• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer Mask Requirements

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I like to hear from people outside the U.S. Sometimes looking from the outside in will give you good perspective.

I hope the left / right crap comes to an end soon. People will get tired of it. Need someone that is middle of the road to lead BOTH parties.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You have as much right to your opinions as any American down here. However, your points of view mean little to nothing to me, as you cannot help one way or the other. The idea of I can ignore your thoughts is silly, as you've already put them in writing and the damage is done. No one can ignore it, not now. As for a global forum, that's correct, but last time I checked..... about signs.

The problem here is.... some years ago, under the old ownership, the mistake was made to have a NBH section. It was a total disaster and it split the membership into 2 camps. No one could let their opinions at the door and these same thought pattern bled into the regular forums. It never really healed for some and the placed remained divided. Your opinions are quickly becoming the same pattern as before. Is that what you want ?? Only you have the ability to keep gossip out og the conversation.

Please, think about what you say and govern yourself accordingly.

ikarasu

You have as much right to your opinions as any American down here. However, your points of view mean little to nothing to me, as you cannot help one way or the other. The idea of I can ignore your thoughts is silly, as you've already put them in writing and the damage is done. No one can ignore it, not now. As for a global forum, that's correct, but last time I checked..... about signs.

The problem here is.... some years ago, under the old ownership, the mistake was made to have a NBH section. It was a total disaster and it split the membership into 2 camps. No one could let their opinions at the door and these same thought pattern bled into the regular forums. It never really healed for some and the placed remained divided. Your opinions are quickly becoming the same pattern as before. Is that what you want ?? Only you have the ability to keep gossip out og the conversation.

Please, think about what you say and govern yourself accordingly.

My wife and kid hold dual citizenship, and one day I will to, I've always planned on moving to USA one day... which is why I keep up on the politics and how things are down there. My wife votes... so my opinion I'm sure slightly influences her, which means I do have a bit of say...a tiny bit! For now, until I can vote. But even if I could, I don't think I would. A little known secret I never mention, that pisses my wife off... :pI would have voted for Trump, and I felt like hilary was the worst candidate the democrats could put up. And not that my opinion matters.. but for this election I also think Biden would be just as bad as hilary was, and even if I could vote and it'd matter... I'm not sure who I'd vote for. So even if I were a us citizen... maybe I'd be a hippocrit for complaining / discussing stuff and doing nothing about it. But I still see it as it shouldnt be Republican or Democrat, us vs them - If Republicans win... Do Democrats just start hating America? No... so they should be helping the Republicans continue to make america a better place to live. Not at eachothers throats, and vice-versa. It shouldn't matter who is in office... The whole party system has gone too far in my opinion. "United" states of America... now I see media and people talking about if trump wins or if biden wins there will be a civil war from the other side... It's just dumb, damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Onto the other part - I know I've said it before, but I will again - I feel like all of america is split. You see it all the time... The whole BLM/ALM, wearing a mask, not wearing a mask... russia is bad, russia is good. It doesn't matter which side starts a topic, it's really hard for the other side to agree with them. I don't post political stuff much, and when I do I do still try to point out both sides of the argument, even if I am leaning against the other... For exactly why you said, I don't want people to be fighting eachother back and fourth. It seems like in this day and age it's one or the other...there is no debates or trying to see the other side - not just in USA, but everywhere... I've learned long ago it takes moving a mountain to change someones opinion on politics.

Where I wont be "Political" and try to show both sides of the argument though is Covid. Months ago everyone wrote it off as the flu - Fine... it wasnt that wide spread, it wasn't that bad back then and not everyone was following what happened in china, so I can see why. But now theres 10,000 new cases in USA per day. But people are still saying it's a news media hoax and flu that people shouldn't worry about - And I'm not going to pander to them and say you may be right, when it's obvious theyre wrong.

Theres been 2.8 million cases. 5% of 2.8 million cases is 140,000. Theres been 130,000 deaths in USA - Thats roughly 5% when rounding up. So 4.5-5% mortality rate of known cases of covid. Lets say the news and Fauci are reporting way more cases than are real - The mortality rate percent only goes up.... you can fake positive cases, you can't really fake the death rate. The death rates rise considerably once the hospitals get overwhelmed... And right now theyre all at peak... so the death rate is about to climb substantially.

Yet covid is still being downplayed as it's nothing. And it does affect Canada - We've had to fine / arrest a dozen or so Americans who have said they were driving through to Alaska (One reason we allow USA citizens to still enter Canada) Only to find them vacationing in our parks and tourist towns. Everyday the border remains closed, it hurts our economy as well as your economy... It's tourist season right now, a lot of our towns and tourist destinations are hurting and closing up shop.

If covid was taken seriously to begin with... It wouldnt be so bad. There is still going to be wave after wave until we get a vaccine... but It'd be controllable and the country could re-open up. To me... Covid should not be about politics, it should not be about us vs them, or Canada vs USA vs russia VS china or whatever. Theres a dangerous disease going around, and everyone, despite what your beliefs or political views are should be working together....but its not happening.

And just to play devils advocate again. Trump shut down travel from China really quick when Covid came out - And all the democrats were screaming how racist that was and how he shouldnt have done it. It blows my mind... it doesnt matter if the party believes in something or not, if the other one came up with it... there will be opposition.

I honestly believe trump could come out with a gun ban tomorrow, and 90% of Democrats would all of a sudden be pro gun and say trumps taking away their freedoms. It doesn't matter what the issue is, especially during election time they're arguing just to argue and play to their base. Its not about who's right and who's wrong, I don't care if you believe there should be a wall at Mexico or Canada or between the red and blue states... Believe what you want to believe, theres no reason people can't have different opinions and still get along and work together.

Take S101 as an example. I could be wrong.. but I feel like it's 90% Republican. I feel like I have different views than most of the people on here - But I still generally get along with everyone, I get helped and I'm willing to help. I partake in some heated discussions like this - You can call me a hoser, threaten to build a wall around my house even, I'd still act civil and be willing to help. I don't care what peoples opinions are on politics...whether theyre for, or against trump or anyone else - If you're a decent person (Most on here seem to be) Thats all that matters. The reason USA has free speech is so people can be open and discuss stuff without fear of repercussions from authorities or anyone else. Debate and discussion is healthy, so long as you allow it to be.

I don't go flouting that I don't agree with trump on here - but I'm sure 99% of people know it based on my posts. and I'm not banished or ignored because of it. Thats how it should be - free to express your opinions in a civilized way... and I appreciate that I can. America and Canada are much, much more alike than most people seem to realize - so while it seems like I'm from another country and know nothing about whats going on... it's not as accurate as it seems!

And I know this topic has been derailed and turned more into politics than about the original question... so I'll shut up now. I don't mind political talk, and we seem to be able to keep it civil - I believe theres a forum where it's allowed, and I do think it's healthy to discuss things - I feel like the reason people get divided so much is because being political has become too poisonous so no one does talk about it. People shouldn't get penalized for their beliefs, no matter what they are, IMO!

Onto the original question - I believe most professionals are recommending if you cant keep 6 FT, then you should wear a mask. We don't require people to wear them indoors... but we have a lot of space and we do require people to mantain 6 ft at all times. I think it's case by case, with how hard your area is hit.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
My wife and kid hold dual citizenship, and one day I will to, I've always planned on moving to USA one day... which is why I keep up on the politics and how things are down there. My wife votes... so my opinion I'm sure slightly influences her, which means I do have a bit of say...a tiny bit! For now, until I can vote. But even if I could, I don't think I would. A little known secret I never mention, that pisses my wife off... :pI would have voted for Trump, and I felt like hilary was the worst candidate the democrats could put up. And not that my opinion matters.. but for this election I also think Biden would be just as bad as hilary was, and even if I could vote and it'd matter... I'm not sure who I'd vote for. So even if I were a us citizen... maybe I'd be a hippocrit for complaining / discussing stuff and doing nothing about it. But I still see it as it shouldnt be Republican or Democrat, us vs them - If Republicans win... Do Democrats just start hating America? No... so they should be helping the Republicans continue to make america a better place to live. Not at eachothers throats, and vice-versa. It shouldn't matter who is in office... The whole party system has gone too far in my opinion. "United" states of America... now I see media and people talking about if trump wins or if biden wins there will be a civil war from the other side... It's just dumb, damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Onto the other part - I know I've said it before, but I will again - I feel like all of america is split. You see it all the time... The whole BLM/ALM, wearing a mask, not wearing a mask... russia is bad, russia is good. It doesn't matter which side starts a topic, it's really hard for the other side to agree with them. I don't post political stuff much, and when I do I do still try to point out both sides of the argument, even if I am leaning against the other... For exactly why you said, I don't want people to be fighting eachother back and fourth. It seems like in this day and age it's one or the other...there is no debates or trying to see the other side - not just in USA, but everywhere... I've learned long ago it takes moving a mountain to change someones opinion on politics.

Where I wont be "Political" and try to show both sides of the argument though is Covid. Months ago everyone wrote it off as the flu - Fine... it wasnt that wide spread, it wasn't that bad back then and not everyone was following what happened in china, so I can see why. But now theres 10,000 new cases in USA per day. But people are still saying it's a news media hoax and flu that people shouldn't worry about - And I'm not going to pander to them and say you may be right, when it's obvious theyre wrong.

Theres been 2.8 million cases. 5% of 2.8 million cases is 140,000. Theres been 130,000 deaths in USA - Thats roughly 5% when rounding up. So 4.5-5% mortality rate of known cases of covid. Lets say the news and Fauci are reporting way more cases than are real - The mortality rate percent only goes up.... you can fake positive cases, you can't really fake the death rate. The death rates rise considerably once the hospitals get overwhelmed... And right now theyre all at peak... so the death rate is about to climb substantially.

Yet covid is still being downplayed as it's nothing. And it does affect Canada - We've had to fine / arrest a dozen or so Americans who have said they were driving through to Alaska (One reason we allow USA citizens to still enter Canada) Only to find them vacationing in our parks and tourist towns. Everyday the border remains closed, it hurts our economy as well as your economy... It's tourist season right now, a lot of our towns and tourist destinations are hurting and closing up shop.

If covid was taken seriously to begin with... It wouldnt be so bad. There is still going to be wave after wave until we get a vaccine... but It'd be controllable and the country could re-open up. To me... Covid should not be about politics, it should not be about us vs them, or Canada vs USA vs russia VS china or whatever. Theres a dangerous disease going around, and everyone, despite what your beliefs or political views are should be working together....but its not happening.

And just to play devils advocate again. Trump shut down travel from China really quick when Covid came out - And all the democrats were screaming how racist that was and how he shouldnt have done it. It blows my mind... it doesnt matter if the party believes in something or not, if the other one came up with it... there will be opposition.

I honestly believe trump could come out with a gun ban tomorrow, and 90% of Democrats would all of a sudden be pro gun and say trumps taking away their freedoms. It doesn't matter what the issue is, especially during election time they're arguing just to argue and play to their base. Its not about who's right and who's wrong, I don't care if you believe there should be a wall at Mexico or Canada or between the red and blue states... Believe what you want to believe, theres no reason people can't have different opinions and still get along and work together.

Take S101 as an example. I could be wrong.. but I feel like it's 90% Republican. I feel like I have different views than most of the people on here - But I still generally get along with everyone, I get helped and I'm willing to help. I partake in some heated discussions like this - You can call me a hoser, threaten to build a wall around my house even, I'd still act civil and be willing to help. I don't care what peoples opinions are on politics...whether theyre for, or against trump or anyone else - If you're a decent person (Most on here seem to be) Thats all that matters. The reason USA has free speech is so people can be open and discuss stuff without fear of repercussions from authorities or anyone else. Debate and discussion is healthy, so long as you allow it to be.

I don't go flouting that I don't agree with trump on here - but I'm sure 99% of people know it based on my posts. and I'm not banished or ignored because of it. Thats how it should be - free to express your opinions in a civilized way... and I appreciate that I can. America and Canada are much, much more alike than most people seem to realize - so while it seems like I'm from another country and know nothing about whats going on... it's not as accurate as it seems!

And I know this topic has been derailed and turned more into politics than about the original question... so I'll shut up now. I don't mind political talk, and we seem to be able to keep it civil - I believe theres a forum where it's allowed, and I do think it's healthy to discuss things - I feel like the reason people get divided so much is because being political has become too poisonous so no one does talk about it. People shouldn't get penalized for their beliefs, no matter what they are, IMO!

Onto the original question - I believe most professionals are recommending if you cant keep 6 FT, then you should wear a mask. We don't require people to wear them indoors... but we have a lot of space and we do require people to mantain 6 ft at all times. I think it's case by case, with how hard your area is hit.

Well, at least you can get your point across without making yourself sound superior and cloaked in sarcasm. I forgot what that point was 6 paragraphs ago but at least you sounded respectful.

ikarasu

It's my curse :p. I try to over explain everything... because while I may be pointing out I don't agree with something, I don't want people to feel like that means I'm disagreeing with them. A lot of people take stuff personally, better safe than sorry... I'm not here to make enemies!

WildWestDesigns

now I see media and people talking about if trump wins or if biden wins there will be a civil war from the other side... It's just dumb, damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Come to a city that has been hard hit with the fake BLM movement (the current "BLM movement" has nothing to do with what it was originally, isn't it strange that the original BLM leadership has come out and quit and said that their movement is no longer their own?)

The reason why there is a fear of that here is because this current faux movement ironically has more in common with the NSDAP (especially their politics of the 1930s to the end of WWII). This type of movement causes that much of a schism between both sides and the middle is damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Theres been 2.8 million cases. 5% of 2.8 million cases is 140,000. Theres been 130,000 deaths in USA - Thats roughly 5% when rounding up. So 4.5-5% mortality rate of known cases of covid. Lets say the news and Fauci are reporting way more cases than are real - The mortality rate percent only goes up.... you can fake positive cases, you can't really fake the death rate.

There were actually hospitals attributing deaths to Covid that weren't Covid. That also doesn't help things either.

Yet covid is still being downplayed as it's nothing.

I blame the experts on this one. Certain information was believed without verification. Then you have exports flip flopping all the time. Told that it dies instantaneously in sunlight, now it doesn't. Yes some things are trial and error as this is a new beast, it'll take awhile before anything is truly set in stone with our knowledge base, but it makes it very hard to believe anyone here. That's the problem, everything is so polarized, don't know which way is up. It's downright scary. My wife has to go to work in an area that they tried to set up an autonomous zone and that adds to this crazy environment.

It makes it hard to believe them, even if they are correct.

I think now that there are reports of yes it's mutating, but what it is mutating into is a weaker strain.

Then you have a county in Oregon that was willing to give a certain demographic exemption from wearing masks when supposedly they are the hardest hit (I think they have changed their stance on that now though). Also, apparently since there is no tracking metric for the looters and spread of covid, the rise of covid can't be attributed to that.

Believe what you want to believe, theres no reason people can't have different opinions and still get along and work together.

Given the current movement that's going on here, that isn't the case depending on what demographic one falls under.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica

Sorry had to do it:

Jeremiah

It's my curse :p. I try to over explain everything... because while I may be pointing out I don't agree with something, I don't want people to feel like that means I'm disagreeing with them. A lot of people take stuff personally, better safe than sorry... I'm not here to make enemies!
Back on track . What does it hurt to wear a mask ? What if ...... someone gives it to you. But.... you go visit YOUR 89 year old mother. She is 2% and dies ? Do you say "Darn I should have wore a mask" ? I wear one everywhere I am in contact with people . It's not painful .

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
To lighten the mood, heres a good video... Canada 2020 :cool:

I had to watch it twice after I forgot to turn on the Canadian-English subtitles the first time.

Canada.jpg

Good stuff.

Last edited:

neutrinocv

.... Don't tell me were gonna hafta build a wall up there, too ??

Save your money in building walls... Your So Much Greater Than Others country's inhability to get some decent control over this thing has already built a virtual INTERNATIONAL health hazard wall around the continental US of A. That's eventually going to be good for business... Sad.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I think part of the problem is too many people were too locked down for too long. It's depressing and I think for many they are willing to take the chance at getting sick just to be able to outside around others. For those of us in cool climates, we only get a couple months a year to comfortably be outside and we are doing it (most of us).

Being locked up is almost as bad as the virus. My neighbor for example. They used to be normal people, a teacher and a customer service rep. She has not been back to work. He has been working from home. I have YET to see either of them in ANYTHING other than pajama pants and a sloppy, stained tshirt since this started. He has acne and cold sores all over his face, long hair. It is absolutely discusting. Every day he walks up and down the lot line several times a day picking at me about my lawn, and the guy doesn't even own a weed wacker. He rakes a few times a day but rarely cuts the grass. It's so very odd. He's lucky to still be alive, I really have to stop myself from going off on this lunatic. I got a permit for a fence but cannot find any 4x4 posts in the area, everyone is sold out. The pacing is driving me insane. They do wear masks everywhere they go but their mental health and hygiene is down the tubes. When a my teenage son who I still remind to shower says, "Mom, he looks so gross, like he has a disease" - then you know it's bad LOL

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Whatever, eh ?? You guys do what you want and criticize til your hearts content, while we live it down here. Like I said, neither of you have a dog in this situation. All the wanting to move here or being halfway related to here or just listening to netri's take on things..... is just useless baggage. Not that that's a bad thing, but the situation most of you are getting is only what the media wants you to know or believe. Your findings are well thought out propaganda tools of the far left down here. Ya need two distinct sides to get things done, but in the last 35 years or so, it's been kinda bad. In the last 10 years, it's gotten really bad. You guys don't live it, breathe it or see it. You only hear 3rd or 4th hand. I listen to all the news stations to get a broader scope on things and believe it or not...... they all have it wrong. When driving around, talking with relatives or friends from all around the country, it's all kinda the same. Back in the 60's my area was hit super hard with racial riots, but they're creeping back in... in the last few years. If you don't carry, you're nuts. How would that hold up up where you guys live ??

I had a wonderful time 4th of July night, watching fireworks all over the city. However, the Police were out in huge numbers and so were the Fire Police and just about every other kinda law enforcement. I still had 2 guns within reach at all times, 100 rounds and 2 speed loads by my side. Whenever you go into any city down here, you need to be prepared for some situation.

You guys battle out if ya wanna move here or just build a wall, but having Canada for a president would be one of my last choices. In fact, I'd move, if that happened. I love my country as much as you love yours and I wouldn't want that for a minute...... not even a New York minute.

:Canada 2:

neutrinocv

Whatever, eh ?? You guys do what you want and criticize til your hearts content, while we live it down here. Like I said, neither of you have a dog in this situation. All the wanting to move here or being halfway related to here or just listening to netri's take on things..... is just useless baggage. Not that that's a bad thing, but the situation most of you are getting is only what the media wants you to know or believe. Your findings are well thought out propaganda tools of the far left down here. Ya need two distinct sides to get things done, but in the last 35 years or so, it's been kinda bad. In the last 10 years, it's gotten really bad. You guys don't live it, breathe it or see it. You only hear 3rd or 4th hand. I listen to all the news stations to get a broader scope on things and believe it or not...... they all have it wrong. When driving around, talking with relatives or friends from all around the country, it's all kinda the same. Back in the 60's my area was hit super hard with racial riots, but they're creeping back in... in the last few years. If you don't carry, you're nuts. How would that hold up up where you guys live ??

I had a wonderful time 4th of July night, watching fireworks all over the city. However, the Police were out in huge numbers and so were the Fire Police and just about every other kinda law enforcement. I still had 2 guns within reach at all times, 100 rounds and 2 speed loads by my side. Whenever you go into any city down here, you need to be prepared for some situation.

You guys battle out if ya wanna move here or just build a wall, but having Canada for a president would be one of my last choices. In fact, I'd move, if that happened. I love my country as much as you love yours and I wouldn't want that for a minute...... not even a New York minute.

:Canada 2:
You know what, Gino ? You are ABSOLUTELY right.

Everybody wants to live in a country where you need to carry 2 guns and rounds to spare at all times... I'm sure they say the same thing in Afghanistan, Nigeria, Venezuela, Brazil, Haïti...

No hard feelings.

ikarasu

Today I went to drop a big order off at a company - Pretty big sized company, thousands of employees. Their head office is close by - They ordered 9 rolls worth of floor decals...we had dozens of boxes of them. Pulled up to their shipping doc...and the lady came out to grab them all. I offered to help load them all in..she appologized, said she's sorry but due to covid no one is allowed in without a mask, so not only could I not go in.. I was to remain in my truck while she pulled them all out the back onto carts and brought them in.

I mentioned I carry masks in my truck, asked if I wore one would it be ok if I helped her - she was delighted and said yes, most delivery drivers wont put any on and she lugs it all herself. blew my mind!

It sucked... lifting heavy boxes and breathing heavy when I Already have issues with masks, but I didn't mind at all. To me, its not even about the policy, or if masks work or not. If it makes someone else feel safer and at ease, why not?

So yeah, just giving an example of other places requiring masks that affects us! Most of our contract customers dont allow on site visits, or at the very least require a mask. It's becoming more common place these days!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I am pro mask - the more of my face that is covered the more handsome I look. I just wish my wife wouldn't force me to wear it when we go to bed.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Today I went to drop a big order off at a company - Pretty big sized company, thousands of employees. Their head office is close by - They ordered 9 rolls worth of floor decals...we had dozens of boxes of them. Pulled up to their shipping doc...and the lady came out to grab them all. I offered to help load them all in..she appologized, said she's sorry but due to covid no one is allowed in without a mask, so not only could I not go in.. I was to remain in my truck while she pulled them all out the back onto carts and brought them in.

I mentioned I carry masks in my truck, asked if I wore one would it be ok if I helped her - she was delighted and said yes, most delivery drivers wont put any on and she lugs it all herself. blew my mind!

It sucked... lifting heavy boxes and breathing heavy when I Already have issues with masks, but I didn't mind at all. To me, its not even about the policy, or if masks work or not. If it makes someone else feel safer and at ease, why not?

So yeah, just giving an example of other places requiring masks that affects us! Most of our contract customers dont allow on site visits, or at the very least require a mask. It's becoming more common place these days!

See, that's what you get for speaking up...she gave you an out.

ikarasu

See, that's what you get for speaking up...she gave you an out.
I'm not one to sit by when theres work to be done! And I'm especially not one who'd let someone do twice as much grunt work so I can just sit in my air conditioned truck watching her work... :p as nice as a 10 minute nap would have been!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'm not one to sit by when theres work to be done! And I'm especially not one who'd let someone do twice as much grunt work so I can just sit in my air conditioned truck watching her work... :p as nice as a 10 minute nap would have been!

Come to Texas in July and tell me that same story. I'd use that 10 free minutes to get on S101