• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Deadbeat Customer

S'N'S

Writing a bad cheque in this country isn't a criminal offence... the Police aren't interested and won't get involved.

By your logic I should have been stripped clean by thieves and scammers..... in fact I've never once lost money through a bounced cheque.

How so I hear you cry? A cheque isn't money...not until it clears. You can pay me by cheque but don't hold your breath for immediate delivery... you'll wait until the cheque clears. If you want it "now" you'll have to pay by credit card.

It's a VERY simple process and require no intervention by Chuck Norris or the FBI.

Same here Andy, if I went to the cops and said Joe Bloggs just bounced a cheque on me they wouldn't give a crap, laugh and say "tell someone who cares".....I don't accept cheques unless I know the person really well as it's near impossible to get the money if it bounces.

Last edited by a moderator:

D&Tgraphics

OK I know I said I wasn't going to post anymore on this thread but I just have to say thank God that psycho looney Lone Ranger is gone. :rock-n-roll:

Farmboy

Worth the price of admission. It was kind of Fred to take mercy as I'm sure he could see L. R. getting tired from that hole he was digging.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow, I thought that masked man was making sense and had some logic that I agreed with in business, but just not his approach.

While some of the things he said were good, I'm glad to see Dennis took the high road and got his problem solved.

Sometimes, we all must take a gamble and go by our gut feeling. This is just what Dennis did and eventually it paid off. Sure, he got caught for a while, but more valuable is the lesson he learned and shared with us all. NOW, we all know to at least charge for said product before it leaves our shop and be sure to keep open lines of communication as clear and clean as possible.

In the years of being a Merchant Member here, I've been stung twice...... and there were a lot of transactions. Both times for very small amounts, but I finally found myself being wary of people even here at s101. Most are 100% upstanding, but there will always be a hiccup along the way and you don't want to seal off your mouth to spite your bad taste.

• I would like to explain something that I believe some of you mistakenly took the wrong way.
I don't think the Merchant Members are a secret club or anything of the likes, but we are supposed to be the suppliers of many products and services here at :signs101:. Other than being nosy, why would anyone need to know who Dennis did business with and for how much... or any other details of a possible faulty transaction ?? As regular members, there's no way you can be burnt by this individual or any other individual that burns someone else. Alerting other Merchant Members is not a secret but a responsibility we have to each other. Should others whom are not Merchant Members be burnt by such an individual take place, well, than that's one of the downsides to not paying for a Merchant Membership and doing it by the rules.

While being a Merchant Member here and providing quite a nice amount of work for many here... I still voice my opinion and try to help where I can. Not everyone agrees with me, but I still partake in most areas.

Techman

If the mm's want to warn each other about a bad transaction so be it. Just let the non MM's get burned.

See it creates a cast system. Good luck with that.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Tech.........

How could someone [a regular member] get burned ??

Seriously, like I said.... money is not supposed to be changing hands between non Merchant Members..... unless I'm missing something here.

This is not a social club, so I don't see how we are creating a caste system. This is about business and certain people paying to be in that position as Merchants, we need to communicate on such matters. If someone not doing business here seems to think they have a right to know, that's between that individual and the person doing business.... on either end.

What Dennis did was to take a most successful course. He vented, took the high road and got paid while many here or at least those reading this thread have seen first hand....how taking the high road saved everyone embarrassment and still got the job done. Sure, we now know we all have to be more careful and for those in the non-job swapping categories should tighten up a bit. Had he had several unpaid invoices and this person was a menace on the site, it would be my idea to discuss it with Fred and take further measures at that time. Sometimes people are in embarrassing situations and have trouble getting it together, while Dennis gave all the benefit of the doubt and no one suffered.

Again, I don't see how this effects people not doing business with others should have to know this person's name, unless you have another agenda.

If anyone is on a need-to-know basis.... could you explain why or how this person's name would or could possibly benefit you..... business-wise ??

D&Tgraphics

Gino,
Your last 2 posts were spot on. I couldn't have said it better myself. (seriously I couldn't.) I'm not to good with puttin' the words together and such like you are. :notworthy: You have a much better way of saying things.

Techman

How could someone [a regular member] get burned ??

How does any one get burned? One gets burned when he/ she is not aware of a problem.
If I order from someone who fails to deliver then I get burned Yes or no?
If a lame transaction appears and this laamer ID is kept within the MM's then the other members will never know. Yes or No?

I feel any talk about keeping lame transactions a secret within the just the MM group is wrong and is not up to the members of any group to make such a decision. Either the lame transactions are kept in the private back ground between the parties or they are outed to all.

I also feel that posting a post like this is just asking for a problem. This thread itself is a prime example of the divisiveness of such a post. A thread asking for help but keeping the ID a secret is causes drama as illustrated by this whole thread. Either keep it quiet or be ready to tell all.

There is no "regular" member here. It is either MM, or premium sub or not. We are all equal members of this site and some have paid for the privilege to sell their wares here and some have paid for access to other areas. Yes or no?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How does any one get burned? One gets burned when he/ she is not aware of a problem.

How does that happen to affect you or others ??

If I order from someone who fails to deliver then I get burned Yes or no?
If a lame transaction appears and this laamer ID is kept within the MM's then the other members will never know. Yes or No?

Yes, again how does this affect you ??

I feel any talk about keeping lame transactions a secret within the just the MM group is wrong and is not up to the members of any group to make such a decision. Either the lame transactions are kept in the private back ground between the parties or they are outed to all.

They are all kinds of gimmicks to make a deadbeat pay and this OP did just that.

I also feel that posting a post like this is just asking for a problem. This thread itself is a prime example of the divisiveness of such a post. A thread asking for help but keeping the ID a secret is causes drama as illustrated by this whole thread. Either keep it quiet or be ready to tell all.

There are so many secrets kept in this place, it ain't even funny.
Do you realize just how many people know very little about with whom they are dealing

There is no "regular" member here. It is either MM, or premium sub or not. We are all equal members of this site and some have paid for the privilege to sell their wares here and some have paid for access to other areas. Yes or no?

Yes.

If free selling and trade were permitted among ALL members, then you would be correct. From what I understand, 'Premium' members and regular members are not allowed to sell to others from a point of.... they are not permitted to do so by the rules of this site. That's the reason and purpose for getting Merchant Members... to help promote themselves, their wares and help finance this site. Therefore, just like any place of business, we pay for a privilege to do business here. The others don't. So, it's a rule that no one out there, other than Merchant Members, can be burnt by someone that is not paying bills or doing some sort of devious acts. Should someone be doing business on the side here.... it's on them and in my opinion too bad if they get burnt. They didn't pay for the upgraded privileges.

I know a certain amount of commerce takes place here and it's basically tolerated, but that doesn't mean we have to accept it.

When a regular member puts his/her website in their signature.... when they PM other members trying to get business, when they solicit threads or requests for pricing... even if the OP isn't being specific, they are treading on Merchant Member 's toes, cheating and disobeying the rules of the site. It's the same mentality everyone has for lowballers. They are cheating the system. It's set up one way and is entirely too hard for three administrators to enforce it, therefore it is overlooked when many people, in fact, are cheating the rules here.

It's far from a a club or anything as private as you see it. I belong to many clubs in my area and if you're not a member, you can't come in. You have to either be a guest or invited to join. Kinda tough to get your foot in the door. However, here it's different. Just pay at the door and you can be a Merchant Member or get in for free and start advertising for as long as you can get away with it.

So, why would I... or any other Merchant Member want to help save someone from doing wrongful business here any favors ??

It's being considerate of one's own environment regardless of your business ethics that distinguishes between knowing certain information.

Just how many disgruntled members would there be, if they weren't a Merchant Member and have their contact information posted in their signature be upset for having it deleted ??

I can understand someone new not knowing these rules and after being told... removing such information, but to tell people of a rotten egg is no one's business, if they aren't doing business with them on the up & up.

Also, the person did eventually pay up which makes it even that more unneeded.