• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cleanin out the ol' font folder.

Joe Diaz

Well, I just got a few new fonts... got them all installed... opened up Corel... then started to search through my ever-growing list of installed fonts for the new ones and realized: I've got a bunch of crappy fonts that I have never once used, and probably never will. So I just got through deleting 180 fonts and I feel like a new man.... refreshed and lighter... like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. :ROFLMAO:

I can't recall how I accumulated so many terrible fonts over the years, and why I didn't just delete them the moment I knew I would never use them, but I'm just glad they are gone now. I suppose If I were smart I would utilize some font organizing software like my old trusty FontNav.... but for what ever reason I don't.

SignManiac

Joe that's one of those necessary jobs that I keep putting off. I know it needs to be done, maybe I'll tackle it tomorrow because I don't like to procrastinate!

ddubia

That's a good idea Joe. I also wade through a ton of crap fonts I know I'll never use on a sign. Seems almost every time I see them I think about doing what you just did. But as much as I don't like to procrastinate either I still haven't done it.

Maybe tomorrow. Or the next day. Or...

Jillbeans

The worst was going thru my fonts in GA on my WIN98SE computer.
You had to look up the file# in the view font window, write it down, then go into the GA folder to delete it. I was so mad at myself for going all font happy when I first got a sign system.
I am more careful these days.
Love....Jill