• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coca Cola red

MatthewTimothy

I really doubt there is one that exists. I believe Coca Cola has trademarked that color and if it were any where near their red I am pretty sure they would say something.

:popcorn:

Marlene

are you making a Coke logo or just some red to go along with a Coke logo? if it is for Coke, they can provide all the info you need to make stuff for them.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Back in the day, did a LOT of work for both Pepsi and Coke (but never concurrently).

Pepsi red = Tomato Red.

Coke red = Cardinal Red.

SlightlyChilled

Thank you that's what I was looking for. This guy has a old pop cooler from coke and it has little grooves for a sign so He was looking to get some Plexiglas and cover it in red then have his logo in white. This way there is no damage to the pop box.

oldgoatroper

there are companies like TD Bank that have a vinyl made to there spec's and buying it is nearly impossible.

True.

But the colour itself is not protected and can be used by anyone who wants to use it.

If one could trademark colours, then there would be no colour on Earth left in the public domain.

mopar691

Petty Blue was just what they called the B3 mopar color when it was on a petty car. I believe the code is CMYK 84, 43, 17, 1 or 77, 1, 11, 0 by some peoples standards.

oldgoatroper

Ever tried to buy Petty Blue?

Nobody in the world has exclusive use of any particular colour.

Now, if someone manufactures a certain colour and is picky about who they sell it to, well, that is their business. But the colour itself is not off-limits to anyone else.

Do you understand the difference?

SignManiac

I own Skywatch Blue. No one in the world has it because it is a closely guarded secret and I've never shown it to anyone :)

mopar691

The Basin Street Blue is the common color for B3. Not saying this is the true color by any means just what most use in this situation. There is alot of confusion and the actual color code.

I have done a few cars in this color including a 78 petty kit car. Was going to do my current Volare the same scheme but went with a yellow/flat black as a bit more traditional for a street/strip beast.