• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Covid Sick Time?

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
My boss is very nonchalant about reminding me that since i'm not vaccinated, he wont pay for my days if I get sick with Covid. It was super awkward when he was the one to get it over the holiday and new year.

Everyone complains about the divisiveness and then continue on with divisive comments. The problem isn't with people having differing opinions, the problem is that too many people put themselves on a pedestal and act as if they are the smartest thing walking the earth. You can't even have rational conversations with people anymore, I am right, you are dumb and wrong is usually how both parties walk away from it.
Social media has divided us.
This is a direct result of social media taking over everyone's lives, it's a blight on society and serves no real positive purpose. When you post your lunch on Instagram and get 100+ people liking it, it gives you the false impression that you are important, then you think people also care what you think, it's a vicious cycle.
and reinforces the mentality of everyone getting a trophy.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
There's been a lot of dumb **** posted in this website over the years, this might be the winner
I have a choice to make at this moment. The fact that you feel the need to call me "stupid" is in fact the point of what I posted earlier. My OPINION is based on years of teaching history and being on top of current events. Your assessment of my opinion is a reflection of YOU, not me.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
This is a direct result of social media taking over everyone's lives, it's a blight on society and serves no real positive purpose. When you post your lunch on Instagram and get 100+ people liking it, it gives you the false impression that you are important, then you think people also care what you think, it's a vicious cycle.
It serves the purpose of allowing the dumbs to out themselves on their own and save you from wasting your time with them.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I just like to sit back and watch people like Jake Tapper when he finally realizes the hospitalization and death numbers have been greatly exaggerated. I'm looking forward to watching Fauci today get grilled by Rand Paul.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I just like to sit back and watch people like Jake Tapper when he finally realizes the hospitalization and death numbers have been greatly exaggerated. I'm looking forward to watching Fauci today get grilled by Rand Paul.
They have flip flopped on all of their guidelines. The lies are piling on top of each other. Now it's come out that they were counting deaths based on "with covid" and "because of covid". Which greatly skewed the numbers. They said masks didn't work, then they said they did work and now they are back to saying they don't work.
Then there's the lovely AOC who wears a mask in New York but as soon as she gets to Florida she follows the "when in Rome" philosophy and then gets sick with covid. Except omicron is a mutation of covid and the common cold. that's why it's so contagious.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
and yet you still comment. do you not see the hypocrisy? If it truly isn't worth your time to comment, then you wouldn't comment at all.
I don't consider a work related sign forum social media like Facebook, despite all of the worthless content you interject into it and facebook behavior you bring. I haven't learned a single useful thing from you.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
In what world do you live in where you could make that comment to someone face to face and not experience the repercussions of anger or hatred? What is your intent on telling me that I am essentially worthless? Do you speak to your customers that way? How many would you have if you did? Your comments are reflections of you.

WildWestDesigns

I don't consider a work related sign forum social media like Facebook, despite all of the worthless content you interject into it and facebook behavior you bring. I haven't learned a single useful thing from you.
One definition that I saw for Social Media is "interactive technologies that facilitate the creation and sharing of information, ideas, interest, and other forms of expression through virtual communities and networks". Based on that definition, I would think that Signs101 would qualify. That's actually quite a broad definition as well.

Rather or not, you still consider it a part of that is another thing. And that is fine, one can believe whatever they want.

I do find it interesting that you tend to be quite big on ad hominem. You liked calling me out on word usage issues (homophone to be precise) and thus due to bad grammar I was wrong and how anyone could do business with me (who knows what you thought of Old Paint if he was still alive), which in of itself doesn't actually mean what I said was any less valid of a statement (or really how I handle grammar in a project from which I am getting paid for as well, after all, I wouldn't expect pulitzer material coming out of here, but that's just me), but possibly the easiest thing that you could attack and somehow attempt to discredit what someone else is saying. This was in a separate thread, if someone looks at this and wonders what I am talking about.

However, I see your "interactions" with Geneva here and seeing the same thing.

This is also how the divide has gotten so big here. People use emotion versus logic in their discussions. To the nth degree.

I find other irony in your statement as well, but why bother with my bad grammar)))))))))))).

I dont believe workers should get fired for being unvaxed, especially if you're in such a shortage you're allowing workers to come in with the actual disease.
A lot of this shortage is manufactured. There was a clamoring of staffing shortages and yet they still fired people that weren't vaxxed. I think in New York, one hospital had to shut down their maternity ward due to this (I don't know if it has since been reopened, but they were accepted nurses from other areas (aid workers etc) with dubious vaxxed status as well).

Wasn't the vaxxed mandate supposed to take affect last month and was delayed? If this is such a state of emergency, why delay it? The virus doesn't care about employees having to be there for the shopping season.

and reinforces the mentality of everyone getting a trophy.
Along this line of thought. I do believe out in Cali, they are trying to do away with D and F grades as well. I would imagine at that point, going thru K-12 will also be a participation award as well.

Last edited:

BigNate

What do you think would happen if you are walking and blowing the vape out through the mask and someone is following you the magical 6ft behind? they will walk right through your vape cloud you leave behind
victor bogdanov, I did not address what happens when you walk out of your personal cloud of exhale and someone else walks in.... If you think this is the discussion you are mistaken. Please see a reference earlier to someone using a canoe with a hole in it - do you really have to repair all the holes in the boat, or just reduce the size of the leaks enough to get to shore?

Yes, just as with the cloud of vape, someone can exhale a huge cloud, walk away, and someone else walks into the cloud and inhales getting fully exposed to everything the first person exhaled... HOWEVER, under most normal situations, limiting the actual size of the exhaled plume of aerosols will have a direct impact on how many other individuals will be physically impacted by said plume. (if we use explosives as an example, you can injure vastly more people using a well placed MOAB than you can with an equally well placed hand-grenade.... limit the size of the explosion/plume and you reduce the impact.)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Y'all are getting carried away with your nonsense. What I don't understand is all the back-pedaling and nonsense coming out every coupla days. You say it's science, but yet, you don't follow your own science. I see people with masks..... without masks and many more with other stuff that is hardly considered a mask. Ya wear the same mask over and over and they're only good for one use only. Can they be used again ?? Sure, but YOU ARE NOW NOT FOLLOWING THE SCIENCE. You are making it convenient for yourself. Do the virus nasties attach themselves to surfaces of any kind ?? If so, I was in the doctor's office just this morning and no one cleaned up after I left my chair. No one cleaned the surface I just touched at the counter. In fact, I hadda wait in line to get weighed in and the guy in front of me, put his jacket and paperwork on a table. The nurse took me over and didn't clean any surfaces. So, I threw my shit on the floor. She looked at me. I said, it looks as clean as the other sh!t.........

You see, it seems more about someone telling me what to do, while they themselves only follow 1/3 of the rules, but tell themselves they are elite.

Carry on and get lost in your silliness.....................

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Y'all are getting carried away with your nonsense. What I don't understand is all the back-pedaling and nonsense coming out every coupla days. You say it's science, but yet, you don't follow your own science. I see people with masks..... without masks and many more with other stuff that is hardly considered a mask. Ya wear the same mask over and over and they're only good for one use only. Can they be used again ?? Sure, but YOU ARE NOW NOT FOLLOWING THE SCIENCE. You are making it convenient for yourself. Do the virus nasties attach themselves to surfaces of any kind ?? If so, I was in the doctor's office just this morning and no one cleaned up after I left my chair. No one cleaned the surface I just touched at the counter. In fact, I hadda wait in line to get weighed in and the guy in front of me, put his jacket and paperwork on a table. The nurse took me over and didn't clean any surfaces. So, I threw my **** on the floor. She looked at me. I said, it looks as clean as the other sh!t.........

You see, it seems more about someone telling me what to do, while they themselves only follow 1/3 of the rules, but tell themselves they are elite.

THIS! RIGHT HERE.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If so, I was in the doctor's office just this morning and no one cleaned up after I left my chair. No one cleaned the surface I just touched at the counter. In fact, I hadda wait in line to get weighed in and the guy in front of me, put his jacket and paperwork on a table. The nurse took me over and didn't clean any surfaces. So, I threw my **** on the floor. She looked at me. I said, it looks as clean as the other sh!t.........

"I'm sorry sir, please pick up your clothes and put your boxers back on, we don't need you nude for the weigh-in, this is not the UFC"