• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

credit score

where is the best place to find your credit score? you see all the adverts on tv about getting your credit score for free, but when you go onto the websites there's usually a catch of some sort!

anyone find a decent website you can actually get your c/score from for free or for not an arm and a leg?

you can, once a year, pull your credit info from each 3 of the main credit companies which i did seveal months ago, however, they do not tell you your actuall score, you have to pay for that.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
CreditSesame was recommended by The Willis Report. Their game is in providing services such as mortgage loans and there is no charge for finding out your score however often you like. I use them and they seem pretty good.

Drip Dry

"Annualcreditreport" is the one that's supposed to be free, but your right, you don't get your score unless you pay for it.

"Myfico.com has some options, but it looks like about 25.00 for your score.

ucmj22

I pay 11.00 a month for the "credit secure" add-on to my american express card. It has notifications and such, but I just use it to keep track of my credit scores. It lets you pull all three reports every month.

Locals Find!

CreditSesame was recommended by The Willis Report. Their game is in providing services such as mortgage loans and there is no charge for finding out your score however often you like. I use them and they seem pretty good.

I just signed up for this. Pretty cool thanks for the share Fred. My score wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was going to be. Its by no means great but, this showed me some things that were hanging out there that wouldn't be that hard to clean up and boost my score.

JKADesigns

I just signed up for this. Pretty cool thanks for the share Fred. My score wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was going to be. Its by no means great but, this showed me some things that were hanging out there that wouldn't be that hard to clean up and boost my score.

I just signed up for this as well. Cool.

binki

Credit reports are free on an annual basis but scores are a different story. Good luck with it.

Mosh

The only score that counts is how much money you have in the bank! NO ONE can argue otherwise! Pay cash and don't worry. Not even going to start cause you all know how I feel. Just look at what "credit" has done to the economy...too much easy money. IMO things are just right now, no loans for people that can't pat it back.

I know, you don't have the money, well save up, get a THIRD job. I busted my a$$ and have NEVER had a loan, car payment, just save up. Trust me, I started with NOTHING at the age of 16, and never have had any payments, other that TAXES....and we cant talk about that on the 101!!!

binki

There is a lot to be said about not owing anyone anything and we are working to that goal. It is where we want to be.

But, working on OPM (Other People's Money) can be a gold mine or a trap. Just depends on where you end up. Nothing ventured, Nothing gained. If you go down but are not responsible for the debt then good for you (it is just business) and if you are on the hook then bad for you (they will say it is just business.)

Cut the deck and I will play from either side with the hand that I am dealt.

Good Luck all.

Locals Find!

The only score that counts is how much money you have in the bank! NO ONE can argue otherwise! Pay cash and don't worry. Not even going to start cause you all know how I feel. Just look at what "credit" has done to the economy...too much easy money. IMO things are just right now, no loans for people that can't pat it back.

I know, you don't have the money, well save up, get a THIRD job. I busted my a$$ and have NEVER had a loan, car payment, just save up. Trust me, I started with NOTHING at the age of 16, and never have had any payments, other that TAXES....and we cant talk about that on the 101!!!

Your Credit score can affect a lot of things now that it was never supposed to like your car insurance, health insurance, even getting a job or security clearance to do a job. I applied at a Radio shack a few years ago for some extra holiday cash and was turned down because I had a credit score of less than 700. They actually told me they won't hire anyone with a lesser credit score because, "I am more likely to steal money". I won't tell you what happened next... lets just say I am no longer allowed in Radio shack anymore.

yeah to what addy said above....credit scores effect a whole lota stuff these days!!

thanks for the info above on where to look, i'll be looking into those site tomorrow, appreciate that guys.

visual800

myfico.com is the absolute best. I did sign up and not only did it give me my three scores but also let me contact the "issues" on there that was either old information or wrong information. myfico raised my score 15 points after i was able to make corrections and clean up junk that was in my report

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I've been using creditkarma.com for the past few years. It's also free to use and get your credit score as often as you like and it keeps a history which is visible as a chart.

signswi

Check out Quizzle.com, you can get your annual free reports through them and sometimes free scores as well, they also have a "Quizzle" score that's very similar and a good reference to track over time.

They're owned by Quicken and their game is also to sell you mortgages but the tools are really nice.

Billct2

Check out Clark Howard's website, he has the real free credit report site on it and alos the fico score link.

slappy

your entitled to print your credit report once a year for free.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre34.shtm same thing post 16 was referring to. I do the same every year through that https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

You can't get your score, but you can print all your credit history from all 3 credit companies. Remember to choose to hide social security number if printing. But if you want your credit score, you can get it there also for a fee.

stay away from the others like what you see on tv. If you paid a dollar to them to get your score, you better call and cancel your membership cause you just joined their monitoring gimmick and in a month or so you'll be paying a membership fee. My fiance found that out after i told him, he didn't believe at first till he actually canceled his "membership" that he was unaware he had bought for the dollar. Sucker

SD&F

The only credit score you can get for free is at credit karma. They actually do give you your credit score for free. You should all check it out.