• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dan antonelli...my resume sir!

visual800

I don't got no good college on a counta I quit cause I was creatively bored. Will you hire me now? I can run the southeat offices cause I ain't movin up north!

I love your retro stuff and the one thing that caught my eye was the odd red striped shape in your Nelson logo. I didnt care about the lettering or the layout it was that damn red shape that was striped. Odd how things jump out at us and grab us.

I was just rattling your cage sir, I am an admirer and I commend you on your work....but I just had to try it!!!!

Attachments

• retro [Converted].jpg
    retro [Converted].jpg
    50 KB · Views: 86

ProWraps

his amazing firm is knee deep in the entire re-branding of my company.

couldn't be happier :)

will release the cracken soon!

visual800

I also would like to know what they use over there to design (curious) I create everything is flexi as a base and then pull it over to illustrator for embellishments and shadowing. Flexi does things illy doesnt and vice versa

Attachments

• retro made.jpg
    retro made.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 88

visual800

I was wondering.... I am in Springfield, IL and I had not heard of Orchad Elevator or any new elevator being built.

we just came thru springfield back in december. visited the lincoln house and a licoln cemetary, stayed at the hampton off the interstate. nice town it was clean and man it was COLD!

phototec

I create everything is flexi as a base and then pull it over to illustrator for embellishments and shadowing. Flexi does things illy doesnt and vice versa

FYI

In your examples, you could have created the whole thing in Illy very easily, the top example is very easy to do in illy...

:thumb:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I know more about flexi than illy, i know I cant manipulate lettering as good as i can in flexi

I know Illustrator very well, and I used Flexi all the time because the distortions, shadows, offsets and effects rock! But after a while, I got tired of switching back and forth, plus Illustrator has somewhat caught up to most of the Flexi features... plus I cooled it on the effects because all my logos were looking the same.

Even though I eased up on the effects, outlines and shadows, it would be nice if Illy had them. I think Dan said he would hire me, if he moved to warm, sunny San Diego next to an In N Out and Tommy's Burger I'm there...

Dan Antonelli

Ha you guys are funny- and thanks for the props.

Thanks for the post and logo Visual! It funny how some logos hit people different - and that Nelson logo - the panel shape just works really well. I'm about done with their wrap layout and it's pretty cool. Its going on a Transit, which isn't my ideal canvas, but client already committed the purpose.

I just hired another designer - you just missed it! 13th employee. Crazy. I've gone from about 6 a year ago to 13. And I probably need another account exec next. We just landed a couple of huge gigs and some awesome projects. And we had taken over another 1000 sq ft of space at our location, and I gained 7 seats, and now I only have one desk left. Landlord wants us to move down the road to a 5000 sq ft place, which would be cool to build it out from ground up. Definitely blessed with a good crew and some great clients.

As for our tools of the trade design wise, all my staff except for me is on Illustrator. I still use Freehand, although I'm slowly learning Illustrator since the new Mac OS won't support Freehand. Although Illy is superior in some regards, the interface is driving me crazy and if I'm pressed for time, I revert back to Freehand because I can do what I want in a fraction of the time on Illustration (probably because I suck at it).

Stay tuned for the next book. I've got 90% written. Very pumped for it - some really cool stuff in it for both designers and business owners.

And the work we're doing for Pro Wraps, is pretty bad ***! He won't let me post it anywhere though, and I'm dying to share it because its pretty cool!!

Dan Antonelli

I know Illustrator very well, and I used Flexi all the time because the distortions, shadows, offsets and effects rock! But after a while, I got tired of switching back and forth, plus Illustrator has somewhat caught up to most of the Flexi features... plus I cooled it on the effects because all my logos were looking the same.

Even though I eased up on the effects, outlines and shadows, it would be nice if Illy had them. I think Dan said he would hire me, if he moved to warm, sunny San Diego next to an In N Out and Tommy's Burger I'm there...

Dude we didn't get out to San Diego this winter to meet our clients (damn Skype), and I'm dying for some In N Out.

Coincidentally, one of new accounts is for a similarly themed restaurant and I might need your help on that. Its soup to nuts - naming the restaurant, interior design, branding, signage, web, delivery vehicle, menus, web app for ordering.... yikes!!