• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Computer can't find printer

Rojo

This morning I turn on the Mimaki JVC130, it reads the media and is ready. I turn on the computer running Rasterlink 4 and it cannot find the printer attached to the USB port. Anyone experience this and know the fix. Last night when I shut down the computer it did an automatic update. I wondering if this caused the problem.

OldPaint

make sure the front of the computer..........is facing the printer, so it CAN SEE THE PRINTER!!!!!
sorry the devil made me do this...............

Rojo

OP - Introduced them up close and personal, printer says here I am, computer says I can't see you.

Tried booting computer first and checked firewall. Still no go.

This is the message CJV : USB2 : Can't open port(W). < No printers were found (3012) > - (0x02080601)

I wonder if I should reinstall Rasterlink4.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Any time a USB device is not recognized, remove it from the USB plug, wait a few seconds and plug it back in. USB is plug and play.

signage

Any time a USB device is not recognized, remove it from the USB plug, wait a few seconds and plug it back in. USB is plug and play.
Yes they are plug-n-play with windows but not with RIPs! So what may have happened is the device is shown as a different USB port/address!

Rojo

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Still no luck. Tomorrow I guess I'll try tech support. Was hoping for a solution that didn't require a long time on the phone.

sha

I had similar situation on CJV30-160 , it was the main board failure caused by thunder. CJV main PCB is very sensitive I have changed a few just last month. ( I am Mimaki technician) Try to connect printer to another computer to see if windows will recognize USB device. It is not problem with RasterLink.

Rojo

Update. It was the computer automatic update that caused the problem. The Rasterlink divers were overun by the software update. Reinstalled the drivers and solved the problem.

Brands Imaging

I'm sorry to dig this thread up again...(although its not too old) I run an all XP Shop and was having alot of problems with a much older RIP PC, so I canned it today and moved an almost brand new XP PC over in its spot, re installed mimaki, flexi and everything else...completed a cutting job (not my mimaki) then plugged my UBB 2.0 in for my JV33 and it states USB Not Recognized.

Now...the situation here is that almost every USB port in my old PC (That i just canned) was giving me the same messages, from my mimaki usb and also on a flash drive...so i thought for sure that it was on its way out...no big deal....so i figured that the new PC would solve all this problem and when i plugged the mimki in evcerything was ok for a few min and then I got the same message...I got sick on myself...

so what now? should i first try a new USB cord for my mimaki? is there a bod board in my printer now?? the flash drive works now with no problems but the printer is in and out...

please help

WB

is it a USB or firewire? I know my JV3's are firewire. had that happen once and It ended up being a bad firewire card in the printer

tcorn1965

Rojo,
First unplug the printer from PC. Next go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/System/Device Manager...Scroll down to USB, highlight and delete everything in there. Restart computer and let fully boot up (you will see a few prompts...found new hardware...that will be your on board card reader, etc...just yes through it if it doesn't do it without your intervention). After completely booted up, plug in your printer and your computer will find it and try to install the drivers, if windows cannot find the drivers then put in the Mimaki disk and browse to the driver folder (now keep in mind if your new computer is 64 bit and the disk only has drivers for 32 bit, the disk is no good and you will have to contact Mimaki for 64 bit, if even available). This will not be your software because your software recognizes what printers are installed on your PC and goes from there, if not installed correctly the software is moot, because it looks at your system for printers installed wither it is local or over a network, via the IP. If that does not work for you fell free to call me tomorrow, 563.529.6167 I will be more than happy to walk you through this, this is a pretty easy fix.

Terry

heyskull

That was easy...
I lost our printer on the network for 3 days!!!!!
Then it just reappeared!
I hate computers................

SC

Brands Imaging

ummm, yeah. i'm a complete idiot AND i also hate computers.
that didnt fix the problem. "usb not recognized" again. i'm beginning to think that a have a bad communications board in my printer.

advantage said thats very unlikely to happen - but this is the 2nd computer i have tried

bmw_ante

You probably have a faulty board in the printer,

I dont know much obout this printer but i know pretty much about computers,

If you have tried it at 2 different computers the problem is in the printer