• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dampers

mustafade

Has any of you tried cleaning the dampers and re use it? I do not know why it can't be done or it would harm anything that is why I am asking.
Please give me your input.

MikePro

if you REALLY wanted to, i couldn't imagine it would be bad to reverse-flush the dampers, slowly, with a syringe and cleaning solution.

at the price to simply buy new ones... i doubt it would be worth your time/headache. Also, with new dampers you get new O-Rings... which are crucial to maintaining a proper seal for your ink-flow.

artbot

i've stuck them in a crappy harbour freight ultrasonic and they came out practically bleach white. if you are buying eight dampers for $64 ($8 each is about as cheap as they come), a $30 ultrasonic cleaner is still cheaper, and a good piece of hardware to have around. you can dunk your capping station, sink the print plate of your print head, etc also.

WrapperX

The biggest problem I have seen with trying to re-use or recycle a damper is the the rubber seal on the bottom that attaches to the manifolds are kind finicky - And for the cost - shop around. I've seen them very expensive and very cheap - but no differance in the product. I think when I was working on a JV3 we paid less then $15 for one damper and that was for the tall boys - not the minis.

mustafade

When we was replacing the head last week I had no choice but the buy MImaki dampers which $46.00 per piece which really hurt.
Every person I called did not have 8 on hand. Only people did have 8 was Mimaki.
This is why I asked if they can be refurbed.

mustafade

i've stuck them in a crappy harbour freight ultrasonic and they came out practically bleach white. if you are buying eight dampers for $64 ($8 each is about as cheap as they come), a $30 ultrasonic cleaner is still cheaper, and a good piece of hardware to have around. you can dunk your capping station, sink the print plate of your print head, etc also.
I already have one to clean my guns. What kind a mix do you use to clean the dampers or other ink jet goodies?

Artgunner

I just cleaned out an old one and are using it as a backup. Used cleaning solution. Same as what the printer uses and sryinge. Thought the damper might be my problem but I think it's elsewhere. That valve!!!

Fieldcenter, here on this forum, has JV33 dampers for 20.00 each. It took 3 days for me to get them from across the country.