• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel vs Signlab

banjo22

I was considering upgrading my software I am using an old anagraph designart
and wanted to know what would be a better choice to do vinyl signs and decals, corel or signlab

Mosh

I have used both since...1993 or so. It all depends on what you are doing. Croel is a great design program, we digital print everything out of it. SignLab it an AWSOME vinyl cutting program,
we do all of our viny cutting out of it, even if it was designed in Corel.
Right now we use both Croel X13 and SignLab 9 becaue they both have thier good and bad. PM Me if you have detailed thoughts on what you are looking for.

CentralSigns

We use Corel for printed and Signlab for cut vinyl. Corel is way cheaper to buy, Signlab is like 10 times the price. Did you buy the printed Signlab as well Mosh?

Mosh

NO, I have vinyl pro I think...I have just been upgrading since V2. In fact last year I just went from having a serial port Dongle to a USB one. They thought that was crazy when I sent that old one in. Most of my work was digital (until last year) so vinyl cutting was not on the top of the list.

OldPaint

i been CUTTING DIRECTLY FROM COREL to roland plotters since 1993. i have played with signlab, it is one of the better "high dollar" sign programs. in all the years i been cutting vinyl, i have not had a job i couldnt cut dirrct from corel.

Dave Drane

I have been using SignLab since when it was called Cadlink. I went as far as version 5 which is where I am at now and have decided it will do me now until I retire. It has never let me down or caused any problems. I also use VMP (Vinyl Master Pro) in an earlier version and between them both I have all the stuff at my foingers that I need.
I am happy to reccomend either product. VMP is much cheaper and comes with thousands of fonts and the "effects" module is much better than SignLab.

Mosh

People like OP that have never used a REAL vinyl cutting program know no difference. I have used both for cutting and SignLab will cut circles around Corel and any plug in. AND I am a big Corel guy. It rules for design, but NOT for cutting. I still have FLOPPY DISKS for both corel and SignLab from back in the day. Yeah the 5" suckers!!!!

Border

I'm still running Signlab E6.1 with the serial dongle. Do most of my meat & potato vector designing with that still and then export if needed to accomplish something more. I have the full print/cut version that I upgraded to when I got my first Mutoh printer and the print engine sucked... bad

But I do love it for the cut vinyl side of things and vector editing. It rocks for that for sure. It's what I started on 13 or so years ago.

Techman

corel draw and cocut will cut circles right along with any other cutting software around.
That is a fact.
Not only will that combination work perfectly for just about any one here.. It will prevent a few of the errors that happen to most of us when cutting vinyl.
That is a fact as well.

Jackpine

Quote Techman; corel draw and cocut will cut circles right along with any other cutting software around.
That is a fact.
Signlab in my opinion excellent also. Look into both. H&H sells a version of Signlab for one cutter, $500.00.

d fleming

Been using signlab since it was casmate. Corel from ver 4.Current version of signlab is my favorite tool for design, print and cut. Even my cdr files and designs in ps get sent to signlab for printing. Excellent program. No hiccups, glitches, or problems at all. Very stable.