• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Delay in goods for civil unrest?

Stacey K

I like making signs
Not a happy day today. Police came in the shop today and warned me about a protest taking place outside my business tonight, or on my street. We have a few thousand people.Will it get out of hand? Probably not but still makes me nervous, I have a large glass window and a glass entrance door. And now I just looked online for my tracking info because I'm also waiting on some vinyl for 2 trucks and a trailer set up for tomorrow and Friday...it's delayed by UPS due to "Civil Unrest".

First it's corona delays, now "civil unrest"...what is next!

Anyone having delays like this? I'm guessing in Chicago since it's coming from Michigan.

I'm going to head to the garden and watch my tomato plants grow with a beer...:confused:

Last edited:

WildWestDesigns

Yep, quite a few towns around here have been acting up. Actually had 2 protests in Nashville (2nd one actually went peacefully, but the National Guard was here), another one scheduled for Thursday evening as well.

The tourist area was really hit hard over the weekend as far as looters goes.

A digitizing customer of mine up in KY had moved her machines out of her shop (thankfully she just had desktop machines) to take home in case something happened to her shop.

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Yikes! That's a tough situation. Your store is part of your house? Hard to walk away from your home and hope they pass it up or insurance covers whatever happens. Stay safe and don't listen to Biden - aim for center mass.

Fuel Media

Hope all went okay last night :) was talking about this the otherday with a friend that has a print shop in another town where protests are planded this weekend ... even if you board up windows ect ect ect they will still tear thought if they want to ... and the end of the day if sh*t hits the fan inventory and equipment can be replaced easy enough ( yeah it should have to happen but this is where we are today ) the client files are woth 10000000 x more that the rest .. in moments of unrest take home your computewr towers laptops hard drive backups ect .... thats what will save you if sh*t does happen

Delays on delivery have been hell for the last couple months i can understand we are all going thought hell at the moment but 14 day delay on delivery from 150 kms ive started sending the shop hand out for and afternoon drive to pick up direct instead of waiting

Stacey K

I like making signs
Yikes! That's a tough situation. Your store is part of your house? Hard to walk away from your home and hope they pass it up or insurance covers whatever happens. Stay safe and don't listen to Biden - aim for center mass.
The shop is a few blocks from my house, thankfully!

Jeremiah

I thought if you were closer to Milwaukee you would have those protests. Your town map is crazy. 2 counties, one section of your town is connected to the other by a thin road. That would make me protest too

Stacey K

I like making signs
Happy to report all went well. There was a quite a bit of antagonizing by the organizer and name-outing on FB of local "racist rednecks" (Trump supporters). She only had about 75-100 protesters show up and no counter-protesters from what I know of. Lots of cops but no issues. They were done after 2 hours and went home.

There was another post going around and people were ready for anything that might happen. I felt good when I left work that all would be well. Small towns rock!

Last edited:

Stacey K

I like making signs
I thought if you were closer to Milwaukee you would have those protests. Your town map is crazy. 2 counties, one section of your town is connected to the other by a thin road. That would make me protest too
LOL! Yes, it's really strange...I think it was originally divided by the train tracks and the town grew over the tracks into the next county.

WildWestDesigns

Happy to report all went well. There was a quite a bit of antagonizing by the organizer and name-outing on FB of local "racist rednecks" (Trump supporters), she was trying to stir the pot but it didn't work. She only had about 75-100 protesters show up and NO counter-protesters. Lots of cops but no issues. They got bored after 2 hours and went home.

There was another post going around stating the townspeople were going to stand up to whatever happens - and believe me - the town was locked and loaded just in case. Many, many, MANY people commented they were ready. I felt much better leaving work knowing there were volunteer townspeople watching every street, every house and every business - AND watching out for our police! I have nothing to worry about going forward! Small towns rock!

There is definitely a difference between small town and big city. Country folk versus city folk (and I speak as a native of Plano (bit city), however, my family is a family of hunters and my maternal grandfather, if he gave you 5 bullets, you were expected to come back with 5 pieces of game, didn't and you didn't eat that day) are something to behold.

I do find it ironic that people that couldn't think of a single reason to own a gun and were against gun ownership, found a reason when they called 911 and cops said that the city was tearing itself apart, what did "you" expect them to do? They were told to protect themselves as best that they could. I know some people that on a good day, it would take cops 30 minutes to get out to where they are at, imagine how long that would be on these not so good days?

dypinc

You get want you vote for. If that is really what they voted for or did their votes not count?

WildWestDesigns

You get want you vote for. If that is really what they voted for or did their votes not count?

Depends on what voting your are talking about.

Most people tend to worry more about the Presidential voting. Unless one lives in a jurisdiction that requires the electoral college to vote the way that the popular vote for their state went, then no, it doesn't matter who the public votes for (and I can actually understand why its setup that way). This actually has been shown I think 5 times. 4 or 5 times, somewhere around there to be the case.

I also firmly believe that some groups are the flip side of the same coin of the people that they vilify (that's the irony of what's going on).

But I digress.

dypinc

I am not talking about voting on the national level. What I am talking about is local communities and cities where it appears that blacks are taken advantage of and racism runs ramped. And told if they don't vote a certain way they ain't black. Only an f----un racist would say something like that. And then the bought and paid for rioters show up take advantage of them as well. I would be pissed and protest also.

I suppose these truths will be considered political so go ahead and delete it.

WildWestDesigns

I am not talking about voting on the national level. What I am talking about is local communities and cities where it appears that blacks are taken advantage of and racism runs ramped. And told if they don't vote a certain way they ain't black. Only an f----un racist would say something like that. And then the bought and paid for rioters show up take advantage of them as well. I would be pissed and protest also.

I suppose these truths will be considered political so go ahead and delete it.

I don't think people pay much attention to the local level (sure some do, but I would say the majority do not (atleast 51%). Like I said, most pay attention at the national level. But there are some areas that do have minorities in charge and yet still have rampant issues.

I think things are getting distorted and that's the sad thing. There are issues, but when it gets muddled up with politics and then weaponized, the true issue gets obfuscated and lost and more harm then good happens.

d fleming

Our shop is in a little town near a big one. Jacksonville had all kind of craziness last weekend but nothing here thank goodness. Looters would never have made it out of our little burg alive.

dypinc

Our shop is in a little town near a big one. Jacksonville had all kind of craziness last weekend but nothing here thank goodness. Looters would never have made it out of our little burg alive.

And why they only show up in Criminal Protection Zones.