• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you hold Merchant Members to a higher standard?

Do you hold Merchant Members to a higher standard?

• I think Merchant Members should conduct themselves in a professional manner on Signs101

Votes: 37 72.5%
  • I think Merchant Members should unload on anyone they want here at Signs101

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I am less likely to deal with that Merchant Member because I see them as unprofessional

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • I will do business with them to get what I want

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I use restraint and professionalism with customers that say something I don’t like

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • I unload on any customer in my shop that says something I don’t like

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Bradster941

I’ve been reading this thread http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14052
and it reminded me of another Merchant member a few months back that had to attack and bash anyone that didn’t agree with his point of view and also to reply to every post that was more positive to, I guess, make himself look better.

In the end, I didn’t even consider that Merchant Member when I needed what he was selling because of his attitude. Why would I deal with someone that has the attitude that their opinion is the only opinion that maters and will attack anyone who doesn’t see things their way?
Also, how many of you act this way when someone comes into your shop and tells you that you are, say, charging to much?

So, when a Merchant Member acts this way, -à take the Poll

Checkers

I never did bother to read all of that thread because I knew where it was going as soon as it was started. There are some here that were bashing the product and vendor long before the vendor signed on as a supporter.
So, even though I expect my vendors to be professional, I will not hold it against them if they get into a tussle - when instigated.
I do want to add that I will pass judgement and hold a grudge against anyone when, or where I interpret them to be looking for or causing trouble.

Checkers

Derf

I think their actions speak for them self's... I have the power not to buy from them if I choose. or buy from them if I choose!

Steve C.

Like Checkers, I never bothered reading it. But I think I will spend some time
looking it over tonight. Then I may vote.

Actually, I don't need to read the thread to vote, I think EVERYONE should
conduct themselves in a professional manner here and in the shop. I think
there are way too many rude comments made when they are totaly uncalled
for. But I would not buy a product from someone just because they happen
to be a nice guy. Likewise, if someone has a product that I need and will
increase my profits, I would buy the product reguardless of his or her personality.
Unless of course someone has that same product who is more pleasant to do
business with.

Last edited:

Flame

I'll buy product if it works. Who cares if the owner is pushy. Especially if others push him.

I find myself not caring if the owner if Toyota is a jerk, why should I care if Rapid Tac is or is not?

Derf

Hey... I like my Toyota!... Never breaks down! Unlike my Ford and Chevy that broke down all the time!
thread%20jacked.gif

Mark L

As a merchant member I don't think we should be held to a higher standard we are just selling a product. As human we should be held
to a higher standard its easy to get caught up in the drama especially
on a forum where you are typing and not talking face to face.
I am not one to preach but its better to treat someone the way you
would want to be treated and I sometimes have to remind myself that.:peace!:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I stayed away from one of the threads but I have seen the feud on one product for the last few years and I have to say It got old 3 years ago and made a mess of Signweb which at the time was the better sign forum....give it up and let the man sell his stuff.....and don't bring that crap over here.

skyhigh

The last "Merchant Member" bash was started because the guy didn't want to/ or have the time to, offer up a tutorial. I never understood what that had to do with his wholesale digital printing business.

If I remember correctly, the people that were slamming Ink, are the same people slamming Roger.

Bigdawg

Just Me
As a merchant member I feel like I represent my company. For the most part I conduct myself as I do in my shop. Like I said - for the most part...

This board (as has been said many times) is like a big family. Sometimes there are skirmishes and disagreements and almost everybody here has probably said something at one time or another that they wish they could take back. Same with us merchant members. I did read (and post) the thread in question and it got pretty ugly on both the merchant member's side and in some of the posts. It's not the same tone I would have taken to address the issues, but to each his own. I just wouldn't want that to be how my company is represented...

If I remember correctly, the people that were slamming Ink, are the same people slamming Roger.

Not so sure Sky. Although we never have and never will, slamming Roger seems to be a national pastime (on forums)...and I even actually think he (Roger) loves the extra publicity. ALL publicity can have a positive effect if you put the right spin on it - which I think Roger has expertly done.

Stacy - Not sure how or when it happenned, but even though you are a MM, you helpfulness and kindness supercedes any and all family skirmishes. The prior issues with another MM (not Roger) came from excessively insulting boasting, without the offset of helpfulness. Having said that...can hubby now hang his shirts in your shop?? :biggrin:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, if I contributed in a negative way towards :signs101: ... in that last thread….
I most humbly apologize.

I wouldn’t hold anyone up to a higher or lower standard for their beliefs, professionalism, or any other cultural tendencies than my own. No man or woman should ever be judged on those characteristics; unless they hurt others is the process. Whether we are professional merchants, business people or just civilian John Doe… we’re all equal and we should all act it. Do stupid things and you’ll pay for them in any walk of life. Do commendable things and you’ll reap the rewards.

Me personally, I hold no grudge towards Rog or his product. I will stop there, cause this is getting tough... and hope that others can do the same. :peace!:

I’m just glad he’s out on the West Coast’ LOLOLOL

Bradster941

It’s pretty hard to express your thoughts so people will view them as you see them in a post.

Pro Signs & Graphics nailed it for me with this;

Stacy - Not sure how or when it happenned, but even though you are a MM, you helpfulness and kindness supercedes any and all family skirmishes. The prior issues with another MM (not Roger) came from excessively insulting boasting, without the offset of helpfulness. Having said that:biggrin:

Though I don’t think the “Big Dawg” Stacy has ever marketed her services here, any and everything she has said on this Forum has always been positive and informative, even when she was disagreeing and slapping someone’s hands for being out of line.
As with the Privilege of being a Merchant Member here, for some reason this is what I expect from those granted that honor. Don’t ask me why, I just do.

In the Thread that is now Closed I must say I was disappointed that Rogers son listed me as a group of 8 out of 5,000 members that attacked Rapid Tach and his Father. And, I don’t see where the other 7 members of this “Posse” attacked the product, but just the arrogance of the CEO.
I’m pretty sure that 5,000 people don’t, as nice as it would be, visit this site on a daily or weekly basis leaving 4,992 that support him and his fathers actions here. ( Kind of like stacking the Deck there don’t you think ) ? :rolleyes:

Also I would add, I didn’t “attack” the product Rapid Tach in any way, shape or form, nor did I attack Roger. Heck, I’ve never used it but was planning to, yet jr. says I did. ‘Oh well, the apple always falls close to the tree.

Geary

Standards Schmandards

Hey Bradster,

I think that people who start polls should be held to the highest standard of all.

:tongue: JUST TEASING!!!!!!

Okay, seriously, I don't see ANY difference at all.... if you pay to be a merchant member here ....or if you just come on board to reply and state opinions. Your conduct and how you present things here (or anywhere) says it all anyhow.

I don't like politics in arenas like this. It's like a "shop environment" here , right? At least that's how I view everyone here. And you know how it is when you have to work with someone who is a turd as opposed to the cool people....right? Same thing here. Some people stink to some and others think the same people are cool. Go figure.

~Gear

Techman

I think this thread is just another means to bash a vendor.
I think bashing any sponsor is in bad taste and NOT in the best interest of this forum especially when the bashing is based on personality conflicts and personal opinions.

Any one who taunts a vendor into a bashfest, or dredges up old scores knowing full well the vendor will take it as a dueling offence is just another school yard bully and stands in lower regard than the vendor in my opinion.

Taunting anyone vendor or paying contributor or nonpaying contributer into this type of behavior is bad. It will do nothing to make this online learning center better. In fact it will turn it into just another place with the image of a bunch of rednecks standing around taunting person into a fight.

The main central focus of any organization or business it to remove FEAR. Right now the bashing and taunting is doing nothing to further this goal.

There are more than a few truely talented and generous persons who we all would benefit from who will not post at this or any other board because of this very behavior. I take you to the thread where one gentleman wanted to share his newly found knowledge about building a web page. Some of the posts on that thread were just plain wrong.

Take the bashfests elsewhere or some really good people will become fed up with the low class non professional behavior and simply evaporate or worse yet, never appear here in the first place.

Sheesh,, what a bunch of ninny tittie babies.

Bradster941

Hey Bradster,

I think that people who start polls should be held to the highest standard of all.

:tongue: JUST TEASING!!!!!!

Okay, seriously, I don't see ANY difference at all.... if you pay to be a merchant member here ....or if you just come on board to reply and state opinions. Your conduct and how you present things here (or anywhere) says it all anyhow.

I don't like politics in arenas like this. It's like a "shop environment" here , right? At least that's how I view everyone here. And you know how it is when you have to work with someone who is a turd as opposed to the cool people....right? Same thing here. Some people stink to some and others think the same people are cool. Go figure.

~Gear

OK Geary, I'm afraid we'll have to agree to agree.

You made the point I wanted to but left out:

"If some Turd comes in here telling how Great he is and how Everyone else doesn't know Jack Squat, then the members here will use him for Target Practice and in my opinion, Rightfully So! "

As such, I may be wrong in holding a MM above the rest, but won't tolerate such arrogant attitude from a MM in the same way as I won't tolerate it from a RG. (Regular Member)