• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer Mask Requirements

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Joe House said:
Bobby, I'm just curious, do you know if there are more people going to the hospital with new symptoms or are they expanding testing and therefore confirming more cases that would have been counted otherwise?

The spike in new cases cannot be dismissed as evidence of just more testing, even though some people are doing just that for political reasons. Here in Oklahoma the rate of COVID-19 hospitalizations is increasing. The percentages of positive versus negative tests are up. The Tulsa metro has seen the biggest rate of new confirmed cases (and that was before the President's rally at the BOK Center).

For now the biggest metros (OKC and Tulsa) still have hospital treatment capacity to spare. But many of the rural areas have very limited treatment capacity. Some of those places have seen large clusters in operations like slaughterhouses or prisons. Serious COVID-19 cases get punted to the big city hospitals. Even Lawton has had some COVID-19 patients moved up to OKC hospitals.

While confirmed SARS-CoV-2 cases are up dramatically in Oklahoma, we're still in relatively better shape than some other states where the case level spikes are much worse, like Arizona. That state is running out of hospital beds and medical staff. Once treatment capacity is overwhelmed the case fatality rate shoots up and so does the fatality rate for non-COVID medical problems (heart attack, stroke, trauma, pregnancy deaths, etc). We already saw that demonstrated in New York City and other highly populated areas in the Northeast US. But the population in other states think they're "special" and thus have to learn the hard way that they can be hit hard by this disease too if they want to tempt fate.

showie

People are required to remove their mask if they come in my shop to talk to me.

That sounds a bit short sighted, to be honest. I mean, I get to each their own but they're wearing a mask to protect you and your staff. Is there a reason you've made this requirement?

rjssigns

Home based, business by email/text, nobody stops by unless picking up which is almost never. Pick ups are put on the porch. Only have contact with two other shop people that I supply and their shop has been on lockdown for months.

Other than that I wear my "muzzle" where I'm required to do so. Menard's, Costco, grocery store, outdoor farmers market...a lot of places.
When I go back to campus this fall I'll be required to wear a "muzzle" and possibly gloves. Details are still being hashed out. If there is a spike in cases I imagine I'll once again be delivering content from my office.
Muzzle is a joke between the wife and myself. Helps us remember to have them in the vehicles.

Richard2717

That sounds a bit short sighted, to be honest. I mean, I get to each their own but they're wearing a mask to protect you and your staff. Is there a reason you've made this requirement?

Not really. I get few walk in customers and the ones that I do, I have dealt with for years but the main reason is that I lost my hearing about 10 years ago so I have to read lips. Impossible to do with a mask on, hence the no mask rule.Still do the distancing thing, which I have always done since losing my hearing. 6' is about perfect distance for my lip reading. No more employees here, got rid of that headache a while back and kinda semi retired. Much happier now.

ikarasu

It's sad, but this is being politicized by both sides. I remember when this first started... everyone said it was the flu. Not to point fingers... but 90% of people on here were saying it's the flu and nothing to worry about, despite evidence it was destroying china. But thats because a lot of people... people who you should be able to trust said its just a flu and not to worry.... Now look at how bad it is... and theres still higher ups saying its a hoax and it'll just dissapear.

Then you have WHO and all the higher up in charge doctors up until 2 months ago telling everyone wearing a mask was useless and not to wear one - Then they came out and said that "new evidence" shows wearing a mask will help - While some came out and straight up admitted they knew all along it'd help, but they didnt want people to panic buy masks and cause a shortage for the doctors.

If this was a virus all the world leaders knew would wipe out the world and never be cured, do you think they'd tell the public... or hide it? Not saying it is, and I dont believe it is! Just pointed out an extreme where the only information you can trust is your own. Do what you feel is right for you / your company. If someone doesnt want to do business with you because you asked them to wear a mask to protect you and your employees... Then boot them to the curb.

I live in BC - we get a whopping 10 new cases a day that are all related to a breakout in jails / retirement homes, etc. Theres barelly any community spread...last community case was from the strip club that opened when it wasnt supposed to:oops:

Every state is different - Heck..every city is different. It should be up to the people in charge on whether wearing a mask in your location is needed or not, but unfortunately it has become a political issue... So theyre too afraid to make a decision on it one way or the other because they'll lose votes. so you have to decide for your own business whether guests should be wearing one, or allowed to even come into your building.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, what's really sad about this whole thing is...... how unsanitary, selfish and unhealthy most people were and still are before this pandemic ever took place. Y'all are acting like ya never washed your hands before or covered your mouth when sneezing or coughing. You actually need instructions on how to be effectively clean. Had most people been following healthy habits, none of this would've been necessary. Therefore, because of the weakest links, we all pay the price.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'm not understanding how masks are being "politicized". I keep hearing this but who is politicizing them? How are they politicizing them? I haven't seen anyone in real life doing that. Almost 100% of people are wearing them now because Texas made it mandatory. Republican or democrat we're all wearing them and everyone seems fine with it.. we understand what we have to do. Maybe California is the one with the problem...it's always their fault.

WildWestDesigns

I'm not understanding how masks are being "politicized". I keep hearing this but who is politicizing them? How are they politicizing them? I haven't seen anyone in real life doing that.

County an Oregon had come up with a unique exemption for mask wearing that I would say was definitely brought about by the politics of the area

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's not politics, except if you fall for the stupid bullsh!t some of the news media talks about. The news people are on some kinda agenda to place blame for things no one has control over. We are in uncharted territory and most people from doctors to high up officials are just guessing. They wanna sound officious, but really have no clue.

The numbers are on the rise for two reasons.

First, they now are testing 10 fold times the people they were earlier, so of course the numbers will be higher. They were higher before, but they weren't testing near as many people.

Second, what happens when literally millions of people start rioting, demonstrating and looting but not wearing masks or social distance each other ?? Ahhh, you spread the feelings for more rioting, looting and sickness.

This thing is never.... as in NEVER...... gonna go away. It is here, just like the cold, cancer and stupidness of people toppling statues for no good reasons.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I saw images of the Trump rally yesterday...they are just like the rioters, no masks and close together chanting and yelling. Both "sides" are behaving the same way.

ikarasu

I'm not understanding how masks are being "politicized". I keep hearing this but who is politicizing them? How are they politicizing them? I haven't seen anyone in real life doing that. Almost 100% of people are wearing them now because Texas made it mandatory. Republican or democrat we're all wearing them and everyone seems fine with it.. we understand what we have to do. Maybe California is the one with the problem...it's always their fault.
I could make a list the size of a phone book when they were supposed to wear a mask, but didn't. Trump was supposed to wear one while touring the ford plant...and he did, but took it off before the press could see him because he didnt want to look "Weak". Pence toured the Mayo clinic and he was told before hand masks were mandatory...He made all his staffers wear one, but he didn't wear one himself then played dumb saying he never got the memo, only to have some staff come out and say he did. Masks were made mandatory in the house, but 75% of republicans refused to wear it saying they cant force them to - democrats even had to play games saying they wouldnt recognize anyone on to speak unless they were wearing a mask. Theres hundreds of examples where people were told it was mandatory, but for one reason or the other they didn't... not just out in public, but in cases where it was really important for them to be wearing one. I say politicized because its all thats been in the news or talked about from both sides - Democrats also scream bloody murder every time they see a republican out without a mask on, even in places it doesn't matter. Both sides are using covid as a game to get elected.

There are A LOT of anti maskers out there as well. Watch some town hall videos about masks, I find them hilarious.

https://www.reddit.com/r/awfuleverything/comments/hg6htb/these_antimaskers_from_florida/ heres one from Florida recently. Keep in mind florida is getting hit really hard....11,000 cases per day. florida is the one place a complete lockdown / shelter in place should be mandatory with how bad it is. Then you still have nutcases like this fighting against anything that could save their lives.

ikarasu

I saw images of the Trump rally yesterday...they are just like the rioters, no masks and close together chanting and yelling. Both "sides" are behaving the same way.

Thats the problem... people arent taking this seriously. I had a buddy who lives in USA ask me why I think America is doing so bad with Covid while Canada isnt.

Canada adopted face masks long ago - We never made it mandatory... A few stores have, but no city (Maybe out east, I'm not sure) has. We started social distancing weeks after this came out, everyone wore masks indoors... You can go into a store and every isle is one way - People wont pass eachother, ,we keep our distance and weve taken it seriously since day 1.

America downplayed covid since day 1... So many people said it was just the flu and it would pass, said masks arent necessary... no one took it serious until it was too late and spread too much, and now its ingrained in peoples minds that it's not bad and a lot of people wont change. I really try not to put blame on trump or one side because I know it'll just start an argument and take away from the discussion... but just last week trump again said covid is going to just fizzle out and go away - he's taking away everyones fear and they feel they can live on like nothing is happening and everything going to just fix itself. And Again politics are behind it a bit in a non direct way as well. For years and years all you hear is Democrats are trying to take away your rights and force this or that on you - So when democratic cities start doing lockdowns and mandatory masks... people see it as theyre trying to do just that... take away your rights, and it meets resistance.

People on both sides don't take it as serious as they should be. Canada has much, much fewer people than USA does. But in BC we have 5 million people all condensed together right at the edge of the border with washington... and we have 10 new cases a day... where as Washington has 7.5 million people, more spread out and gets 3-500 a day. BC never had a shutdown, never had mandatory masks... But we've been listening the Dr Bonnie and doing everything she recommends without hesitating... Yes life has changed a bit, no family gatherings (For the most part), movie theaters and restaurants closed down, etc - But we are now re-opening everything and getting back to normal.

I think all the stuff that makes America so great... The diversity, freedoms, all the rights and pride USA has, are also whats causing Covid to spread like crazy in USA.

I don't think it's Trump, or the Democrats, or even the few crazies in the town hall meetings - I think it's a bit of everything all hitting at once. It's like the perfect storm. It's weird... Most countries are recovering and doing better, USA seems to be one of the only countries still getting hit really hard by this.

Hoping you guys get it under control soon, somehow, though - I miss my american vacations! I used to cross every 2 weeks. I have about 10 packages sitting across the border waiting for me to pick them up. it feels weird being so close, and in 2 hugely different stages of this and locked off from eachother.

Mainframe

US is doing false reporting, you can always tell by the death count verse the case count, Dem Doctors are coming out and saying it also, the Dem Governors want to squash the economy to make the opposition look bad, it's all crazy back and forth stuff, they are hurting the economy. Nobody seems to want to do what is right for the country anymore. Even our Governor went out and protested right after he called anyone who wanted to open their business early a coward and deserter! Nobody is making any sense anymore! I don't require or wear masks! an illness with a 98% recovery rate is not a pandemic sorry

ikarasu

US is doing false reporting, you can always tell by the death count verse the case count, Dem Doctors are coming out and saying it also, the Dem Governors want to squash the economy to make the opposition look bad, it's all crazy back and forth stuff, they are hurting the economy. Nobody seems to want to do what is right for the country anymore. Even our Governor went out and protested right after he called anyone who wanted to open their business early a coward and deserter! Nobody is making any sense anymore! I don't require or wear masks! an illness with a 98% recovery rate is not a pandemic sorry
See... this is the problem. It's always blame the other side, rather than focus on the problem.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/u-s-covid-19-cases-fauci-1.5633011 Is Dr Fauci a democrat? He used to be trumps most trusted advisor, trump couldn't stop giving him praise... but now he's out of favor because he's saying Covid is a real problem. It shouldn't be this way... This is bigger than democrat vs republican... the whole world is taking covid seriously, rather than 2 parties bickering you'd think this would be the one thing they could agree on and work together on... but everyones still at everyones throats, it's sad.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When it comes to politics....... with employees, friends, relatives and/or whoever else, if you don't vote in the election, than I don't wanna hear your whining. You can have your opinions, but until you can help change or do whatever it is you wanna do, I think it only rude to give your second and third hand views. Most of what you base your opinions is all hearsay. You are not living it and only hearing it through the channels you wanna hear. None of this is politics, other than our country trying to win an election over the other guy. The media is against Trump and will say and report the most ridiculous things. You have enough problems in your own country without trying to solve our problems. Don't tell me were gonna hafta build a wall up there, too ??

Honestly, it does seem rather rude coming from someone who doesn't have a dog in the fight. I would suggest you say things, but not as if they are gospel. There are many more things to argue about and solve world problems, than if Trump caused this world pandemic.

ikarasu

If you think trump is the problem you are sadly mistaken! Faici is a wish washing idiot
I don't think Trump is the problem. I think the system is the problem. Rather than coming together and figuring out what works best to save lives, you have people brainwashed in each direction following party lines.

Let's take what you just said as an example. The guy who trump put in charge and said is very capable and the best in his field, is not a wish washy idiot because he doesn't agree with the advice some Republicans are putting out. How come the guy who's studied situations like this his whole life, the guy who was put in charge of handing it based on his credentials now all of a sudden doesn't know what's best for the country... But people who's medical knowledge consists of watching er on TV have a better understanding of how to handle it?

Neither Republicans nor Democrats should.be making any decisions when it comes to this... It's why we have experts. And the problem is your higher ups, on both sides of the field are playing politics instead of doing just that. And it's trickling down to the people and causing a mess.

I don't like trump. But as much as I don't like him and Can point out tons of stuff he's done to put the blame on him for the current covid state... I can do the same with the democrats.

Again - the professionals.should be deciding how we handle this. Not politicians, not internet forum warriors, no one but the people who are actually qualified to make the decisions.

ikarasu

When it comes to politics....... with employees, friends, relatives and/or whoever else, if you don't vote in the election, than I don't wanna hear your whining. You can have your opinions, but until you can help change or do whatever it is you wanna do, I think it only rude to give your second and third hand views. Most of what you base your opinions is all hearsay. You are not living it and only hearing it through the channels you wanna hear. None of this is politics, other than our country trying to win an election over the other guy. The media is against Trump and will say and report the most ridiculous things. You have enough problems in your own country without trying to solve our problems. Don't tell me were gonna hafta build a wall up there, too ??

Honestly, it does seem rather rude coming from someone who doesn't have a dog in the fight. I would suggest you say things, but not as if they are gospel. There are many more things to argue about and solve world problems, than if Trump caused this world pandemic.
The internet has opened the world up. The same thing thats happening in Hong kong right now with their security bill - should I keep my head burried and hope that goes away, or never comment my opinion on that too?

What happens in America affects us all...especially in Canada. You guys are literally a 5 minute drive from my house - So if things go bad, or stay bad there... it does affect us. And every country has it's problems, if you'd like to discuss Canadas problems, I'm all for it! I'm not afraid to admit our system isn't perfect either.

I don't just watch CNN, Heck... I don't watch any news. My opinions are based on what I see myself - and I do understand some of the clips are cherry picked to make people look bad.

Anyways, last I checked this wasn't only a USA forum... So when something comes up and people are discussing stuff, I'm free to voice my opinions, just like you're free to ignore them.. If you think I have less to lose / win because I'm not American so my thoughts don't matter, thats up to you. I think I've tried to be as impartial as I can - EVERY single post If I say something bad about trump, I point out the stuff I've seen democrats do as well.... Partly because I want to be impartial, and partly because I know going against the grain on here gets your head chewed off. But fair enough... If you think I've said something thats wrong, or untrue, or cherry picked from the media... I'm open minded, point out what I've said thats wrong and I'll do some more re-search, and be the first to admit I was wrong.

Feel free to build a wall up here, just send us the bill...we'll eventually pay for it :confused: