waiting.

punchtheclock.gif

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Better than the group sitting and staring at the time clock, all holding pencils to claim that they are filling out their cards still... Here's a video as an example. I know what you're thinking, it's a picture, but nope, they are all waiting for someone to come through the door and catch them waiting.

View attachment 163965
Creepy!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yeah..... ever notice, they get there like with one minute to spare, then they take 15 minutes to put their sh!t away. Oh yeah, let me go outside and finish off this butt. When they leave, they start putting things away and getting their stuff ready, so they can zip right out the door...... oh and they aren't putting shop things away, oh no...... they're putting their stuff away to take home or whatever. Had a guy, was a very good worker, but instead of a 15 minute break mid morning and mid afternoon, he just wanted 3 - 5 minute cigarette breaks am and then again pm. I finally said, bob, this ain't working. Wha.... ?? Til you put your brushes away, go get your smokes outta your coat pocket, go outside, light up, take a few drags on that thing, snuff it out and come back and get started all over again, you have more than 10 minutes in each break. So, should I take only 2 breaks in the morning and afternoon ?? Nope, just smoke at lunch like a chimney and take one 15 minute break and smoke 2 in that 15 minutes. Problem is, others would see this and feel they weren't being treated fairly. He was always finding excuses to step outside and get something outta a truck or go somewhere. Bob, just stopped in here about 3 weeks ago. He's 78 and still smoking, although after 2 heart attacks and lotsa other health issues, he still continues to smoke.
I had employees that would come in right on time, but take forever to settle down and once they did.... go take a shit for 20 minutes. No, you don't rush around and get here just to take a shit. Do you come here and brush your teeth and take a shower?? No, that's part of getting ready BEFORE work... that's why they call it shit, shower and shave... in that order!

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I had employees that would come in right on time, but take forever to settle down and once they did.... go take a shit for 20 minutes. No, you don't rush around and get here just to take a shit. Do you come here and brush your teeth and take a shower?? No, that's part of getting ready BEFORE work... that's why they call it shit, shower and shave... in that order!
You Texans aren't very efficient. Down here, we do all that at the same time. The wife complains but she doesn't have to pay the bills either.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't matter, same difference. Besides, I was relating to johnny best's post.