• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Curved Raceways?

tanneji

Anyone know of a supplier that does this?

Attachments

• Shipley_800x600.JPG
    Shipley_800x600.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 227

tanneji

Why are they white is what I'd really like to know.

Yeah tell me about it. Red on brick doesnt work too great either. While we were trying to help these people figure out how to correct their visibility issue, the folks next door came out and said "hey we want a sign like that". Our normal supplier for these has bailed on the curviness.

Marlene

making a shaped/curved raceway is no diferent than making the shaped/curved letters as they are both made from aluminum. who ever does your channel letters should be able to do the raceway too.

red on the brick is OK if you make the cans and trim cap white. the raceway should be painted to blend in with the brick or paint it in a way that it becomes a design element.

what is a DO-NUT? what's up with the dash between the do and nut? is it a donut shop? just curious

SignManiac

Just goes to show that ugly channel letter signs happen just like ugly vinyl signs. It's just going to keep getting worse I fear. I hope one day they pass a worldwide law against ugly signs.

tanneji

haha yes they sell donuts. They are actually really freakin good. They are more like dunkin donuts than krispy kreme. I have no idea why the words are separated like that. Only thing I can think of is that they were started in the 1940's so there might be a different spelling back in the day.

Sucks that our channel letter company is chickening out of this one. Very big PITA.