• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dave Drane...

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
To all Letterheads & friends, I've just received a message from Liddy Drane. She says:

Hi - there is no gentle way of telling you this but Dave came off his Harley last night and unfortunately didn't survive. Our family and friends here in Oz have been wonderful but like me are trying to get their heads around what has happened.
x Liddy

Dave was one of the nicest blokes I know, and that is a really tough thing for poor Liddy up at Nambour. Very sorry to hear the tragic news...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Very sad news.
I only knew him through this forum but really enjoyed reading what he had to say.
He will be missed very much here.
Condolences to his family and close friends.

wayne k
guam usa

Lance

Such an amazing talent, such a huge loss.
Liddy, there are many standing with you.

A wonderful bloke.

Lance and Anne

geb

Were going to miss you Dave, thoughts and prayers with Liddy and family.

George

Rodi

I loved Dave Drane, he was a great man. We hadn't spoken in a while, but I am deeply saddend by this.

Malkin

He was a great guy and I always looked forward to seeing what he had to say. What a terrible loss. Our condolences to his family, friends, and community.

DizzyMarkus

Never good to hear of a fallen soul -- I did not know the man but all my prayers and best wishes to his family

Mark

Mason

Godspeed my brother. We'll see each other again.
My prayers to those youve left behind.
LRHB
JD-SPS HMMC.

Si Allen

R I P Dave.

Very sad news! My heartfelt condolences to Liddy!

Got to know Dave from Chat and the of trips that they made to Los Angeles.

He will sorely be missed

Arlo Kalon 2.0

This is very hard for me to handle right now. On their last trip to the States Dave and Liddy drove from Vegas to Texas so he could "shake my hand" (his words). They spent the weekend with us and I gained what I thought would be lifelong friends. They invited us to come to Australia to visit them as well and we were planning to do just that. I have a fond memory of taking them to Billy Bob's nightclub where a Harley owner's group was having a meeting. As soon as Dave realized who they were, he asked for the microphone from the speaker and asked "are Australians allowed in here?", he then produced his owner's group membership card for them. They asked him what his club name was and the room erupted into laughter when he said "Muscles". For those of you who haven't met him, he is a physical replica of Barney Fife. Dave was all smiles walking out of the room and said that was the highlight of his trip. I just can't take this in right now... and my heart is broken for Liddy. You could tell they had a great, long, loving marriage and partnership. This is a very sad day in our house indeed.

skyhigh

That is terrible news. Dave was truly an inspiration in the way he led his life & marriage. Also to signs101 and the industry.

I will miss Dave. I wish I had the pleasure to meet him in person.