• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Constitutional Carry in TX

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
It's going to the governors desk to be signed into law. Any Texan that is not prohibited to own a firearm will be allowed to carry without licenses or classes or extra background checks. Several other states have the same. All I got to say is, it's about time.

Andy D

It's going to the governors desk to be signed into law. Any Texan that is not prohibited to own a firearm will be allowed to carry without licenses or classes or extra background checks. Several other states have the same. All I got to say is, it's about time.
Concealed carry, right? That's what we have in Mississippi.

signage

I thought open carry was allowed everywhere, just not worth the hassle by the coppers! Tex are you talking open or concealed?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How's that gonna work if you're wearing a mask and carrying a gun ??

The real problem is if someone NOT from Texas or the other states with this ruling, will they be allowed to open or conceal carry ?? Texas won't know about outsiders.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The real problem is if someone NOT from Texas or the other states with this ruling, will they be allowed to open or conceal carry ?? Texas won't know about outsiders.

My mother's husband is always complaining about this. They live in New Hampshire where gun laws are fairly open but the bordering states all have restrictions. He could conceal carry legally and then take a step across the border and be breaking the law.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, it's like that down here, too. You cannot walk across the border with a revolver or pistol. I'm not sure about a long gun. I can take it across the border, in a vehicle, but it must be empty and in the trunk or someplace not easily accessed. The ammo or speed rounds must be somewhere else in the vehicle. So, if I'm driving into jersey and someone holds me up, I cannot say to the 'would-be' robber...... Please wait sir, while I load my revolver in my trunk so to shoot your drug addicted a$$.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Good question. If they restrict who can carry to only Texas residents, wouldn't that undermine their whole argument for this rule change?

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
ok, but how do you know who is and who is not prohibited from owning? like do you guys have to wear patches? or get star tattoos on your bellies?
basically if you are caught with one and police run your license, if a felony conviction comes up, youre toast.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I thought open carry was allowed everywhere, just not worth the hassle by the coppers! Tex are you talking open or concealed?
You need to read up on gun laws if you think its allowed everywhere. Openly carrying in the wrong state will be a serious crime.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Yeah...that's cool. But you still don't have Constitutional (Rec.) cannabis.

Smokin' guns are one thing...but smokin' weed is another.

JB

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller

Smokin' guns are one thing...but smokin' weed is a

Smokin' guns are one thing...but smokin' weed is another.

JB
It's just a matter of time. The word on the streets is that they are waiting for Dan Patrick to leave office. There are a bunch of cbd stores waiting for the green light.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
As they pour across the southern border, that number is rising faster than any other numbers anyone is watching at the moment.