• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

chromed usmc logo

signgirl71

Anyone know where I could find (even purchase) the chromed versions of the Marines logo. Everything I came accross so far on the internet is too low of resolution. I don't feel like "chroming out" the vector art I have as of yet if I could get it already done.
Thanks in advance =)

iSign

why not post it? This thread will come up in searches, so giving back is what makes this place a good place to ask this kind of question...

Malkin

I had no idea what you meant actually. Did you mean something like 3d layer effects in photoshop?

signgirl71

Well, it actually doesn't look like the one I was looking for. But after speaking with the marine, he said he would be happy with just a chrome and gold look. I did a quickie and he loved it so I'm not too worried about it. I spent more time looking for a high res of the actual logo and it only took me minutes to just do it myself. It's not the greatest but atleast he's happy with it. Off to my printer it goes. =)

Attachments

• usmcchrome.jpg
    usmcchrome.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 72

signgirl71

Yeah, that's actually the one I used to make it. Anyways, this is the one I was looking for. It was okay for small stuff like business cards, but no good for the side of his boat.

Attachments

• usmclogo.jpg
    usmclogo.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 61

signgirl71

Are you talking about the letters I did sucking? The customer likes it - that's all that matters to me. Different strokes for different folks I guess. =)

CES020

FYI, the letters on the USMC logo here, uhhh suck

Yes, I agree, it looks like someone let "Auto Trace" go to work on them.

Signgirl, I think he was referring to the letters on the one I posted that's hosted by the government. It looks like the letters were traced to create it instead of using fonts. I don't think he was referring to your lettering.

signgirl71

Ahhhh - no harm no foul. I had no problem finding plenty of vectored logos for USMC. It was the chromed beveled one I couldn't find. Funny how people have the art on their' business cards, are part of the USMC, but no one knows who to contact to get the original art or ask permission. As usual =)