• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customers banner...What do you think?

thesignguy1986

I layed out a quick banner for a customer with probably 10 minutes in it. Was going to add some more flames, gradients and anything else to jazz it up when he told me this is what he wanted and not to add anything else. What do you think of it I personally like it but think I would of done a few more things to the fonts and such.

Let me know

Thanks

Attachments

• full color banner.jpg
    full color banner.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 176

Flame

Start from scratch. Doesn't make me hungry at all. Pictures are just thrown on, flames don't look natural with how they're cut off, text isn't very appealing....

It simply isn't conveying the message you want it to.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
absolutly no design skillz needed 4 this one.

this isn't something to post, rather take the cash and run.....

CentralSigns

I'm with Slamdunk. The brisket not so good, the middle one puked on a bun. I probably pass on dinner after seeing this banner. Should tell your client.

Jillbeans

No amount of jazzing would help this layout.
The customer was actually doing you a favor when he told you to stop.
:)
Love....Jill

DarbySign

If a food photo isn't perfectly staged with perfect coloring it looks completely unappetizing in print, even more so enlarged to banner size. I'll do everything possible to convince my customers to keep pictures of food off their banners.

Craig Sjoquist

Just take the red out of the copy, and you be able to read it. the red could be a shade and outline if red is wanted... red on black is nearly impossible to read

signmeup

That banner would be doing me a great service. It would tell me to keep looking for someplace else to eat, saving me the discomfort of accidentally ordering food there. The food pics look like the poster for "What Not to Eat". Who wants to eat a big slab of meat? Maybe a pic of salad...and a few veggies to go with some professionally done photos of the meat dishes.

Marlene

set it on fire and put it out of it's misery! the font is crushed beyond crushed. squishing a pile of letters so that you can make them big doesn't work at all as it makes it hard to read. copy on an arc for no reason at all never work. it looks like a special effect thrown in to try to "jazz" things up and it never does. the pictures of meat are not working as others have said, they don't make you want to go eat, they just look like slabs of meat. the flames are odd and by not having any tops to the flames they look like you are looking into some horrid window of fire at squishy letters and slabs of meat. sorry to be so harsh but it's all just bad.

R08

QUOTE=Slamdunkpro;706418]...... The pork sandwich (middle) looks like the bun threw up on the plate.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I thought as soon as I saw that:ROFLMAO:

Graphic1.jpg

thesignguy1986

I honestly don't like the banner myself. The customer had pics he wanted to use. Then when I was going through my flames he saw these and wanted them and all the other junk. I wanted to redo it but he insists he likes the way it looks. Even though I agree with all of you on it not really looking that nice and well yes the one sandwich does look like throw up lol I guess if he's paying for it I'll have to live with it?

Thanks for the opinions

Jillbeans

I'd go for something more text-y, without the food pix.
This suggestion is certainly no masterpiece but it might have more appeal.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 69

GoodPeopleFlags

If you have to have pics, go to Istock or dreamstime and buy some professional, appetizing images.

Or print it and take the money and run.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I honestly don't like the banner myself. The customer had pics he wanted to use. Then when I was going through my flames he saw these and wanted them and all the other junk. I wanted to redo it but he insists he likes the way it looks. ...

You might try to point out to the client that the object of this project is to generate business. In order to do that it's his potential customer base that must be, if not pleased, at least not disgusted at the sight of it.

Whether he likes the way it might look or not is a product of his sense of aesthetics or complete lack thereof, and has nothing whatsoever to do with the effectiveness of the banner.

thesignguy1986

Jill I love the banner you drew up. It's quick and simple but still appealing to the eye. That was something I would of much more liked then this. Will defintally try to keep that in mind next time customer comes in.