• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting 10mm corplast??

Kustom Kutz

Does anyone have a "GOOD" solution for cutting 10 mil corplast? The flutes run the 8' direction, cutting across flutes to make two 4 X 4 blanks. I was using a utility knife with a new blade and this will work eventually; however, I was searching for an easier or quicker route.

Thanks,
Wes

signmeup

If you don't have a table saw with a 4 foot rip capacity you can use a circular saw or jigsaw with a straight edge. I would think you could google the problem and get lots of tricky methods from woodworking sites. I use whatever blade is in the saw in case you wondered. (wear goggles.....coro throws a lot of chips)

Kustom Kutz

Thanks for everyone's responses. I bought a good straight edge today and a Irwin brand circular saw blade made for finishing wood, paneling, OSB, and plastic (150 tooth). It worked great! I was a little apprehensive using the circular saw (couldn't afford to mess up any of the sheets of corplast), but after you guys mentioned it, I figured I would be safe.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Wes