• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Covid Sick Time?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, why is it almost 95% of all the people I see anywhere, wearing a mask only barely cover their mouth ?? Their noses are hanging out and in some cases the mouth as the mask falls to their chin. Are they responsible ??

victor bogdanov

So, why is it almost 95% of all the people I see anywhere, wearing a mask only barely cover their mouth ?? Their noses are hanging out and in some cases the mouth as the mask falls to their chin. Are they responsible ??
this one I really don't understand, in TX the mask mandates are long gone but there are people that look like they are being forced to wear the mask so they wear it under their nose and chin. i want to go up to them and say it is ok you can take it off.

I hate it when restaurant workers constantly touch/ pull up their mask and then handle food etc. disgusting. Recently a fast food worker had her mask stained with food from contently pulling it up and prepping food, defeats the purpose of the gloves they wear

Gino

Premium Subscriber
C'mon man.............. everyone knows y'all don't have an endless supply of n95 masks. How 'bout this for all you science nuts. The n95 mask is to be worn one time and one time only. It is rather effective, but not completely. However after it's initial use, it's considered contaminated by the medical field and should not be worn again. How many of you use it once and done ?? They're only considered good, with a good face seal, which is impossible also after it's initial use. How many of you really do follow your science or just go through the motions and really don't give a rat's a$$ about your fellowman/woman ??

CanuckSigns

Because people are stupid, people have been stupid before covid, any they will continue to be stupid after covid, it's one of the guarantees in life, along with death and taxes.

RAMS

What is everyone doing for employees that are out with covid? I always figured around 3 sick days per year per employee but with this going on, I don't want anyone who has it to be obligated to come in and risk infecting others here. I also don't want them or myself to be put into a financial bind or to take advantage of extra paid leave.
Every body is afraid to get infected, we work wearing mask, keep you your defend system in good condition and you will be fine..

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Confusing situation to be sure. My son is going through tech school for the Army and they chased everyone off the base so they could shut down for a 2 week holiday. He flew about 30 hours to get here from Virginia. Another 30 hours to get back to training. Stuffed into full planes - passing through a half dozen crowded airports. Once he reported in they did 100% testing........for drugs.
Here at work, I don't have much of a covid issue, can't get anyone to show up to work long enough to pass along the infection.

victor bogdanov

So you listen to random **** stain on youtube in his basement over a medical professional? You get what you deserve. If you want the answers they are out there. You dont want the truth. You want to feel superior.

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 11.30.43 AM.png

victor bogdanov

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
C'mon man.............. everyone knows y'all don't have an endless supply of n95 masks. How 'bout this for all you science nuts. The n95 mask is to be worn one time and one time only. It is rather effective, but not completely. However after it's initial use, it's considered contaminated by the medical field and should not be worn again. How many of you use it once and done ?? They're only considered good, with a good face seal, which is impossible also after it's initial use. How many of you really do follow your science or just go through the motions and really don't give a rat's a$$ about your fellowman/woman ??
Yes but even at the hospitals now, you reuse your N95. It is not correct but it is still better than not using anything at all. I also agree with your earlier statement that it is here to stay and think that unfortunately, the time has passed to squash it. We have to learn to live around it which is why I asked the question to begin with. Any decent person should also care enough to avoid infecting others with this or with any other ailment for that matter. Being a douche and sticking your head in the sand only makes things worse which seems to be part of the reason that we are seeing what we see now. Even before all of this, if I had the flu, I would tell people to stay away from me. Nobody wants to get sick and those of us who care, don't want to get others sick as well.
It is a bit like workplace safety. Some of us do it because we don't want to see any of our employees get hurt but there are others who only do it because they don't want to get themselves in trouble.
For the record I am agreeing with you here.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Well my comment 3 pages later probably doesn't mean much, but we have 5 paid sick days, then everyone earns 2-3 weeks of pto per year.

That seems to be enough paid time off to keep people home if they are sick. It's worked for us.

We also really encouraged everyone to get their vaccine (not mandated) early. Just about everyone got the shot. This may have helped keep our workforce in play as well.

At the end of the day, people need paid time off. It really pays for itself. It will improve the quality of their work when they are there.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
No they're retards. Just like the people that sag their pants so you have to stare at their underwear. Maybe even dumber because the masks come with bands to keep them in place where a belt is an add on.

AGinVT

So you listen to random **** stain on youtube in his basement over a medical professional? You get what you deserve. If you want the answers they are out there. You dont want the truth. You want to feel superior.
Well my comment 3 pages later probably doesn't mean much, but we have 5 paid sick days, then everyone earns 2-3 weeks of pto per year.

That seems to be enough paid time off to keep people home if they are sick. It's worked for us.

We also really encouraged everyone to get their vaccine (not mandated) early. Just about everyone got the shot. This may have helped keep our workforce in play as well.

At the end of the day, people need paid time off. It really pays for itself. It will improve the quality of their work when they are there.
This is exactly how we have handled it. Most of my staff opted to get vaccinated. One holdout has worn a mask throughout. All staff has 2-4 weeks of PTO/sick days. If they go over, we do not pay them, but give them the opportunity for overtime to make it up. Two of my employees (a couple who live together) got Covid, but had used up their PTO. They were able to apply for and get unemployment for the week and a half they were out.

Everyone is back to wearing masks again and have been for a few month now. Numbers are about 5x what they were at the old peak. Trying to stay safe and hoping for better days soon.

AGinVT

not a lot of confidence in the vax huh? just make sure to get the boosters as soon as they tell you to
Not sure anyone who has any actual knowledge of the situation thinks the vaccines and boosters are a cure all. I guess my employees are just aware enough to know that vaccines and boosters might keep them off a ventilator.

And not sure why the hell anyone would be upset by people being vaccinated. It's not like we're putting non-believers in danger.

Last edited:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
not a lot of confidence in the vax huh? just make sure to get the boosters as soon as they tell you to
Dude. Viruses are mysterious, even to today's medical community. No one really knows what the outcome will be with something that begins as "novel" .
That said, I think anyone who feels like they have all the answers is fooling themselves, and every one they preach to. When something is unknown, the logical, responsible result is precaution. Take headed precaution, you're part of society. Ignore it, find sources that make you feel better about ignoring it... You're a selfish asshole. I don't like to be labeled, and I don't like to label people, but... It's getting easier. That sucks.

Last edited: