• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design for our new Truck

stoneandtle

I wanted to toss out an idea...what about wrapping the words around the wheel-well? I couldn't find an easy way to make the fonts stand out, so don't go overboard on how it doesn't look right. Just wanted to offer a suggestion if it hasn't been thought of yet...

Attachments

• colorado signs and wraps.jpg
    colorado signs and wraps.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 69

COOKY

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm not saying you would want anything similar... but my truck is similar & I had a tough time thinking of something... but when I did this for a live demo at the auto show, I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it for almost 3 years before I got tired of it:

http://islandsignmaui.com/wp- Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz content/uploads/2009/09/42v.JPG

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Jillbeans

I did say it was a trailer trash rendering.
I'm not a wrap designer and I don't know how to tile things properly.
(probably never will)
The first two pix are Maxfield Parrish drawings.
The first is the one I tried to use, with mountains.
I put up the second one so you can see the mountain silhouette I was trying to describe.
I had this original print without the ad but lost it in a divorce.
You could also use something based on the colorful images of Peter Max.
Or if you want really colorful and candy-like there is always Lisa Frank.
:smile:
FMG let's see some of your brilliant ideas.
All you ever do on here is whine. Need some cheese?
I have a nice jar of limburger for you.
:smile:

Attachments

• maxfield parrish atlas.jpg
    maxfield parrish atlas.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 76
  • maxfield parrish contentment.jpg
    maxfield parrish contentment.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 77
  • PETER+MAX-1.jpg
    PETER+MAX-1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 83
  • official_peter_max_image.jpg
    official_peter_max_image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 63
  • lisa frank.jpg
    lisa frank.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 77

fmg

Why do you say that Bob? I can't wait to see what fabulous non-lame fonts he chooses. Maybe he makes his own like Jill. This should be a real treat!
I don't normally do this thing to prove myself and I know what I am capable of.Most of you are way to quick to assume here before you even see what others capabilities are.

Here is just a very VERY quick idea for fonts and by no means does this have to be color choice.
Just an idea.
Have a great day everyone!

Attachments

• cswrap mock up.jpg
    cswrap mock up.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 71

Jillbeans

FMG...buddy, I am seriously underwhelmed.
When have you ever seen something cast a white drop shadow?
And it seems you have your finger on the distortion button a bit too much.
But I am really glad you finally posted something.
Thanks.
The blue is not a bad color choice at all.

HulkSmash

I don't normally do this thing to prove myself and I know what I am capable of.Most of you are way to quick to assume here before you even see what others capabilities are.

Here is just a very VERY quick idea for fonts and by no means does this have to be color choice.
Just an idea.
Have a great day everyone!

I honestly like the concept. I know it was just a quickie. Thanks for the idea.

CES020

What's the significance of the graphic everyone keep saying looks like candy? For so many people to say it looks like sugar coated fruit, is that really the image you want to stick with as the background? Red flags are going off in all the comments, but you keep using that same background.

W

wetgravy

ugh, not feeling the candy at all. I've always been a fan of one thing in wraps ... photos that are made specifically for graphics. If you want candy or candy-ish shapes, a decent camera, specific color schemed candy/gelatinous shaped forms, and good lighting can help in ways that won't be HUGE shapes killing your design. I would bring the candy size down by half so it appears more as noise in the background and not an earth quake. Also, with a yellow truck, black/white text and multi colored candy ... just looks cheap. Try finding some yellow and purple or yellow and blue candies and see if a simple dual color scheme for them will help with the overall design aethetic you are hoping to achieve.

CES020

Have you considering hiring a professional to do the graphics? :tongue::tongue:

(sorry, I always wanted to know what that felt like) :Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh

signmeup

Well kudos for posting somethimg fmg! I fail to see how it's any more or less lame a font than any of the other ones presented so far but at least I can read it. (can't read the phone # font though)

laserman70

I am not a fan of the candy looking background.
I went to your site and saw the on vehicle you have wrapped (or photoshopped)
Why not go with that same theme but invert the colors. Keep the yellow, add the background you have on that vehicle.

Attachments

• coloradosigns.jpg
    coloradosigns.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 61

HulkSmash

I am not a fan of the candy looking background.
I went to your site and saw the on vehicle you have wrapped (or photoshopped)
Why not go with that same theme but invert the colors. Keep the yellow, add the background you have on that vehicle.

that vehicles gone. time for a change!