• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Destroy craigslist lowballers

mark galoob

im happy to report that i have destroyed most of the lowballers on dfw craigslist. i report them prohibited every time i see them, and they get flagged and removed...craigslist does not even seem to actually look at them they just auto remove them.

:rock-n-roll:

i move to create a special holiday to commemorate this event and hopfully get others of us to follow suit. join me and together we can RULE the craigslist galaxy as FATHA And SON....muhahahaha sorry on rant now

mark galoob

TwoNine

Not trying to stir the pot - but is it really Prohibited to display ads on CL? Just curious....

Flame

As much as I hate CL lowballers, it's almost equal to how much I hate people who flag stuff just because they don't agree with it.

Sorry. No cake for you.

mark galoob

im talking bout 1000 bus cards for 35 bucks, or 5000 postcards for 49 bucks, or banners for 1.50/ sq foot or screen print for some ridiculas price...

this is helping to promote the downfall of our industry.

mark galoob

if they choose to sell their wares for those prices...that is their business decision. If they are not doing anything illegal or fraudulent, I don't understand reporting them just because YOU don't agree with their pricing. Sounds juvenille to me.

natedawg9640

i dont agree with it. and i can almost guarantee my prices are higher than yours. if customers wanna pay virtually nothing, and are satisfied with crap, then they are likely the type of customers that i don't want to deal with anyway. i dont depend on craigslist surfers as my client base... i don't think ANYONE should be.

fitnesspro1

Ever hear of the free market?

I am that DFW Craigslist sign guy. I never post my prices. Only that I have very good prices because I keep my overhead low by working out of the shop on my property that happens to be paid for.

My wife and I have been so busy with repeat business (because we provide a quality product on time for a little less than most) that we have not had a need to post ad ad on Craigslist in the past few months.

We mostly serve small business owners that can't or won't afford the prices of a regular sign shop.

We make a profit. Our customers get more business. The economy gets better. Other businesses have more money to buy signs from you.
Everyone wins.

Sorry it does not fit your ideal business model.

Techman

Only that I have very good prices because I keep my overhead low by working out of the shop

Just because you can does not mean you should. Charge more and make more profit. Charge a super low price and you set a bench mark that is not only unreasonable but hurtful to those who really know how to run a real business.

I agree with others, just because you don't agree with their prices doesn't mean that you should flag their posts. Let them run themselves into the ground, and more so if the customer is price shopping for the lowest price, you probably don't want them as a customer anyways.

phototec

Sounds like maybe you are trying to sell on Craigslist and can't compete with the low-ballers prices?

Last time I looked, AMERICA was still a FREE country (I fought for that right 18 months in Vietnam), and although I HATE flag burners, they have every RIGHT to burn the flag, that's what sets us apart from all the other countries that are run like police states.

You are NOT the Gestapo, you don't have the right to stomp on anyone else or their RIGHT to make a living anyway they choose.

Just because you don't agree or like there pricing, does NOT give you more rights then they have.

So, get down off your high horse and concentrate on your business, this in NOT a police state yet!

:wavingflag:

SignManiac

My business has never been impacted by anyone who sells on CL... I could care less what other companies sell their wares for. My prices are just that, my prices. That's what I base my business on.