• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Deadbeat Customer

tcorn1965

DT......I don't think you got my point. To start with you are still calling this theif a "customer" Aren't "customers" people whom you make money off from? You haven't made any money from these people3 so that make you their mark. They are going to make an effort to get you paid???????Please tell me you are not that stupid. You should have gotten a hold of the sheriffs dept. in the county where this dead beat live and found out exactly what you have to do to have this theif arrested for theft of services. If he lives out of state I would contact the FBI and if the goods and check were sent throught the mail I would be contacting the US Postal service about mail fraud. Have them arrested then if you get your money drop the charges. If you are going to complain about this problem atleast grow a couple of stones and do something about it!!!!!!
As for you seeing no benifit from outing them......well I'm just glad I don't have to depend on you to watch my back.

+1

andy

Masked Man... Please - D&T is a smooth dude, and an excellent MM here. Top quality, priced right, & dependable. Take it easy on him.

Reasonable & professional when it comes to the inevitable issue of managing bad debts as well.... from the look of it.

I'm impressed by the calmness and the reasonable approach being taken here... it is important to get your money but it's also important to keep a cool head and a sense of perspective.... and not come across as some rage fueled nut job with anger management "issues".

TheSnowman

Glad you got it worked out Dennis. I always tell people all you have to do is communicate with me. If you can't pay it, fine, explain the scenario to me, I'm a reasonable guy...don't dodge the bullet.

I can tell you, that legal action usually doesn't do crap. ESPECIALLY out of state work. Well, at least small claims. I've had better luck w/ a credit collecting agency than anything. I wish we could all just do business w/ each other and always get paid right when the job was ordered, etc, but sadly...that's not the real world.

SignManiac

I'm with Lone Ranger 100%. I'm old too. But I would have hunted the non paying customer down and re-poed the shirts right off their back on Christmas morning!!!

Techman

Whats with this keep it within the MM gang? Is the MM becoming an exclusive club? No way, Working with someone for months and getting no response is way more than enough time to man up.

If I could not pay I would call and say so. I would ask for some time and eventually pay up. That is how a person man's up.

In another case.. Keeping secrets enables the real deadbeats to continue their ripping of others. Maybe this case just needed a little prodding. Sure. But in others the deadbeat should be outed. I would expect nothing less.

LoneRanger01

Yes professional and reasonable approch......what has that gotten him? Another excuse and lie, medical issues and he will make an effort to pay the bill. Now I ask you people who here is so stupid that they do not know that this is the same as saying the check is in the mail.

You say I am a nut job with anger management issues....I say I am a hard core business man that is not out 800 dollars. Being nice is for social networks, taking girls out on dates, and acting in church. Scammers cruise these boards looking for nice people, they make easy marks when it comes to businesses. Take the old time traveling salesman. they would leave a mark on the fence, house or gate of Nice people so the next magazine salesmaqn or any other salesman comming by would know this place houses an easy mark. And believe it or not the easiest person to scam is the person that has already been scammed once. Starting out in business no one can afford to be nice. Sure you have to do every thing you can to get customers and to keep them happy, but you never Never never let the customer cheat you out of your hard earned money. As I've said before I even had a person arrested over a two dollar and change check that bounced for cab fair. Nice people in business might do well, most just get by and wonder why but none never do great. You have to have a killer instict in you blood to do great in business. And I can tell you after you do great in your business the rules change. You get to choose your customers and you make the rules on how you do your business, not the customer.
OK, you people want to pee on his back and tell him it's raining go right ahead and be nice. He will have learned nothing and a business man who can not learn from and how to correct his mistakes will not be in business for very long.......esspecially making 800 dollar mistakes!
HAVE THIS PERSON ARRESTED AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Bly

What burns me about this kind of thing is he HAD your money when he onsold the products, then spent your money on something else instead of giving it straight to you. Shame.

Fatboy

Yes professional and reasonable approch......what has that gotten him? Another excuse and lie, medical issues and he will make an effort to pay the bill. Now I ask you people who here is so stupid that they do not know that this is the same as saying the check is in the mail.

You say I am a nut job with anger management issues....I say I am a hard core business man that is not out 800 dollars. Being nice is for social networks, taking girls out on dates, and acting in church. Scammers cruise these boards looking for nice people, they make easy marks when it comes to businesses. Take the old time traveling salesman. they would leave a mark on the fence, house or gate of Nice people so the next magazine salesmaqn or any other salesman comming by would know this place houses an easy mark. And believe it or not the easiest person to scam is the person that has already been scammed once. Starting out in business no one can afford to be nice. Sure you have to do every thing you can to get customers and to keep them happy, but you never Never never let the customer cheat you out of your hard earned money. As I've said before I even had a person arrested over a two dollar and change check that bounced for cab fair. Nice people in business might do well, most just get by and wonder why but none never do great. You have to have a killer instict in you blood to do great in business. And I can tell you after you do great in your business the rules change. You get to choose your customers and you make the rules on how you do your business, not the customer.
OK, you people want to pee on his back and tell him it's raining go right ahead and be nice. He will have learned nothing and a business man who can not learn from and how to correct his mistakes will not be in business for very long.......esspecially making 800 dollar mistakes!

What a lot of crap....whipe your mouth!

CES020

Yeah, throwing someone in jail always makes the situation better. What a load of crap. If someone's broke and owes you money, if you inflict more personal issues on them, like throwing them in jail, do you think that's going to make them more likely to pay you? That's non sense.

There is a long list of very large businesses in this world that got big BECAUSE they treated people well, not because they had a "take no prisoners" attitude.

John Butto

If someone goes to your business and steals $800 and you tell the police who it is, he will go to jail, healthy or not. I am with the Lone Ranger on this one. Microsoft is a large company, if you stole their software worth $800, you go to jail. If you do not pay your electric bill it gets shut off, sick or not. I do not know of any large corporation letting you slide on a $800 bill.

CES020

Yeah, you'll probably get your money MUCH faster if they are sitting in jail. We all know sitting in jail reaps huge profits and rewards. If someone is working for a living and they are using they wages to pay you back money they owe you, you have them arrested, now they loose their job and they are sitting in jail. Yeah, that's a recipe for getting paid, having someone fired and sitting in jail.

There are a lot of people that don't pay child support sitting in jail right now. How many of them do you think are paying the child support now? Zero? Taking someone's ability to earn money and pay you back away is like handing a person drowning a lead backpack.

andy

You'll probably find that there are more people who think like CES020 and I.... attitude and "niceness" are things we specifically look for.

If you choose to run a business along hard @rsed lines where being "nice" goes out the window you won't get ANY business from people like us.

If you aren't a nice guy who acts in a calm, professional and above all reasonable manner no matter what problems come your way then quite frankly I'm not interested in you or your business. I don't give a cr@p what you're selling or how much it costs.

If you're prepared to call the coppers over a £2.50 taxi bill then I'm giving you a very, very, very wide berth... I don't need the hassle or the drama.

Incidentally, I find not letting someone waltz off with $800's worth or goods & services in the first place is a really good solution. I'm a nice guy but banker I am not... if you want credit I can't help... you don't pay you don't get....

John Butto

"There are a lot of people that don't pay child support sitting in jail right now. How many of them do you think are paying the child support now? Zero? Taking someone's ability to earn money and pay you back away is like handing a person drowning a lead backpack."

People sitting in jail who do not pay child support have been given numerous opportunities to pay, The court system takes years to give people time to do this. They are in jail because the court realizes after a while that they are deadbeats. And if someone owed me $800 and all things on my part failed to get it, a lead backpack is a good idea.

JimJenson

a bounced check is fairly serious. if you still have it see if the bank will run it again. if it fails contact the local clerk of courts in their county/city and see about getting a warrant. police or sherif will serve the warrant and I imagine you will be paid very quickly.

Ditto- passing a worthless check is a crime in most if not all states. If someone refuses to honer their worthless check, you will have become a victim of theft. The threat of jail can be the greatest collection agency.

FS-Keith

Yeah, throwing someone in jail always makes the situation better. What a load of crap. If someone's broke and owes you money, if you inflict more personal issues on them, like throwing them in jail, do you think that's going to make them more likely to pay you? That's non sense.

There is a long list of very large businesses in this world that got big BECAUSE they treated people well, not because they had a "take no prisoners" attitude.

Im sorry, are you defending a theft of services crime? It does not require any determent or punishment? I have a ton of work for your shop then, you dont mind delivering on time and me not paying then right?