• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Constitutional Carry in TX

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The only problem to most of this thread is like the lock on your front door........ it only keeps the honest people out. All these permits, non permits, tests and whatever else ya need are for the honest people. The vast majority of the problems are from illegally gained firearms. Not the law abiding citizens.
I was just going to ask... Are criminals worried about getting CHLs? The people that don't use them lawfully are not worried about licenses... that's a hassle for the rest of us to deal with.

Just like drivers license... it's merely a suggestion now. I watched Live PD and most of those people don't drive with valid licenses.. and illegals don't need them either.

Andy D

Me! 12am, a block away from my office. 2 thugs tried to carjack me. If not for my gun, it would have been one hell of a fight in the cab of my jeep.
No one was shot and I prevented them from relieving me of my property. Now if they would have forced the issue further there would have been 2 guys springing leaks in the street.
And that never got recorded in any "Gun Violence" stat as a possible life saved.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
In the past I occasionally travelled to Ireland and lived there for a period. Ireland had a reputation (incorrectly applied by North American media, I must add) of being a country very familiar with gun violence. In conversations there, people were usually scared sh$%less at the thought of rural Canadians carrying a rifle in their truck during hunting season. Contrary to the impression given by the news, possessing a gun there was a huge no-no for the vast majority of the population. Same as pretty much all other non-third world nations. I wonder why the US went on a very different path?
The same reason why we have freedom of speech and religion (mostly).... we went a different way when we left England.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I was confronted with a .45 semi, not too long ago. Some guy ran me off the road from the wrong side of the road and I chased him to get his license number. About 3 blocks away, he pulled over, so I did, too. We got out and I asked him why he was driving so recklessly with a 2 year old in the back seat ?? He pulled his .45 and aimed at my groin and I was not prepared, cause I didn't see this coming at all. I talked him down and he took off. I got the number except for the last 2 digits, but the police said the description of the car and all the other details were not enough to catch him.

Andy D

England has freedom of speech and religion too, but without guns.
From what I understand, there are plenty of guns in England, just none of them belong to law-abiding citizens.
I hope things keep going great for England, but if the sh*t ever hits the fan, I will be glad my family, neighbors & I have guns... Because I can promise you, even in England
the criminals will still have their guns.

JWitkowski

This is a fascinating topic and one which I would enjoy exploring more deeply but that depth is probably best suited for a different forum.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Seems like this thread is drifting away from the original topic which was Texas allowing unpermitted carry of firearms and moving to the right to own a firearm in general. These 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

Andy D

This is a fascinating topic and one which I would enjoy exploring more deeply but that depth is probably best suited for a different forum.
Yea, we Yanks tend to get heated on both sides of the gun debate, but I'm glad that for the most part, everyone has been respectful in this thread.
Let's talk about beans being put on toast, WTF is up with that? :)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yea, we Yanks tend to get heated on both sides of the gun debate, but I'm glad that for the most part, everyone has been respectful in this thread.
Let's talk about beans being put on toast, WTF is up with that? :)

English beans are much more savory than our sugary American beans. It's pretty delicious actually. Although you can't beat a traditional American breakfast.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's nothing........... this is the one that gets me.

1623266221200.png

Andy D

I wonder why the US went on a very different path?
I have been thinking about this...
Just a guess but I think:
-Guns came about in Europe after it had been tamed, so the only ones that needed them were the military. Many American's had to protect themselves through a large part of our history, so maybe it might be ingrained?!?!
- After our bloody war for independence, there was a long lasting threat that another European country might step in and take over, so private ownship of guns was encouraged
through a large part of our history.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I have been thinking about this...
Just a guess but I think:
-Guns came about in Europe after it had been tamed, so the only ones that needed them were the military. Many American's had to protect themselves through a large part of our history, so maybe it might be ingrained?!?!
- After our bloody war for independence, there was a long lasting threat that another European country might step in and take over, so private ownship of guns was encouraged
through a large part of our history.
There is a history to it but money is the driver. It's an industry like everything else.