• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

colored sign vinyl converted to rolls of tape/stripe.. need a source!

Jumpshoutmedia

As title suggests..

My customer orders large quantities of cut vinyl graphics from me in a few specific colors that they use to install onto equipment that they sell to end users. (They're a manufacturer).

They approached me with a request for rolls of the same colors of vinyl, that they need to use as striping to install along with the graphics I'm already making for them.

The striping rolls have to be made from the identical type and colors of vinyl, and the rolls of stripe have to come with the transfer tape already applied, so they can just cut a length of stripe off of the roll, peel the backing off, apply it to their equipment (like a normal decal), then peel off the transfer tape.

The tape would be 3" wide rolls.

The company they have been ordering it from calls themselves a "converting" company, and they have equipment that allows them to take a full 24" roll of the same vinyl I use for their graphics, and they run it through equipment to apply transfer tape to the entire roll, then they use another machine (I think it's called a slitter) to cut the 24" roll down to 8 rolls of 3" wide (by 50yd long), pre-masked, vinyl tape.

Can anyone here refer me to someone who does this sort of converting?

Thank you!
JSM

MikePro

You're in milwaukee? Talk to Specialty Tapes. They slice down our 48" rolls of acrylic bonding tape into various sizes, even down to 1/4".
I'm sure they can handle rolls of vinyl laminated with premask, no problem.

Jumpshoutmedia

I have worked with them in the past, and they're great.. I had just hoped to get some pricing from an alternate vendor. There's got to be other companies just like them around the country! :) Any other suggestions?