• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Christmas Week Phone Calls

Mosh

I keep getting calls for a "Tara". All week it has been going on. I tell them there is no Tara here and the always reply "We'll try back later". I have asked for a supervisor several times and always got hung up on. I am thinking about telling them that I am Tara, just to see what the deal is.

:popcorn:

joeshaul

I suggest playing the creepy kidnapper "She's tied up in the basement right now, hang on a moment and I'll ungag her".

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The one i used once to great effect was ...

No she just left to go for a ride with Bob in his new sports car.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We get calls for another business in our area on one of our secondary lines and its almost 100% of the time for this same business which is a 'Used Car lot. I got so fed up with it that I now answer with the car lot's name and when they ask a question.... I say, Oh, I'm sorry, they closed their doors and are now out of business. So if the numskull on the other end who can't dial correctly says, but I wanna make a payment or something similar about deposits... I say, that's Okay. They're gone and you don't have to make any more payments. I get a... Wha---t ?? Yeah, they're outa business and you can keep the car and throw away your payment book.

I get all kinds of appreciative comments back and it just makes me feel good that I can brighten up someone's day like that. :clapping:

Heck, I'm just redistributing the wealth, too..... for some poor soles out there. :rolleyes:

B Snyder

Gino's story just reminded me of when I first started my business I was given a number that was similar to the number of the local taxi company. I got calls from people looking for a cab all the time. Most of the time I told them I'd send a car right over. :)

Tim Aucoin

We get calls for another business in our area on one of our secondary lines and its almost 100% of the time for this same business which is a 'Used Car lot. I got so fed up with it that I now answer with the car lot's name and when they ask a question.... I say, Oh, I'm sorry, they closed their doors and are now out of business. So if the numskull on the other end who can't dial correctly says, but I wanna make a payment or something similar about deposits... I say, that's Okay. They're gone and you don't have to make any more payments. I get a... Wha---t ?? Yeah, they're outa business and you can keep the car and throw away your payment book.

I get all kinds of appreciative comments back and it just makes me feel good that I can brighten up someone's day like that. :clapping:

Heck, I'm just redistributing the wealth, too..... for some poor soles out there. :rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That's so Gino! I love it!!!

Not sure what they will do without the title...

Si Allen

I went a li further than that!

A new classy restaurant opened and it was on the dividing line with the next town... plus it was a different area code. Everything besides the front was in one town, but everyone assumed it was in the other town. WE had the same phone number, but different area codes.
Lots of publicity before the opening date.

Opening day...I started getting calls for dinner reservations. First few calls, I explained the different area codes. More calls, and I got irritated. More calls and now I'm mad!

I cxalled the restaurant and spoke to the manager..he got on his high horse and said there was nothing he could/would do about it. I told him ...in that case I would!
After that:
"Hello? _______Restaurant? I would like to make dinner reservations for this even in for six of us!"
"
"Party of six? How about 7:30?

"Party of eight? How about 7:30?

"Party of four? How about 7:30?

"Party of twelve? How about 7:30?

Ansd so on for both Friday nite AND Saturday nite!

Monday no more caalls for ________ Restaurant!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lance

What's the bet in a few days ya get a call from Tara.......

"Hello, I'm Tara, have there been any messages for me ?"

gabagoo

After getting those calls all week you know you will get a call Fridayt and it will go something like this.... "Hi this is Tara...are there any messages for me?

:cool1: